Q: “How do I connect Spotify to GoXLR? I am a Spotify Music fanatic and have downloaded my favored Spotify Music after subscribing to Spotify Premium. However, when I try to connect these tracks to the GoXLR, I find that it simply does not work. What’s going on here?”
Some Spotify Music lovers may experience similar problems when using GoXLR streaming tools. But it doesn’t matter. This article will expand on the potential connection between Spotify and GoXLR as well as how to use Spotify Music on GoXLR in an advanced method.
Part 1. What You Should Know About Spotify and GoXLR
If you work in the broadcast or audio field, you’ve probably heard of the GoXLR, a TC Helicon product dedicated to audio broadcasting in areas such as streaming, mixing and gaming. GoXLR gives you unprecedented control over your audio, plus with many sound effects and mixing options, you’re able to edit sounds and mix audio in real time without a dedicated computer.
Although it originated in radio, with the rise of social media and streaming services, the GoXLR mixer has become a particularly popular streaming tool among music lovers. Meanwhile, Spotify is bound to be the streaming music platform that music lovers can’t miss. Music creators will no doubt want to take advantage of this amazing audio interface GoXLR to connect to Spotify Music.
Nevertheless, this is where the problem arises. Since GoXLR only supports MP3 and WAV audio files, Spotify files are protected Ogg Vorbis format, which is not only incompatible with GoXLR. What's worse, Spotify Music can only be played on Spotify-licensed devices and players. This makes it difficult for you to hook up Spotify to GoXLR immediately.
Part 2. How to Connect Spotify to GoXLR - Tool You Need
First of all, you need to be clear about what it really means that Spotify Music is not available in GoXLR. As stated above, you can listen to your favorite Spotify Music offline in your Spotify Music library. But that doesn’t mean you can use and edit those songs in other apps, or transfer Spotify playlists to unauthorized players and devices for offline playback. As of now, the GoXLR mixer does not integrate with Spotify Music. And these are the reasons why GoXLR and Spotify can’t fit together.
Fortunately, here is a music conversion tool called AudFree Spotify Music Converter tailored for Spotify Music, which is just the right solution to your immediate dilemma. This smart tool supports downloading and converting Spotify Music to MP3, WAV audio tracks that happen to match the formats supported by GoXLR. In this way, you can simply and freely download Spotify Music as local music files without paying extra subscription fees.
In addition, using top-notch conversion technology, this smart software makes every converted Spotify track maintain 100% lossless quality and full metadata, including title, album, artist, etc. These ID3 tags can be a great convenience for organizing your music library and help you find the Spotify Music you need quickly when using GoXLR. This comprehensive third-party tool is amazing, isn’t it?
How to Convert Spotify Music for GoXLR
- Step 1Stream Spotify Music to AudFree SpoDable
- First launch AudFree SpoDable on your Windows or Mac computer. Then you can import Spotify Music to AudFree SpoDable in two ways, whether you are AudFree free user or Premium user. The most common method is to drag and drop Spotify Music into AudFree SpoDable’s conversion window. The other way is to copy the URL of the track, paste the link into AudFree SpoDable’s search box, then press the Add tab next to it.
- Step 2Reset Spotify Music Output Format for GoXLR
- In order to define the output format, click on the menu bar in the upper right corner of the window, then click on Preferences to open a new window in which you can choose MP3 or WAV that is compatible with GoXLR as output format. In this step, you can also customize other output parameters of Spotify Music, such as bitrate, sample rate, audio channels, etc.
- Step 3Download and Convert Spotify Music for GoXLR
- After all the settings above are set up as you want, now you can start converting protected Spotify Music. Please click the Convert button at the bottom right corner of the window to start the conversion process. After the conversion is finished, these converted Spotify Music files will appear in the local folder of your computer. After that, you have the ability to easily set GoXLR to Spotify and freely listen to Spotify Music offline without Premium on multiple device and player as well.
Part 3. How to Use Spotify on GoXLR
Now you have downloaded Spotify Music to your local computer. You can then set up GoXLR for Spotify, thus apply these unprotected local Spotify files on your GoXLR in the following way.
Step 1. Go to the GoXLR application and select the Sampler tab. Next select the library where you want to place the sample, either A, B or C. Then select the button where you’d like the sample to be applied to.
Step 2. You can then go to the Samples box and remember to select the Add icon. The File Explorer window of your local computer will open and you can easily find your previously saved Spotify Music files.
Step 3. Select the Spotify Music file and the sample will be automatically applied to the sampler button. If you want to shorten the sample, you can click on the waveform section to trim it. In this way you have successfully sampled Spotify Music to GoXLR. You can then set Spotify to the music tab by using the Routing board. In turn, you are capable of using Spotify Music on GoXLR in an easy and convenient manner.
Part 4. In Conclusion
In general, it’s time to start creating content with your GoXLR! What are you waiting for? With AudFree Spotify Music Converter as a handy helper, go ahead and enjoy using Spotify Music on your GoXLR as well as making the most of your creative talents.