Q: Can I listen to Tidal on PS4? I have switched my streaming music service over from Spotify to Tidal. But I didn't realize whether Tidal is available on PS4 before doing this as I can play Spotify music on PS4 easily. It could be a charming experience of playing Tidal music in the background when playing a game on PS4.
When it comes to the solutions to how to get Tidal on PS4, one of the possible answers recommended by others could be that you can use an existing Plex server to access Tidal on PlayStation 4 after you have linked Tidal to Plex. So, in this article, we will show you how to use Tidal on Plex while playing games on PS4. It doesn't matter even though you don't use Plex since we will also introduce another way to listen to Tidal on PS4 without Plex.
Part 1. How to Get Tidal on PS4 with Plex
Because of the integration of Tidal and Plex, Tidal's CD-quality Hi-Fi uncompressed and Tidal Masters - MQA recordings are available on Plex and users have the ability to stream Tidal's entire music catalog on other devices, like PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Apple TV, etc. directly from Plex app. Put in another way, you can easily use PS4 Plex app to play Tidal music as background music while playing games on PlayStation 4. Here is the complete guide below:
Step 1. Please visit your Plex Account page in the web app and log in your details.
Step 2. Just hit on the 'Other Services' option to choose 'Link your Tidal account' and then you will need to authorize Tidal access.
Step 3. Install and launch Plex Preview on your PS4 game console and log in your Plex account on PS4.
Step 4. Now you can enjoy Tidal music and podcasts on PS4 from Plex app and start to play a game as you like.
Part 2. How to Play Tidal Music on PS4 from USB Drive
If you don't know how to install Plex on PS4 or just need an easier way to play Tidal music on PS4, you can directly follow this solution on this Part. Although there is no Tidal app on PS4, PS4 system supports to play local music files from a USB storage device. By using this way, you can listen to Tidal on PS4 in the background without interrupting games.
When we are talking about transferring Tidal music to USB flash drive, as Tidal is the streaming music, we need to get help from a professional Tidal downloader, called AudFree Music Downloader for Tidal. It can not only download music, playlists and podcasts from Tidal at 5X faster speed but also convert Tidal music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B with high quality preserved. It's well-known that PS4 Media Player is fully compatible with FLAC, MP3, AAC and M4A. Obviously, the converted Tidal music can be playable well on PS4.
Here, we will guide you on how to use AudFree Music Downloader for Tidal to download and convert Tidal music as local files and then the detailed tutorial of listening to Tidal music on a USB storage device.
- Step 1Add Tidal music to AudFree Tidal downloader
- Please download, install and launch this smart tool on your computer and then Tidal app will be opened automatically. (This Tidal solution needs to work with Tidal app, so please install it on your computer as well). To load Tidal music to AudFree software, please discover the Tidal music that you'd like to stream to PS4 on Tidal app and open it to click the 'three-dot' icon to choose 'Share' > 'Copy Tidal track' option. Now copy and paste the Tidal link to AudFree search box and tap the '+' button to load them for a while.
- Step 2Adjust Tidal output parameters for PS4
- PS4 can support FLAC, MP3, AAC and M4A audio formats. You can click the top menu on PC and 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter' from Apple's menu bar on Mac to choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert' button to open the setting window. And then you can define output format as PS4 compatible one in the opening window. Besides, you can also start to customize other audio parameters, like bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal for playing on PS4
- To get Tidal offline music files, please click the 'Convert' button to launch the downloading and converting process. AudFree Tidal downloader will download them as local files that you can locate them by clicking the 'file' icon or 'history' > 'search' icon. Now, please plug-in your USB to your computer via USB port. Because PS4 Media Player can only recognize 'Music' folder, please create a folder called 'Music' on your USB stick and transfer Tidal songs to USB drive.
- Step 4Play Tidal music on PS4 while playing games
Step 1. Pull out your USB drive and connect it to your PS4 system via USB port.
Step 2. Select the 'Library' option in the content area on PlayStation 4 gaming console.
Step 3. Choose the USB Music Player on the same area to locate and highlight the 'Music' folder.
Step 4. Now, just click the 'Play' button to play all music files stored in 'Music' folder on your USB drive.
You can select 'USB Media Player' on the quick menu to pause playing Tidal music, adjust the Tidal volume or do some other actions when playing Tidal music on PS4.