With the rapid development of the information age, listening to audiobooks has gradually become a common form of entertainment for the public. While Audible is widely popular as a thriving audiobook platform that provides listeners with genuine audiobooks and original stories.
In the meanwhile, many Audible users want to store and manage their Audible books on a cloud platform like Google Drive. In this way you can save space for your device and access these Audible books freely and easily. However, when you try to save Audible to Google Drive, you must have failed.
You must be very confused about why you can’t upload Audible books to Google Drive. Take it easy, this article provides you with satisfactory answers. What’s more, you will master the skill to put Audible books to Google Drive. Let’s dig into it now.
Part 1. Why You Can't Put Audible Books into Google Drive
As a powerful cloud drive, Google Drive allows users to transfer and store files to it from various devices and platforms. And it supports many common audio formats such as MP3, WAV, M4A and OGG. However, it is important to note that all Audible audiobooks are available in AAX and AA formats and are encrypted by Digital Rights Management technology. This means that these protected files can only be used on Audible-authorized devices and applications.
Therefore, it is obvious that Google Drive cannot access these protected AA and AAX Audible files. That’s why you can’t upload Audible directly to Google Drive. So is there a way to solve these obstacles? The answer is undoubtedly yes, and the following will introduce a best tool that meets your needs to solve this dilemma. Read on to find out more.
Part 2. Tool Required to Download Audible Audiobooks to Google Drive
As mentioned previously, Audible Audiobooks in AA/AAX are not compatible with Google Drive. If you want to store Audible on Google Drive, you need to convert Audible to Google Drive-compatible formats such as MP3 first, and then you can upload Audible audiobooks to Google Drive directly. So at this point, you urgently need an Audible converter to help you out.
AudFree Audible Converter should be your best choice. Since AudFree Auditior is designed as an all-in-one tool for downloading and converting Audible AA/AAX to MP3 and many other common audio formats. In addition, it maintains the original quality and full ID3 tags of Audible files during the conversion process. Of course, if you want to split a large Audible audiobook into different chapters, the built-in editing features can help you achieve this.
With the aid of this professional Audible converter, it couldn’t be easier to save audiobooks from Audible to Google Drive. After that, you can listen to Audible audiobooks from Google Drive on many devices offline.
AudFree Audible Converter
- Convert Audible to Google Drive compatible file
- Losslessly download and remove the built-in DRM protection from Audible
- Download and convert Audible audio tracks at up to 30X faster speed
- Customize Audible output format and related audio parameters, including codec, speed, audio channel, etc.
How to Convert Audible books for Google Drive
- Step 1Download and Register AudFree Auditior
- Please first download AudFree Auditior on your PC or Mac. Launch AudFree Auditior after installation. Then click on the menu bar, select the registration option, and enter your license key to upgrade the software to the full version.
- Step 2Import Audible Audiobooks to AudFree Auditior
- There are two ways to add Audible audio files. One is to drag the Audible audiobooks from your computer directly into the conversion window of AudFree Auditior. Or you can choose to import the audio file using the first Add button in the bottom left corner of the interface. If you have other needs, you can click the second button to add common audio.
- Step 3Adjust Audible Books Output Format for Google Drive
- Then click the Format button to select the output format of Audible books, including MP3, M4A and other Google Drive-supported formats. At the same time, you can also choose to set the codec, channel and other audio parameters for Google Drive. If you want to save the output Audible books to lossless quality, please check the one-stop Keep lossless quality option at the bottom of the setting window.
- Step 4Download and Convert Audible Books for Google Drive
- Now click the Convert button and AudFree Auditior will start converting Audible books for Google Drive. Once the conversion is done, you can get the converted Audible books in your computer local files. And now, you can freely save Audible books to Google Drive.
Part 3. How to Save Converted Audiobooks from Audible to Google Drive
After you follow the steps above to finish the conversion, you get the Audible audiobook files supported by Google Drive on your computer. Now, it’s simply easy to store Audible to Google Drive directly from your computer. Let’s follow the detailed steps below to try it out!
Step 1. Open the official Google Drive website on your computer and sign in to your Google account.
Step 2. Click on the New button at the top left of the Google Drive window, after which select the File Upload or Folder Upload option. You can then browse through the converted Audible audiobook files stored on your computer and choose to upload them to Google Drive. There is another simple and straightforward way, you can choose to drag and drop Audible files directly from your computer to Google Drive.
Step 3. Finally, you only need to wait a few minutes for the upload. Once the upload is complete, then you can listen to Audible offline on any device via Google Drive at anytime and anywhere.
Part 4. In Conclusion
Whether you want to save Audible to Google Drive or other applications that don’t support Audible audiobooks, AudFree Audible Converter seems to be your reliable helper. With the assistance of this professional and superior tool, you get full control and ownership of these Audible books and play them as you like without any trouble. Give it a try and start enjoying your Audible audiobooks without limits.