iTunes audiobooks, like its movies and TV shows, are fully restricted by DRM copyright protection technology. In result, all the audiobooks are encoded in a special audio format called M4B which is only supported by selected devices (merely Apple's) that are authorized with Apple ID. Other media playing devices, such as Android phones and common MP3 players are totally incompatible with iTunes audiobooks.
But for iTunes regular users, there will always be a time when they need to transfer iTunes M4B audiobooks to non-Apple platform for playback, for example, burning the books to CD, playing them in the car, etc. In such cases, a proper DRM M4B to MP3 converter will be highly needed in order to convert the protected iTunes audiobooks from M4B to MP3, a more commonly supported format by most popular media players.
Now follow the tips below to find out the quick solution to convert iTunes M4B audiobooks to DRM-free MP3 in simple steps.
Part 1. Convert iTunes Audiobooks to MP3: Best Tool You'll Need
So the problem is whether there's any software that can completely remove DRM from iTunes audiobooks as well as convert the M4B format to MP3 at the same time. If you search further, you'll be delighted to find that there are indeed a large amount of iTunes audiobook converters on the Internet.
To save your effort, we highly recommend AudFree DRM Audio Converter to you. It's the best and most complete DRM removal tool that can help you permanently unlocking DRM from iTunes audiobooks while converting the DRM M4B to MP3 format without any quality loss. It will keep the original ID3 tags and chapter info in output MP3 books too. For large audiobooks, it will split them into smaller clips via chapters for you.
In addition to iTunes audiobooks, AudFree DRM Audio Converter also works with iTunes songs, Audible AA/AAX audiobooks, Apple Music as well as non-DRM audios.
Part 2. HowTo: Steps to Convert DRM iTunes M4B to MP3
After installing the latest version of AudFree DRM Audio Converter on your computer, you may follow these instructions to start converting your iTunes audiobooks to MP3 with this smart iTunes DRM removal tool.
- Step 1Import iTunes audiobooks to AudFree DRM Audio Converter
- Launch AudFree DRM Audio Converter on Mac/Windows. Then import the M4B audiobooks from iTunes library by clicking the first 'Add' button at the bottom left corner. You can also drag the iTunes audiobooks directly to the converter if you like.
- Note: To avoid any conversion error, you must firstly authorize your computer with the iTunes account. If the original audiobooks can't play well in iTunes alone, you should authorize it in advance. Otherwise AudFree won't work properly.
- Step 2Set output profile
- Go to Format Setting and select output format as MP3. You can also change the codec, channel, bit rate, etc if you want to make the output quality better.
- Step 3Convert iTunes M4B to MP3
- Click on 'Convert' button to begin converting the iTunes DRM-ed M4B audiobooks to MP3. After conversion, you can locate the DRM-free audiobooks from the converted folder and then freely transfer them to any MP3 player or devices for playback.