When it comes to playing Spotify music on Galaxy S9/S8, one thing we need to point out is that Samsung has announced to make Google Play Music as default music player. If you are subscribing paid plan on Spotify or other streaming music services, what should you do?
With a 3,000 mAh battery capacity, 4GB of RAM, 64GB or 128GB internal memory, Samsung Galaxy S8 or S9 is an ideal mobile phone to explore music trip with great listening experience. To make Spotify playback on S9/S8 easier and better, we will show you two ways on how to sync Spotify music to Samsung Galaxy S8/S9 with ease.
Part 1. How to Download Spotify Music on Galaxy S8/S9 via Spotify App
Most of streaming music apps can be downloaded to Samsung S8 and S9 from Google Play Store for music entertainment. Fortunately, Spotify mobile app is in the compatible list. Only if Spotify app is available in your country, you can listen to Spotify playlists or songs on Galaxy devices with no effort. With your Spotify premium account, you can refer to detailed steps to download music or playlists from Spotify to Samsung Galaxy S8/S9 with Spotify app installment.
Download Spotify App on your Galaxy S9/S8
Step 1. Find and hit on the Apps button from the Home screen on your Samsung Galaxy device.
Step 2. Open Google's Play Store to type 'Spotify' in the search bar at the top of the main interface.
Step 3. Simply touch 'Spotify Music' option and tap 'Install' -> 'Accept' button to launch the downloading process.
Listen to Spotify Songs on Samsung Galaxy Offline
Step 1. Open Spotify app on your computer and mobile phone and login with the same premium account details.
Step 2. Connect your phone with computer via the Wi-Fi network or USB cable and then click 'Devices Available' from Spotify desktop client.
Step 3. Click the "Sync 'your device's name' with Spotify" button and start to select playlists to syn from computer to Galaxy S9.
Step 4. To download Spotify files on Galaxy device directly, you can play a song and turn the 'Download' icon on and the target tracks will be downloaded automatically.
Part 2. How to Transfer Spotify Music to Galaxy S9/S8 without Spotify App
If Spotify app is not available in your country or you are a free Spotify register, the above way is no soup for you. So, you should look for alternative way to make Spotify playlists playable on Samsung Galaxy S8 or S9. In general, the best and easiest solution is to copy and transfer Spotify files from computer to Samsung Galaxy phones.
To make it possible, we need to get help from a professional third-party Spotify tool, called AudFree Spotify Music Downloader to download Spotify files as common local files, since Spotify has encrypted music tracks using DRM technology and we can't play any Spotify song without Spotify app itself. AudFree Music Converter for Spotify can achieve this goal by removing DRM lock from Spotify files and convert Spotify playlists to MP3 or other Samsung supported audio files losslessly.
With the easy-to-use interface, you can easily use this smart Spotify music converter to move Spotify music to Samsung Galaxy S9 without Spotify Android app and no need to subscribe Spotify premium. Please make sure you have installed this professional tool on your computer in advance.
- Step 1Import Spotify songs/playlists to AudFree
- Open AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Mac on your computer, and then you can drag and drop favorite songs, playlists or albums you'd like to sync to Galaxy S9/S8 from Spotify to AudFree's main interface or you can copy and paste the URL of Spotify tracks to the search box of AudFree to import Spotify files.
- Step 2Customize output settings for Samsung Galaxy
- Spotify tracks are encoded in Ogg Vorbis format, which can't be recognized by Samsung Galaxy devices, you need to set the output format of Spotify files as MP3 or other common audio format. Since you are using Spotify free account getting 160 kbps quality, you'd better to customize bit rate as 320 kbps to enhance audio quality for better playback.
- Step 3Remove DRM and download Spotify music for Galaxy S9/S8
- After all settings are ready, please click the big 'Convert' button at the conversion window. This software will start to get rid of DRM protection from added Spotify tracks and convert them to target DRM-free audio files. After conversion, you can find all Spotify unprotected files on local destination folder for syncing.
- Step 4Transfer converted Spotify files to Galaxy S8/S9
- Now, you can use the USB cable or Wi-Fi network to connect your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S8 with computer including Spotify downloads and then you just need to sync the whole Spotify music folder from the Mac or Windows computer to Galaxy phone via copying&pasting action. And then you can play Spotify music on Samsung devices that doesn't connect Internet network.
Part 3. Final Verdict
There are two solutions in this page on how to save Spotify music to Samsung Galaxy S9/S8. But two ways are totally different according to different situation you are in.
If you are upgrading to Spotify Premium subscription and you can download Spotify app from Play Store, the first way is the better to play Spotify playlists on Galaxy devices offline.
But if you can't download Spotify app on your phone or you can't afford the high subscription fee per month AudFree Spotify Music Converter seems an ideal tool, which can help both free and paid music lovers transfer Spotify music to Galaxy S9 or S8 from computer for offline playback on any music player.