Famous for the high-quality listening experience and high-resolution audio compatibility, Sony Walkman is a series of MP3 player models charging for $199.99 to $3,199.99. It supports for a wide variety of audio formats, including Apple Lossless (ALAC), FLAC, MP3, M4A, WAV, etc. Coming with a large built-in memory and up to 45 hours of battery life, Sony Walkman is the worthy recommended MP3 player to enjoy ultimate music entertainment with long-time playback.
If you are a Spotify music addict, you should pay attention that Walkman MP3 player doesn’t have the Internet connection ability to support Spotify music streaming service. You might fix out the solution that you can download Spotify playlist offline and transfer them to Sony Walkman for playback. However, when you sync Spotify music to Sony Walkman, you will meet some obstacles because of DRM protection and different formats. To solve this problem, we will introduce a professional Spotify Music Converter to help you download music from Spotify to Sony Walkman effortlessly.
Part 1. Spotify Music Can't Be Transferred to Sony Walkman Directly
Before we talking about syncing music from Spotify to Walkman MP3 player, we need to download Spotify songs, playlists or albums to our computer drive. However, you will discover that Spotify never provides an option or way to download Spotify tracks for offline listening with a free Spotify membership, unless you have updated your account to Spotify Premium plan.
What's worse, even if you are using a premium account on Spotify, the downloaded Spotify files are encoded in Ogg Vorbis format with built-in DRM copyright technology. Obviously, this special Ogg format is not included in the line of Sony Walkman supported mainstream audio formats. As a result, free and premium Spotify subscribers need to discover an excellent Spotify Music Downloader and Converter that can download and convert Spotify playlist to Walkman compatible formats, like MP3 while taking away the DRM protection.
Part 2. Spotify Music Converter – Download and Convert Spotify to MP3 for Walkman
Here, we can meet AudFree Spotify Music Converter, one of the full-featured Spotify music converting tools. It is specially designed to download songs, playlists and albums from Spotify to local drive for both premium and free Spotify users and convert DRM-protected Spotify songs to Sony Walkman supported audio formats, like MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, etc.
To make Spotify users enjoy high-quality music on Sony Walkman, AudFree Music Downloader for Spotify can preserve 100% lossless audio quality and ID3 tags in converted Spotify playlists, including the year, title, artwork cover, artist, album, etc. Besides, it also allows you to customize output audio quality, like bit rate, sample rate, and channel and organize output music library by artist or album.
Steps to Remove DRM Lock and Download Spotify Playlist Offline
Now, we can start to use this mighty and smart Spotify Music Converter to download and convert Spotify music to MP3 so that we can transfer Spotify songs to Sony Walkman.
- Step 1Drag Spotify tracks to AudFree
- There are two options to add Spotify playlists to AudFree software. You can choose to drag and drop any song or playlist from Spotify app to the conversion windows of AudFree. Or you can copy and paste the link including Spotify tracks to the search box of AudFree and press the '+' button to confirm.
- Step 2Set output format and other audio parameters
- Since Sony Walkman is compatible with MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A and other common audio formats, you can go to the top menu bar of AudFree and choose the 'Preference' option to open the format window, in which you can choose one of the Walkman supported format as the output format. Besides, you can set the other output audio preferences, like bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Start to convert Spotify songs to DRM-free formats
- To start the converting process, you just need to simply touch the 'Convert' tab at the botton-right corner of the main interface. And then AudFree will start to convert Spotify songs to DRM-free audio formats for Sony Walkman. In general, this smart Spotify downloader can work at up to 5X faster speed.
Part 3. How to Sync Spotify Music to Walkman from Computer Drive
Now, all uploaded Spotify songs and playlists are saved in the history folder. You can locate unprotected Spotify MP3 files and refer to the following instruction to transfer them to Walkman MP3 player for offline listening.
Step 1. Please connect the Sony Walkman MP3 player to your computer via the USB cable.
Step 2. Once connected successfully, you can see the folder of Walkman in the 'Devices with Removable Storage' panel. Double click the 'Walkman' icon to open the 'Storage Media' folder.
Step 3. You can enter to the local folder that includes downloaded and converted Spotify songs, copy favorite Spotify music from the computer and paste them to Sony Walkman directly.
Congratulations! You can start to play Spotify songs, playlists or album on your Sony Walkman for offline listening without problem. Plus, you can also transfer Spotify downloads to any other MP3 player for playback, like iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle, Creative Zen, Samsung Gera S3, etc.