Most people work from home during the COVID-19 and many like to listen to music on headphones while working on their laptops. Downloading music to local for offline playback would be a great way to enjoy music, as the WIFI connection is not always strong and stable.
However, in this era when music streaming services like Spotify and Tidal are booming faster than ever, users cannot download and keep streaming music for personal use. For Mac users who have a Tidal subscription and look for how to download Tidal MQA music, we are here to introduce an easy way to download Tidal on Mac OS using the best tool.
Part 1. Play Tidal on Mac - Tool Required
Tidal takes up a big portion of the music streaming industry because of its offer in high-quality music. Tidal offers two tiers of subscription plans: Tidal Premium and Tidal HiFi. With a Tidal Premium, users can stream music at 320 kbps while Tidal HiFi subscribers can stream high up to 1411 kbps.
Though the two subscription plan allows users to download Tidal music for offline listening, many people might not know that this offline feature is available for the Tidal mobile app only. It means that users can not download Tidal on Mac or Windows computer using the Tidal Mac app, which is different from Spotify.
Luckily, there is a solution to this issue. To help you out, you'll need a professional tool called AudFree Tidal Downloader for Mac which can not only download Tidal music on Mac locally but also convert Tidal music to MP3, AAC, and WAV and other common audio formats. AudFree Tidal Downloader can run at 5X faster speed to download Tidal music with original audio quality, even for Master quality songs. It is also intelligent enough to preserve all the ID3 tag information as well, such as title, year, genre, album art, etc.
AudFree Tidal Downloader offers both Mac and Windows versions, so if you want to download Tidal songs on a Windows PC, it is also possible. Moreover, users can download the free trial of this tool to download the first minutes of each Tidal songs with other full features and later set Tidal music as alarm or ringtone.
Part 2. How to Get Tidal for Mac - Step by Step
Before we get started, please make sure you have the AudFree Tidal Downloader and the Tidal app for Mac installed on your computer. In this part, we will illustrate the detailed steps on Tidal Mac download.
- Step 1Add Tidal music to AudFree Tidal Downloader
- To begin with, please run the AudFree Tidal Downloader on your Mac OS system, and the Tidal app will launch itself at the same time. Now, you can discover your favorite Tidal music from the Tidal app. Once decided the track, album, or playlist you want to download, hit on the 'three-dot' icon and select 'Share' > 'Copy Tidal Link' and then paste the link to the search box of AudFree. Click the '+' button to import Tidal songs into the tool.
- Step 2Define Tidal output settings for Mac
- The second step is to find the 'AudFree Tidal Downloader for Mac' from Mac's top-right menu bar and choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to open the setting window. Here, you get to select among 6 output formats. If you want to save storage on Mac, you can define output format as MP3. To preserve the best quality of Tidal music, you are suggested to go for FLAC. As you see in this window, you can customize other output audio parameters, like audio codec, sample rate, and bit rate.
- Step 3Start to download Tidal music on Mac
- After all settings are ready, simply press the 'Convert' button to start the downloading process. AudFree Tidal Downloader will download at fast speed and you will be able to get your download Tidal music files on Mac within minutes. When the downloading is done, you can find them by clicking on the 'Converted' list.
Part 3. In Conclusion
You have learned the easy way on how to use Tidal on Mac with the help of AudFree Tidal Downloader. Now enjoy your Tidal music on your Macbook with offline listening. In order to get the best out of Tidal's high-quality music with your headphones or HiFi equipment, you can check out the list of best DAC for Tidal MQA music in 2020.