Q: I am preparing a PPT presentation using Google Slides for my study research report to make the data less boring and tasteless. To make my presentation more effective and let my audience focus on the key points, I would like to add music to Google Slides presentation from Spotify. But I have no idea about how to do this since there is no way to add music from the local computer into Google Slides. Anyone can help me out? Thanks a lot!
Google Slides is a reliable and free presentation app, which allows users to create a slideshow easily and directly no need to download and install an application. But unlike Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides doesn't support for importing audio files.
Fortunately, when it comes to the solutions on how to insert music to Google Slides from Spotify, here are two workarounds for your references. You can find the detailed tutorial in the following article.
Part 1. How to Add Music to Google Slides from Spotify Online
Although Google Slides has no ability to add local music for using as the background music of your presentation, it allows you to add online music files from online streaming music services, including Spotify, Grooveshark, SoundCloud, etc. You just need to copy and paste the link of the Spotify track in Google Slides' 'Insert link' option. It could be the easiest way to add background music to Google Slides.
Add a Spotify Track to Google Slides Presentation
Step 1. Open the web browser, navigate to the Google Slides presentation, and then open the slide, in which you'd like to add Spotify music.
Step 2. Select a bit of text on the slide by clicking the 'Insert' > 'Text' box from the menu to create a text box.
Step 3. Go to the Spotify Web Player and find the track that you want to put on Google Slides presentation
Step 4. Please right click on the item, then hit on the three-dot icon to choose 'Share' and click the 'Copy Song Link' to copy Spotify music.
Step 5. Go back to your presentation in Google Slides and paste the Spotify track link into the text box.
Step 6. Touch the arrow tool, resize the text box and then put it wherever you want it on the presentation slide.
Step 7. To play music on Google Slides, please click the link to trigger the music when your presentation is in view and then this Spotify music will play in the separate browser tab and it will stop playing when you closed it.
Part 2. How to Add Music to Google Slides from Spotify via Google Drive
When you are under the network connection, adding music to Google Slides from Spotify Web Player is the most effective way. But it's hard to make sure you can connect to the stable WiFi network when you play Spotify music on Google Slides presentation. It could be a big drawback. To avoid unnecessary problems, another way to insert music into Google Slides could be recommended. It's to add background music to Google Slides from Google Drive after you have uploaded Spotify music to Google Drive.
To achieve this purpose, you'll get help from AudFree Spotify Music Converter, which can download Spotify music onto computer and convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B so that it could be easy to import Spotify songs to the cloud drive. After that, you can enjoy Spotify music as background music in Google Slides even without an Internet connection.
It won't take you much energy and time as it works at 5X faster speed. And the output audio quality is also great since it won't touch the original audio files when converting Spotify files and ID3 tags will be 100% preserved.
Download and Convert Spotify Music for Google Slides
Just like other streaming music services, music in Spotify library is streaming music and you can't locate the downloaded audio files by its 'Download' option. Here, let's use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to download Spotify music as local files and convert Spotify music for uploading to Google Slides.
- Step 1Add Spotify music and playlist to AudFree
- There are two ways to load Spotify music to AudFree Apple Music Converter. The first way is to drag and drop music from Spotify to the main interface of the AudFree. The other way is to copy the Spotify music link and paste it to the AudFree's search box. Then AudFree will analyze the link and load Spotify music to the main interface automatically. If you are lots of Spotify music to convert, the second way is more convenient.
- Step 2Adjust output format for Google Slides
- To open the setting window, you can click the top-right menu bar on Windows computer or click the 'AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Mac' option on Mac to choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert' button. And then you can customize output format and other audio parameters as you like. You can define output format as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A or M4B and adjust the output bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music for adding to Google Slides
- If you'd like to get MP3 from Spotify files, you can just skip the second way and follow this step, since the default output format of AudFree Spotify Converter is MP3. When all settings are ready, you can simply press the 'Convert' button to launch the downloading process. This smart tool will work at 5X faster speed to download music, podcast, audiobooks, playlist or radio you added offline.
Insert Spotify Music to Google Slides
Now, you can locate all local Spotify music files by clicking the 'history' > 'search' box or the 'file' icon. And follow the below two ways to embed music in Google Slides.
- Step 1Upload Spotify Music to Google Slides
- Open your Google Drive and login your account details. Go to the 'New' > 'File upload' to choose the music folder that stored converted Spotify music tracks. As for the detailed tutorial, you can refer to this source page: How to Upload Spotify Music to Google Drive.
- Step 2Add Spotify Music to Google Slides
- Open your Google Slides presentation and navigate to the slide that you'd like to insert Spotify music and then go to 'Insert' > 'Audio' option. It will pop up a new window, in which all Spotify music on Google Drive will show up and you can choose a Spotify music to add as background music for your Google Slides presentation.