Traktor Spotify integration is the most desirable feature for Spotify and Traktor users. Most of them are hoping that this feature will be available soon. But as time goes on, there is still no positive official answer to connect Spotify to Traktor, no matter for Traktor Pro 3 or DJ 2.
Doing nothing and just waiting for the official notification is still not an option. So, this article has taken the initiative to find a solution to use Spotify with Traktor. how to achieve it? Let's get started with the details.
Part 1. Does Spotify Work with Traktor Software
Traktor is DJ software developed by Native Instruments and first released in 2000. It is known for Traktor Pro 2 and Traktor Pro 3. Does Traktor work with Spotify? So far, Traktor has no integration with Spotify. How about adding downloaded Spotify music files to Traktor DJ?
Unfortunately, it is difficult to do so. As Spotify downloads are cached files, not local files. You can't even find them on your device, let alone add Spotify songs to Traktor Pro. Also, due to compatibility issues, Spotify tracks encoded in the special OGG Vorbis format are not supported by Traktor DJ. You can refer to the format cross-reference table below.
|Spotify Music Format||DRM-protected|
|Traktor Supported Audio Formats||MP3, WAV, AIFF, Audio CD, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, AAC|
Part 2. How to Make Traktor Spotify Integration - Best Tool
As mentioned above, format incompatibility is the main factor that prevents you from using Traktor with Spotify. In this case, it is necessary to convert Spotify songs to Traktor recognizable MP3 or native normal audio files in advance. To achieve this process, you can't do without the assistance of AudFree Spotify Music Converter, a top-ranked Spotify conversion tool.
It can download and convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B with lossless quality. All ID3 tags and metadata information are well preserved for integrating Spotify into Traktor for DJing. No need to upgrade to Spotify premium, you can get countless music and playlists offline and get Spotify collection on Traktor Pro 3 or DJ 2.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter
- Download Spotify music, playlists offline for Traktor for free
- Convert Spotify to MP3 and other Traktor-supported formats
- Use Spotify with Traktor DJ 2, Traktor Pro 3, Traktor Studio, etc.
- All ID3 tags can be kept well while working at 5X faster speed
How to Download Spotify to Traktor DJ Supported Files
Please download AudFree Spotify Music Downloader on the computer where Traktor is installed. Besides, install the Spotify app on your PC as well. Once the preparation is complete, please refer to the following tutorial to download music from Spotify to Traktor DJ compatible files.
- Step 1Add Spotify music to AudFree SpoDable
- It offers two ways to add Spotify playlists. You can drag and drop the music you want DJ in Traktor from the Spotify app to the main interface of the AudFree software. Or click "Share" > "Copy Track Link", then paste the link into the search box and press the "Add" button to upload.
- Step 2Set Spotify output format for Traktor Pro 3/DJ 2
- You need to adjust Spotify output format as Traktor compatible one. Please click the 'Menu' bar and hit 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option to open the setting window. In the same interface, you can also customize other audio parameters of Spotify files, like bit rate, sample rate.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music to Traktor supported tracks
- Tap the 'Convert' tab at the bottom-right corner of the main interface, it will work at 5X faster conversion speed to download Spotify playlists as Traktor-supported audio files. Just wait for a while, and you can locate all Spotify downloads by touching the 'Converted' icon. Then you can DJ Spotify on Traktor offline with ease.
Part 3. How to Connect Spotify to Traktor Pro 3/DJ 2
To link Spotify to Traktor, you can straightway import converted Spotify songs to Traktor Por 3 and Traktor DJ software. Here is a detailed tutorial on how to sync Spotify with Traktor software for editing.
Step 1. Launch Traktor DJ 2 or Pro 3 on your computer.
Step 2. Click on the "File" > "Preferences" option in the top menu bar.
Step 3. Hit on "File Management" on the left, it will pop up a new window.
Step 4. In the newly opened window, please choose "Music Folder" > "Add" button.
Step 5. Now, you can start looking for the music folder including the converted Spotify music files. Click the "Track Connection" > "Import Music Folder" section to select it to connect Tracktor to Spotify.
Step 6. It just takes a few minutes to transfer Spotify songs to Traktor DJ. Once this process is complete, it couldn't be easier to use Spotify in Traktor DJ for mixing.
Part 4. FAQs about Traktor and Spotify
Q1: Do Any DJ Programs Work with Spotify?
A: In 2022, Spotify ended its partnership with most third-party DJ apps, but there are still 2 DJ apps that work with Spotify, namely Mixonset and Pacemaker.
Q2: What Streaming Service Works with Traktor?
A: Streaming services supported by Traktor Pro 3 and Traktor DJ 2 are Beatport Streaming and SoundCloud Go+.
Q3: Is It Legal to DJ with Spotify in Traktor?
A: You won't violate the law while using Spotify on Traktor. But it's important to note that this behavior is a violation of Spotify's Terms of Service. Therefore, please don't share Spotify mixes produced by Traktor DJ with others.
Part 5. Bottom Line
Since the official Spotify Traktor integration won't appear soon, you can refer to the solution mentioned in this article to use Spotify with Traktor Pro 3 and DJ 2. Just make good use of AudFree Spotify Music Converter to convert Spotify to common formats like MP3. Then it is an easy task to connect Traktor and Spotify to make your DJ dreams come true.