Powered by Chrome OS, Chromebook is a laptop or tablet for work, study, listening, and more. When I search the hot topic of Chromebook, to my surprise, there are many persons confused about how to download Spotify for Chromebook.
Chromebook is integrated with Android apps, including the Spotify app. In general, it's easy to get Spotify on Chromebook. Through research, it may be that Chromebooks made up 60% of computers purchased by schools. But enjoying streaming music could be blocked because of network filters in school.
So, today, we will introduce the normal ways to use Spotify on a Chromebook. And also share an effective way to get Spotify unblocked download on Chromebook at school.
Part 1. Use Spotify for Chromebook via Spotify Web Player
Featuring a lightweight and the possibility to carry, Chromebook is a wonderful laptop. It is a tool not only for work and learning but also for music entertainment. Currently, there are more and more Chrome OS users who would like to use Spotify for Chromebook.
Can Chromebook run Spotify? Fortunately, Spotify enables users to access the Spotify library through Spotify Web Player using Chrome OS. Now, let’s follow the below steps to use unblocked Spotify Web Player on Chromebook.
Step 1. Launch the web browser you usually use to enter Spotify Web Player supported by Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Opera. Type the URL of 'https://open.spotify.com/' on the browser address bar to visit this link.
Step 2. If it’s the first time that you use Spotify Web Player, it will pop up a prompt. It's saying 'Playback of protected content is not enabled'. To fix this, please enter the new browser address bar. And then type chrome://settings/content to it and check out Enable the web player.
Step 3. Go back to Spotify Web Player and register or sing in your Spotify account. Now, you can start to play Spotify playlists or albums on Chromebook.
Note: Note: It's unable to download songs on Chromebook offline using Spotify Web Player. The player doesn't support offline playback features, even subscribing to Spotify Premium. To listen to music offline on Chromebook, please refer to the following 2 ways. Besides, if you have met 'Spotify Web Player not working on Chromebook, please visit this page to fix it: Fix Spotify Web Player Not Working.
Part 2. Download Spotify on Chromebook via Android App
Can you install Spotify on Chromebook with the purpose to play Spotify songs offline? When you search the Spotify desktop app for Chromebook on Community, you will get a negative official answer. "Sorry for everyone, at this moment we are marking this feature as 'Not Right Now' as we don't have plans for this". What should you do as the Spotify app for Chromebook is not yet available?
The good news is that Chromebook is compatible with Android apps now in the latest models. Put it another way, you can control the mobile Spotify app on Chromebook to listen to music. As for the detailed tutorial, please check it below:
Step 1. Please update your Chrome OS version to the latest version. And then go to the 'Settings' screen on your Android phone.
Step 2. Please turn on 'Install apps and games from Google Play on your Chromebook' from the 'Google Play Store' option.
Step 3. Find the Spotify app. And click it to download on Chromebook. After that, you can launch this app to listen to music on Chromebook. If you'd like to download Spotify songs on Chromebook for offline playback, please update to Spotify Premium.
Part 3. How to Download Spotify on School Chromebook without Premium
It couldn't be easier to get Spotify on a Chromebook through a mobile app. But you will meet the issue of Spotify on Chromebook not working if your Chromebook is an old one. And you can't download Spotify songs if you don't have a Spotify Premium account. Besides, students can't get the network to access Spotify service.
So, here we’d like to show you an alternative solution to get Spotify Premium for free on Chromebook. After that, you can get Spotify download unblocked on the school Chromebook.
To do that, please prepare AudFree Spotify Music Converter, a Mac or Windows computer, and Spotify desktop client. AudFree Spotify to Chromebook Converter is designed for free and premium Spotify users. It can download and convert songs, playlists, or albums from Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. It will preserve 100% original quality in Spotify downloads.
Note: AudFree Spotify converter can’t directly support Chrome OS. Please equip with a different OS computer. After conversion, you can listen to Spotify music downloads on Chromebook via syncing music files.
How to Download Spotify Songs on Chromebook
- Step 1Browse and add Spotify music to AudFree
- By touching the shortcut from the computer desktop, AudFree Spotify Music Converter will be launched. And the Spotify app will be opened automatically. You can copy and paste the URL of Spotify tracks to the search box of AudFree if you got some already. Or you can drag and drop music files from Spotify to the conversion window instead.
- Step 2Define output format and other settings for Chromebook
- Spotify music files are encoded in Ogg Vorbis format. They could be not recognized by the media player on your Chromebook. So, you can define the output format as MP3 with high compatibility. Please click the 'Preference' -> 'Convert' button to do that. Besides, with a free Spotify account, you'd better set the bit rate as 320 kbps to enhance the output audio quality.
- Step 3Download Spotify for Chromebook
- When all settings are done, please simply click the big 'Convert' tab at the bottom-right corner. This tool will download Spotify files for Chromebook and do format conversion. Generally speaking, it will work at 5X faster speed. Once the converting process finishes, you can locate Spotify MP3 songs on the destination folder.
- Step 4Transfer Spotify MP3 downloads to school Chromebook
- Congratulation, you get Spotify local files successfully. You can store these audio files to your USB drive and then copy and paste them to your Chromebook local drive. Once uploaded, you can start to listen to Spotify music offline on Chromebook.
This way could be a little complicated than using Spotify Web Player and Android app. But it allows Spotify and Chromebook users to download Spotify music on Chromebook for free. You don't need to pay for Spotify paying plan every month anymore. It seems a big idea for all students.
Video Tutorial: 3 Ways to Download Spotify for Chromebook to Play Music Offline
If you need a more intuitive tutorial to download Spotify on Chromebook, you can watch this video demo. It covers the above ways to achieve this goal. After that, you can easily listen to Spotify music offline on your school Chromebook.