It's very easy to listen to Audible books on all devices that are compatible with the Audible app. Just sign in with Amazon account to start the free 30-day trial, choose a favorite audiobook for free, and then download the free Audible app on your device. Now, you can enjoy Audible audiobooks anytime and anywhere.
Recently, I have purchased a Google Pixelbook running the Linux-based Chrome OS. I use this Chromebook laptop to learn online courses via listening to Audible audiobooks on Chromebook. Today, I will share the successful experience of getting Audible on Chromebook with you.
One is to install an Audible app on Chromebook, the other is to convert Audible format to MP3 for playing on Chromebook. If you are interested in this topic, you can read this article to get a detailed tutorial.
Part 1. Install Audible on a Chromebook for Listening to Audiobooks
Can you download Audible channels on a Chromebook? Before getting the answer, you need to make clear whether Audible is available on Chromebook? Fortunately, the free Audible app is compatible with any Chromebook laptop, including the Google Pixelbook, Samsung Chromebook Pro, and Acer Chromebook 15.
How to get Audible on Chromebook? Firstly, please update your Chrome operating system to the latest version. After that, you can download the Audible app from the Google Play Store and play Audible files on Chromebook.
Step 1. Navigate to the 'Settings' option on Chromebook by clicking the 'account' photo.
Step 2. Activate the Google Play Store on your Chromebook by switching the 'Enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook' on.
Note: If there is no such option, it means that Play Store is not compatible with this device.
Step 3. In the following instruction, you need to confirm to accept the agreement. Now, please create or sign in your Google Play account details.
Step 4. Type the 'Audiobook for Android' in the search box to find out the Audible app. And then, you can download it on your Chromebook.
Step 5. On the Audible Manager, please log in to your Amazon account and download Audible books on Chromebook for playback offline.
Part 2. Convert Audible Books for Playing on Chromebook
Instead of installing the Audible on Chromebook, you can also convert Audible books to Chromebook compatible audio files. In this case, you can transfer downloaded Audible audiobooks to Chromebook or upload them to Gogole Play Music and use the built-in media player to listen to them.
By following this method, you can avoid Audible playback failure and some unexpected server errors, like no internet connection. AudFree Audible Converter is well-designed to convert Audible books to common audio tracks, like MP3, FLAC, WAV and FLAC. What's more, it can keep the original audio quality and split large audiobooks by chapters.
It's important to note that it's commercial software. But you can get Audible downloads forever and play them on all devices, including Chromebook online. By the way, it offers a free trial version for all customers to test its performance and comes with a 60-day refund guarantee.
How to Convert Audible Books for Chromebook
- Step 1Add Audible books to AudFree
- Please authorize Audible account in your iTunes Store and download Audible books you purchased in iTunes. And then you can click the 'Add files' button to select audiobooks that you'd like to listen to on Chromebook from the iTunes library. Also, you can drag and drop Audible books from your computer to AudFree Audible Converter.
- Step 2Adjust output settings for Chromebook
- Chromebook works well with audio files encoded in MP3, OGG, M4A, etc. Hit on the 'audio' icon to launch the setting window, in which you can pick up one supported output format from MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. You can check the mark before 'Keep lossless quality (AA,AAX)' to losslessly convert added audiobooks.
- Step 3Convert Audible books for playing on Chromebook
- When all settings are ready, you can convert Audible files that you throw to the AudFree program by simply pressing the big 'Convert' button. All converted audiobooks are exported into the output folder on your computer. In general, it works at 30X conversion speed. As a consequence, it doesn't waste you much time.
- Step 4Transfer converted Audible books to Chromebook
- Congratulations! All Audible files can be playable on Chromebook even without the Audible app installment. Now, you can transfer Audible books to USB flash drive and sync Audible MP3 books to the Chromebook via the USB port. Click the 'Files' app to choose your favorite music player to play Audible books on Chromebook.
- To upload Audible files to Chromebook, it's able to access Audible files on Chromebook via the Google Play Music app by uploading them to the Google Play Music.