Q: "I bought a smartwatch recently. I want to play Spotify on smartwatch. But I don't know how to do it. Do you have any idea?"
Smartwatch is a wearable device for calculation, playback of digital audio and video files, making calls, game-playing and so on. So functional the tool is that it enjoys high popularity in the market. If you are a Spotify music enthusiast, you may wonder how to get a smartwatch with Spotify working. Let's find the answer in the following parts.
Part 1. How to Get a Smartwatch That Works with Spotify
Make a Subscription of Spotify for Smartwatch
As a user of Spotify, you can subscribe to its premium plan so that you are allowed to use Spotify on the smartwatch. Then you can access Spotify music on your smartwatch. Moreover, you are able to download the songs inside the Spotify app. If you own the Garmin and Samsung smartwatches, you can listen to Spotify offline on the smartwatch. But Apple and Wear OS don't support offline playback. You are supposed to take a further look at this when you buy a smartwatch.
It’s also worth mentioning that not all smartwatches are compatible with the Spotify app. By using this way, please make sure there is a built-in Spotify app for Wear OS on your smartwatch.
Download Spotify Songs to Smartwatch via AudFree Tool
Apart from subscribing to the Spotify premium plan, you have the other way to gain a smartwatch that works with Spotify. The effective tool you need is called AudFree Spotify Music Converter. Why you need this tool. The reason is that most of smartwatches only support MP3/AAC audio files. The AudFree software is well-designed to convert and download Spotify tracks to common formats like MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, etc. Therefore, with the AudFree program, you can easily get audio files whose formats are MP3/AAC and then you can put downloaded Spotify music on all kinds of smartwatches even without the Spotify app for Wear OS with ease.
What's more, the converted Spotify files you get are all lossless with their ID3 tags preserved. The AudFree Spotify to Smartwatch Converter runs at 5X faster speed so you could get the transferred tracks in a short time.
Part 2. How to Download Songs from Spotify to Smartwatch through AudFree
Using the AudFree Spotify Songs Downloader, you can quickly get what is available to be played on your smartwatch. The following is a concrete tutorial of AudFree for you.
- Step 1Upload Spotify Tracks to AudFree
- Install the AudFree Music Converter after you download it on your computer operating with Windows or Mac system. Launch the AudFree tool, you can then see a pleasing interface. Meanwhile, the Spotify software will be opened. Thus, you can drag the songs from Spotify to the conversion window. Or you can copy and paste their links to the interface.
- Step 2Set Output Parameters for Your Smartwatch
- On the top right of the interface, you can find a button called 'Preference'. Tap on it. You can select the output format. You are suggested to pick the MP3 as it is the most common audio format for smartwatches. Moreover, the AudFree allows you to set the channel, bit rate and sample rate. You can also archive the output tracks by Artist/Album or Artist as you like. In addition, you can choose your favorite output folder by hitting the 'Converted' icon on the bottom.
- Step 3Convert Spotify Tracks to MP3 for Smartwatch
Click the 'Convert' button. Then the AudFree Spotify tracks for Smartwatch Converter will begin to convert Spotify playlists to ordinary files. The quality of Spotify tracks will not be damaged at all during the conversion process. You can finally have the transferred Spotify tracks in the output folder you set. Now you can import the Spotify songs to your smartwatch for your entertainment.
Note: What you get in the end is the first one minute of each Spotify track. To win a full converted file, you are supposed to buy the AudFree program.
Part 3. More Tips: How to Install Spotify on Smartwatch
With a smartwatch that works well with the Spotify in your hand, firstly, you should install the Spotify app on your smartwatch. You are offered a guide on how to get a smartwatch that can play Spotify. If you are using the latest Wear OS 2.x software, there are two ways for you. First of all, make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
Install Spotify from the Web
Browse on the web of the Google Store. Click on the Spotify app and install it. Choose the smartwatch as the destination device.
Install Spotify from the Smartwatch
Load up to the Play Store on your Wear OS smartwatch. Select the Spotify app and hit the 'Install' button.