Do you love stories but don't have the time to read books? Well, audiobooks could just be the best starting point for your adventures. Audible is audiobook support from Amazon which you may download or stream its titles using your membership.
You may be wondering how to buy or download Audible books to a PC or other devices. Several ways are available for the purchase of Audible books. It could be from the Audible website, via Audible Download Manager, and by downloading playback playlists via an Audio Converter. Dive into the next section for detailed solutions.
Part 1. How to Buy and Download Audiobooks from Audible Store on PC
Here is how to get your Audiobooks from the Audible Store on PC.
Step 1. Visit the Audible Website
First, open a browser on your PC and go to the "audible.com" site. Next, log into your Amazon account.
Step 2. Download Audible Books
In the "Audible" site, click on the "Library" option and then choose the "Titles" section. You will find all the Audible audiobooks you had purchased earlier in your library. Select the audiobooks you'd like to hear and then click on the "Download" tab to download audiobooks from Audible.
Step 3. Save the Audible File
Wait for the download to finish, then locate the "AAX" downloaded file. Then select a folder where you want to save the Audible file.
Part 2. How to Download Audible Books on PC via Audible Download Manager
You can download Audible to PC via Audible Download Manager on Win versions 7, 8, and 8.1.
Step 1. Install Audible Download Manager on Windows
Download and install the Audible Download Manager on your Windows computer. This app will save your Audiobook as a file with the ".aax" extension.
Step 2. Download Audible Books from the Audible Library
Go to the library of "Audible site". Then click on the "Download" tab on the web page. The Audible Download Manager will immediately be activated to start the download process.
Step 3. Wait for the Download to Complete
Once the status changes to "Completed", click on the "Find" option to locate the Audible books in the "Download" folder on your PC.
Part 3. How to Download Audible Books to PC via Audible for PC App
Check out how to download Audible books to PC via the Audible Windows App. This option works for Windows 8 and 10.
Step 1. Download and install the Audible Windows app from the Microsoft Store.
Step 2. Then open the Audible Windows app and sign in with your Amazon account.
Step 3. Click on the "Library" icon.
Step 4. Check for the "three" dots icon next to the title of the Audible book you wish to download.
Step 5. Next, click on the "Download" tab that pops in the drop-down list and let the download process begin.
Step 6. The Audible files will finally be downloaded to the PC. Locate the downloaded Audible books from the appropriate link.
Part 4. How to Download Audible Books to MP3 on PC
Perhaps you have tried the above methods but you can't download Audible books to PC yet. Then the best audio converter is what you need to convert your Audible books to the common output format. AudFree Audio Converter works in a few steps to convert your files to AA, AAX, MP3, WAV, M4A, among many others.
AudFree Auditior app will also keep all the lossless quality for your Audible audiobooks as you convert AAX or AA audiobooks to MP3 among other formats. And do you wish to customize the output audio settings? This app is a gem when it comes to customizing audio parameters like bit rate, codec, speed, audio channel, etc. More so, it works at a high speed, managing a 30X faster rate for Audible conversion.
How to Download Audible Book to PC via AudFree Auditior
AudFree Auditior is a powerful tool that will painlessly convert your AA/AAX files on Audible to MP3 and other formats.
- Step 1Launch and register AudFree Auditior
- Visit the official website and download AudFree Auditior on your PC. Install and launch it on your computer. Then proceed to register the app. Click on the "Menu" icon and then the "Register" option. Next, input your license key and the registration code to make the app a full version.
- Step 2Import AA/AAX audiobooks
- Start to import the AA/AAX audiobooks to AudFree Auditior. Just locate the audio files, then drag and drop the files you need for conversion into AudFree Audio Converter's interface. Alternatively, you can use the "Add" tab to import Audiobooks. This app supports batch conversion hence you can add multiple files at once to convert.
- Step 3Customize output format for Audible PC download
- With the files added to the AudFree app, now click on the "Edit" or "Format" tab to begin customizing your files. Choose the output format as "MP3", then proceed to personalize other parameters. These include the sample rate, bit rate, codec, etc. Likewise, you can go to the "Effects" icon to edit the ID3 tags as well as split your audiobooks into smaller segments by chapters.
- Step 4Convert and download Audible to PC
- The last step is to convert your audiobooks to MP3 files. Click the "Convert" button and AudFree Auditior will start the conversion work automatically. Then locate the converted audiobooks from the "History" folder. Transfer them to any device or media player for playback without restrictions.
Part 5. Audible Format 4 vs Enhanced Audio Format
Enhanced Audio Format is strictly exclusive to Audible. These formats are minimally compressed, making their audio quality the best for listening. Nonetheless, their audiobooks are quite large and need more time for downloading.
On the other hand, Audible Format 4 is more compressed and takes up much smaller space. This format is the best option to download the audiobook to play on your MP3 player. Also note that the bitrate on format 4 is "32" bits whereas the Audible Enhanced Format is "64" bits, making Format 4 easier and quicker to transfer.
Part 6. Conclusion
You are now well equipped on how to download Audible audiobooks to PC. The best part is that you can customize your Audiobooks to your preferences by using the best converter app. AudFree Audio Converter is a sophisticated tool that works in easy steps to convert your audiobooks into common formats like MP3. It also lets you split your audiobooks into smaller manageable portions among other functionalities.