Bluesound is a wireless multi-room HiFi system, which is regarded as an advanced digital platform and allows you to stream music to anywhere in your home. You can listen to music from your PC, USB stick, or from online music services like Tidal, Spotify, etc. And you can control your music tracks with an intuitive free app available for iOS, Android, Apple Watch, Kindle Fire, as well as OS X and Windows computer.
Today, in this post, we will focus on Tidal with Bluesound products. If you are new to them and have no idea on how Bluesound and Tidal work, then please keep reading on this post. Here we are going to show you how to connect Bluesound Node 2i Tidal or other Bluesound products with Tidal online and offline. Just step with us at the following part.
Part 1. How to Link Bluesound and Tidal Online
As for Tidal on Bluesound, it requires users to be the Tidal Premium subscriber so that you can stream Tidal music on Bluesound Node 2i or other products. Now let's get started and see how to use Tidal on Bluesound.
Note: Before we start, please upgrade your Bluesound to BluOS firmware version 1.12.x or latest to enjoy Tidal music. Besides, go to www.bluesound.com/downloads for the newest update of the Bluesound Controller Apps for your mobile devices or computers. After that, you could follow the steps below and start.
Step 1. Open Bluesound Controller app on your device, go to the left side Navigation Drawer inside the app.
Step 2. Then scroll down to the bottom and click 'Configure Player' > 'Configure Music Services'.
Step 3. Choose TIDAL at the list and then login with your Tidal account info. Then hit on 'Update'.
Step 4. Close the Configure Player Menu and then touch on the Home Menu Icon.
Step 5. Open the Navigation Drawer and find TIDAL at the music sources.
Step 6. Select TIDAL to browse your cloud based account and then import music to your Bluesound playlists.
Part 2. Play Tidal Music on Bluesound Offline
Since Bluesound supports to import music files into it via the USB drive, here we will show you how to get Bluesound Tidal work offline by this method. It is easy and you just need to use a third-party tool to help you, so that you can get Tidal music for Bluesound and transfer them to Bluesound for playing.
The tool we are going to introduce to you is AudFree Tidal Music Converter. It is designed to download and convert Tidal music to FLAC, MP3, AAC, WAV and other audio formats. With this professional tool, you can get the converted Tidal audios with high quality and ID3 tags kept.
Moreover, you can customize the other audio parameters as you like before converting. After that, you will get Tidal music onto your computer and transfer them to Bluesound for offline listening.
AudFree Tidal Music Downloader
- Step 1Copy and paste Tidal music track to AudFree
- Please download and install the AudFree Tidal Music Converter program on your computer. Just click on the 'Download' button above and then you will get it. After installed, then open it and you will see the Tidal app will launch at the meantime. Next, log in your Tidal account and find the music you want to convert and play on Bluesound. Then copy and paste the link of the track to the home page of AudFree. Next, press on the '+' icon and the songs will be loaded into AudFree main screen.
- Step 2Define Tidal output setting for Bluesound
- If you are on a Mac computer, then please hit on the 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter' from the menu bar. If you run a Windows computer, you are required to click on the menu bar on the top right of AudFree. Next, select 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option. In the pop-up window, you can adjust the output formats such as MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc. And you are also able to personalize other audio parameters like channel, bit rate and sample rate.
- Step 3Download and store Tidal music on computer
- Here simply hit on the 'Convert' button at the bottom right on the main page. Then the AudFree Tidal Music Converter will work for you to convert Tidal music files. After conversion, you could locate and check the converted Tidal music on your computer. To do that, please click on the 'Converted' button with a red dot and then it will navigate you to the target folder.
- Step 4Make Bluesound Tidal work offline via USB
Now you had got the Tidal music as local files on your computer. Then you could transfer Tidal music to USB and start to play Tidal playlists on Bluesound with ease.
Part 3. Key Features of Bluesound
As a wireless sound system, Bluesound is a nice choice for you to play music in any and every room in your home. We will list some key features of Bluesound below and you could check it out.
- Allows to access to your own digital music collection from computer, NAS Drive (Network Attached Storage) or even the Bluesound Vault 2.
- Can play High-Res Audio music files
- Supports music streaming services like Tidal, Spotify, Deezer, etc. as well as Internet radio station.
- Listen to music from mobile devices via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- Enjoy music from a USB stick or hard drive.
- Control music with an intuitive free app available for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire and Apple Watch, as well as Windows and OS X computers.