When it comes to audiobooks, most of you may think of iTunes. Yes, as one of the largest online digital stores, iTunes has already become the most popular place for people to get spoken audiobooks online. It provides all kinds of audiobooks from fiction to sci-fi, from kids to mystery. However, purchasing audiobooks from iTunes may unveil some troubles when it comes to making a shift towards Android programs. At that moment, you'll be told iTunes audiobooks cannot play on Android devices because of the DRM.
Now, to help you play iTunes audiobook on Android without limit, we'll show you the best iTunes to Android converter which can completely remove DRM from iTunes and convert iTunes audiobooks to any Android device in just few steps.
Part 1. Android Can't Support iTunes Audiobooks? Why?
No matter you are new to iTunes or not, one thing needs to be notified is that all iTunes audiobooks are restricted by Apple's DRM (Digital Rights Management), with which only Apple's devices and software can play the DRM-ed audiobooks. Other players like Android phone or tablets are not included in the support list yet. That's why you'll receive the error message saying 'iTunes audiobooks are not supported' while syncing the audiobooks to Android.
In order to remove the limit, currently the best solution is using a 3rd-party iTunes DRM removal software to bypass the DRM protection from iTunes audiobooks. Fortunately, there are so many such tools that could convert iTunes DRM audiobooks to Android. Read on to find out the best solution.
Part 2. Best Software to Remove DRM from iTunes Audiobooks
AudFree DRM Audio Converter is a specially developed DRM remover for iTunes audiobooks that can remove DRM lock from iTunes audiobook as well as convert the protected iTunes audio books to more commonly used formats by Android OS, such as MP3, AAC, WAV. As the most reliable iTunes audiobook converter, it's also able to convert the DRM-ed audiobooks at up to 30x faster speed while retaining the original ID3 tags and chapters info. For some large audiobooks, you can also use AudFree to split them into small clips via chapters.
In addition to an iTunes audiobook converter, AudFree DRM Audio Converter also works with other audio files, including iTunes songs, Audible audiobooks, Apple Music and non-DRM audios.
AudFree iTunes to Android Converter
- Convert DRM-ed iTunes audiobooks to Android devices
- Convert iTunes M4A/M4B to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, M4B
- Preserve ID3 tags and all chapters in output audio files
- Split large audiobooks into small segments by chapters
- Convert iTunes, Apple Music M4P songs, Audible audiobooks, etc.
Part 3. Guide: How to Transfer iTunes Audiobooks to Android Phones/Tablets
If you already installed the free trial version of AudFree iTunes Audiobook Converter on your computer, let's get started to convert the DRM-ed iTunes audiobooks to Android with this smart DRM removal application.
- Step 1Add iTunes audiobooks
- Firstly, click the first 'Add' button at the bottom left corner and it will load the audiobooks in your iTunes library. Select them one by one and click 'OK' to import the files to AudFree DRM Audio Converter. Alternatively, you can add the iTunes audiobooks via drag-and-drop.
- Step 2Set output profile
- After adding the audiobooks, go to the bottom right corner and click the 'audio' icon next to 'Convert'. In the Format Setting window, you can select the output format such as MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, WAV, FLAC. You can also change the audio parameters like audio codec, sample rate, channel, bit rate, etc. to make the audio more personalized. In order to make the iTunes files playable on Android OS, you'd better set the output format as MP3.
- Step 3Convert iTunes audiobooks to MP3
- Hit 'Convert' button to start removing DRM from iTunes audiobooks. Wait till the conversion completes. After that, you'll locate the converted iTunes audiobooks from the converted folder. You can preview the books to see whether they meet your requirements, before syncing them to Android devices.
- Step 4Move iTunes audiobooks to Android
- Connect your Android device to computer using USB cable. Then copy the DRM-free iTunes audiobooks to Android media folder so that you can freely listen to the audiobooks at anytime you want.