Nowadays, Audible is the largest producer and retailer in the world, selling and renting thousands of audiobooks. With this popular trend, people are more likely to keep up with bestsellers on Audible than read paperbacks or listen to audio from multiple tapes. For users, Audible offers an easier and more convenient way to meet reading needs.
To listen to Audible books effortlessly, this article will describe a recommended method for downloading Audible books to USB. This way, in addition to the Audible app, you can play Audible through USB in the car and other devices that support USB port. Read on to learn useful tips for saving audiobooks on thumb drive with ease.
Part 1. Can I Save Audible Books to USB
Have you tried to transfer Audible audio books on USB sticks by the action of copying and pasting? In this case, you may get an error message to indicate that the audiobooks are not recognized by the USB drive. To explain this situation, we need to go back to Audible itself.
In order to protect the copyrights of publishers and content providers, Audible uses digital rights management technology in its audio books encoded in AA and AAX audio formats. For this reason, downloaded Audible books cannot be transferred to any device not authorized by Audible directly, including USB flash drive.
Part 2. Transfer Audible Audiobook to USB - Best Tool
Thanks to the rapid development of Audible tools, you can remove Audible protection by re-encoding the format. Here, the top AudFree Audible audiobook converter is enough to meet the needs as it is carefully designed to strip the format protection from Audible purchases and downloads.
In fact, using lossless decryption technology, it is fully capable of converting Audible AA/AAX to MP3, AAC, FLAC formats recognized by USB drive. With the built-in ID3 editor, it can retain the original ID3 tags in the converted Audible files. As a result, you have the freedom to download Audible audiobooks on flash drive and play them offline on other devices.
AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter
How to Download Audible Books to USB-compatible Files
- Step 1Add Audible Books to AudFree Auditior
- Make sure you have an authorized Audible account on iTunes and download Audible books to your iTunes library. After that there are two ways to load Audible audiobooks. One is to click the first "Add File" button to select the desired audiobooks. The other method is to drag Audible books into the main interface to complete the import.
- Step 2Set Audible Output Format for USB
- Please click the "Format" button in the bottom right corner to re-encode Audible to USB supported audio files. Here, you can customize the output format as MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc. If you want to split Audible audiobooks by chapter, you need to click on the "Edit" icon to complete the settings.
- Step 3Convert Audible Books for USB Flash Drive
- Just click the big "Convert" button at the bottom right corner, then AudFree Audible Converter will start working to get rid of Audible format limitation. By the way, it supports batch conversion and you can import as many Audible files to this tool as possible. Then you can navigate to the Audible target folder on your computer by pressing the "File" icon.
How to Put Audible Books on USB Flash Drive
Now that you have converted the protected Audible files to USB compatible files, it is time to transfer Audible books to USB device following the detailed tutorial below.
Step 1. Please connect the USB flash drive to your computer, and then open the USB storage folder.
Step 2. Find the converted Audible file in the local folder of your computer. After that, right-click to select "Send to" option and then choose the USB folder as the destination folder.
Step 3. After storing Audible books on USB drive smoothly, you can play the audiobooks on all USB-enabled devices.
Part 3. FAQs about Audible USB Stick
Q1: Why Can't I Download Audible Books to USB?
Because Audible books are encrypted in AA/AAX format, which is not recognized by USB. In this situation, it would be a good idea to convert Audible to USB drive supported format, like MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc.
Q2: What Devices Can Play Audible on USB?
Once you have downloaded Audible talking books on USB stick, you have the privilege to transfer Audible books to the car, smart TV, MP3 player with USB port or more other devices for playback enjoyment.
Q3: Can I Permanently Back up Audible Books to USB?
To be honest, AudFree Audible Converter must be the best choice for backing up Audible books to USB. With its assistance, you have the ability to back up Audible books in perpetuity for unlimited playback on various USB devices and players.
Part 4. In Conclusion
As you can see, it's so easy to download Audible on USB stick with AudFree Audible Converter. Now you can take full advantage of audiobooks on flash drive for offline listening without any platform or device limitation. Don't hesitate to take action and enjoy a free Audible journey.