With over 70 million audios, Tidal is the gospel for true music purists and audiophiles. It provides ad-free high-quality, HiFi, and MQA songs with users to explore music feast. Music lovers can enjoy Tidal songs and playlists on favorite devices with ease.
Is Tidal on Android? The answer will vary depending on the version of your Android phone. Tidal is compatible with Android devices running Android 5 and higher. That's to say, it's able to play Tidal music on Android only if your device is under the condition.
But how? In this article, we will focus on Tidal playback on Android phones. If you haven't yet downloaded the Tidal app on your device, let's see how to get Tidal on Android with ease.
Part 1. Get Tidal on Android Offline via Tidal App
With the Tidal app for the Android version, users can find exclusive ad-free music in the large catalog. It supports unlimited skips, on-demand playback, and sharing playlists. Tidal Master audio is also supported on Android devices. So, you can play Tidal Master on Android phones.
One of the highlight features of the Tidal for Android app is offline play. It's well-known that Tidal doesn't have the 'Offline Mode' on the computer. But the Tidal app for mobile has. It gives users the ability to save Tidal files to Android phones using Offline Mode. You don't need to have a network connection to listen to Tidal streams anymore.
Can't wait to get Tidal on Android? Please follow the below steps to do that with ease.
How to Install Tidal on Android Phone
Step 1. Please launch the Google Play Store app on your Android phone.
Step 2. In the 'Search' bar, please type the 'Tidal' and confirm it to find the Tidal app.
Step 3. Tap the 'Install' button to install it on your device.
How to Download Tidal Music for Offline Listening
Step 1. Open the Tidal app on your phone and then log in to your HiFi or Premium account.
Step 2. Find an album that you'd like to download by searching or browsing. For downloading playlists, please tap the 'My Connection' button to choose the 'Playlists'. And then you can navigate to the playlist that you'd like to download.
Step 3. You will see there is a 'Download' button. Please swipe it to the right to start the downloading process. All Tidal downloads will be saved to your Android phone.
How to Play Tidal Music Offline on Android
Step 1. Go to the 'My Collection' page to find the 'Downloaded' option.
Step 2. Please click it and then you can find all downloaded Tidal songs. Select the tracks that you'd like to listen to offline. It will start to play automatically.
Note: Tidal launched a new 'casting' feature, Tidal Connect. It offers a new way to play TIDAL streams on selected audio devices via its mobile app. So you can use the Tidal app for Android to stream and control music to Tidal Connect-enabled devices.
Part 2. Play Tidal on Android Offline via AudFree Software
The above way to get Tidal on Android is using its official app. But some people may perfer to use commonly used player isntead of Tidal to get more perfect playback. So in this part, we will introuduce another way to listen to Tidal on Android via any other Android player.
How to play Tidal music and playlists on Android via other players? What you need to do is to use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to download Tidal music to other player comptible audio files. But it's worth mentioning that it is available for Mac and Windows operating systems. You need to download songs from Tidal onto computer and then sync them to your Android devices for offline playback.
The advantage of this way is you can play Tidal on Android offline even if you unsubscribe from Tidal on Android. Besides, you will never meet the issue that Tidal won't allow offline play with Android.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter
The following is the complete tutorial on how AudFree Tidal Music Converter works. You can follow them to download Tidal music to Android phones step by step.
- Step 1Add Tidal Songs to AudFree
- AudFree Tidal Music Converter offers an easy way to load Tidal songs that you'd like to play on Android. When you open this tool and the Tidal app, you can directly find the target songs or playlists. After that, please copy and paste the Tidal track link to the search bar of AudFree's. The last step is to tap the '+' button to add them quickly.
- Step 2Set Tidal Music Output Setting for Android Phones
- Please open the setting window by clicking the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' button. In the new window, you can customize output format and other audio parameters according to the players installed on your Android.
- Step 3Download and Convert Tidal Music
- Simply press the 'Convert' button at the main interface. The download process will be launched. AudFree Tidal Music Converter will work at 5X faster speed to download Tidal songs. The original audio quality, including ID3 tags can be kept in downloaded Tidal files.
- Step 4Play Tidal Music on Android Offline without Tidal App
- Please click the 'history' > 'search' icon to locate Tidal songs. And then connect your Android phone with your computer via USB cable or WiFi. Just drag and drop the Tidal music folder to your Android music folder. Now, you can start to use any Android player to listen to Tidal music on Android phone.