When I collect the issues of Tidal playback, I found out that one of the most common questions asked by many Tidal subscribers is how many devices can I use Tidal on at the same time?
Q: 'Can I play Tidal on two devices simultaneously? I subscribed Tidal Hi-Fi that claims I could play Tidal on up to 5 devices. I downloaded Tidal app on the iPad for playing at home and my wife uses her phone to listen to Tidal playlists when she's at work. But when I received the text message from my wife saying Tidal on her phone kept stopping, I noticed Tidal at home is under the same situation. So how to stream Tidal from more than one devices at the same time? - From Rick Raymond.
Q: 'How to fix when Tidal stops playing and says I'm currently playing on another device? I signed up for Tidal Hi-Fi subscription to stream Tidal songs on my computer. But those days, it always pops up an error message noting 'Playback was paused because you are currently playing on another devices'. I just only shared my account to my boyfriend. If I didn't understand it wrong, I'm able to use Tidal on different devices at the same time. Is there any way to fix this issue?' - From Fiction Ntech.
Have you met such situation we described when using your account for 2 devices on Tidal? If yes, you can read on this article to find the answer of how many devices on Tidal account and the workaround to listen to Tidal on multiple devices.
Part 1. Official Way to Use Tidal on More Than One Device Simultaneously
How Many Devices Can I Use Tidal on
According to the statement on Tidal support, you can use 1 devices in online mode and 5 devices in offline mode simultaneously. For example, it's OK to listen to Tidal music online on your one computer and 5 mobile devices offline. That's the key point why Tidal said that you can play it on 5 devices but still meet playback issue on more than one device. It's not able to access Tidal simultaneously. Otherwise, you both will interrupt the Tidal connection.
How to Stream Tidal on Multiple Devices
If one of you can accept offline playlists, the easiest way is someone uses Tidal online and others uses Tidal offline. If not, Tidal also offers Tidal Family plan for subscribers to play music and playlists simultaneously at up to three different devices. Besides, it endows you to add extra four people to your account, the price could be half of the normal. It's easy to update to Tidal Family subscription, let's see how it works.
Step 1. Just open your Tidal app on your computer and then click the 'Account' option to choose 'Manage Subscription. It will bring you to the Tidal plan.
Step 2. Next, you can start to choose the Tidal Family plan for Premium or Hi-Fi as the target plan and confirm it.
Step 3. Now, there is no issue to play Tidal music on up to three devices at the same time.
Part 2. Better Way to Play Tidal Music Simultaneously on Many Devices
The official way is easy to operate but it's a little expensive for some people who can't afford. As a result, here we'll also introduce an alternative solution to listen to Tidal music and playlists on many devices simultaneously with no need to pay for the cost of Tidal family plan, even without Tidal subscription.
Tidal music files are protected by DRM technology, which limits users to access to music library through its Tidal app only. To unlock this restriction, please install AudFree Tidal Music Converter on your computer, which is well-designed for Tidal users to download and convert Tidal music to FLAC, WAV, AAC, MP3 and other common audio files with zero quality loss. After that, you can sync all downloaded Tidal songs to as many as devices for playback at any time without problem even without Tidal account.
How to Download and Convert Tidal to Multiple Devices
AudFree Tidal Music Converter is available for both Mac and Windows operating system. Please make sure you have download it and Tidal app on your computer before getting started to download Tidal playlists to all devices. Besides, this software has the 1-minute conversion limitation, please purchase the full version to unlock it.
- Step 1Add Tidal songs to AudFree Tidal converter
- When you open AudFree Tidal Music Converter on your computer, you will see the launch of Tidal app. And then you can start to discover the favorite songs that you'd like to download and play on other devices. Once found out, please click the three-dot icon to click the 'Share' > 'Copy Track Link' to copy Tidal links. Now, you can paste it to the search box of AudFree and hit on the '+' button to load audio files automatically.
- Step 2Customize Tidal audio output and parameters
- This one-stop Tidal music converter also have a setting function that allows users to set output parameters. Just click the top menu bar to choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option to define output format as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A or M4B and customize audio parameters by changing the bit rate, sample rate, audio channel, audio codec, etc. to enhance the audio quality. Please don't forget to click 'OK' to confirm it.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal music and playlists
- The last step is to launch downloading process by clicking the big 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface. The conversion time depends on how many songs you have imported. In general, it works at 5X faster speed to download and convert Tidal music and save them as local files on your computer.
Now, you can click the 'file' icon to locate all Tidal files. And then please connect your device and computer via USB cable or Wi-Fi network to transfer audio files. And then you can play tidal playlists on wanted devices simultaneously.