Q: "How to transfer songs from Spotify to iTunes? I see the option in Spotify to import playlists from iTunes. But how about the opposite way? Can anybody tell me the solution? Thanks."
You may encounter the same problem many times in different situations. For example, you are trying to switch subscription from Spotify to iTunes. Or you want to burn Spotify music to a CD via iTunes. But what a pity that currently there's no official support yet. In other words, the realization of Spotify playlist to iTunes requires the true empowerment of a third-party Spotify to iTunes converter.
In this article, we are going to introduce several such tools, with which you are able to transfer Spotify music to iTunes on different devices.
- Part 1. Why Can't Import Spotify Playlist to iTunes Directly
- Part 2. Best Spotify to iTunes Converter - AudFree
- Part 3. Transfer Spotify Music to iTunes on PC - How to
- Part 4. Export Spotify Playlist to iTunes Online - Soundiiz
- Part 5. Move Music from Spotify to iTunes on Mobiles - FreeYourMusic
- Part 6. Conclusion
Part 1. Why Can't Transfer Spotify Playlist to iTunes Directly
You may still wonder why there's no direct way to download Spotify playlist to iTunes account. Let's give a complete explanation.
To avoid unauthorized sharing, Spotify encodes all the streaming tracks with protected Ogg Vorbis format, which allows neither subscriber nor non-subscriber users to export Spotify songs to use on any other music service. Even the Spotify premium subscribers who pay $9.99 monthly fees to enjoy the right to download Spotify tracks for offline listening are still forbidden to import Spotify playlist to iTunes, as Spotify doesn't generate the downloads as local files.
Part 2. Spotify to iTunes Converter - AudFree Spotify Music Converter
Speaking of the best tool to do Spotify to iTunes conversion, we highly recommend AudFree Spotify Music Converter. As a dedicated Spotify music tool, it's well designed for both Spotify free and premium users. It can download Spotify songs with lossless music quality retained at 5X quicker speed.
It's able to convert the Spotify songs from OGG Vorbis to iTunes supported files, like M4A. Also, it can download Spotify to other common files, including MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, and M4B. Besides, it can keep and fix the original ID3 tags and metadata including track number, title, cover, album, artist.
Thanks to this smart Spotify to iTunes converter, you can easily download songs from Spotify to computer and then transfer to iTunes. Again, you don't need to update to Spotify subscription to do that.
Part 3. How to Download Music from Spotify to iTunes with AudFree
Now the following guide will show you how AudFree Spotify to iTunes converter works. Here, we will take the Windows version as an example. You can learn how to transfer music from Spotify to iTunes on Windows step by step. Before getting started, make sure you've already installed the free trial version of this smart tool.
- Step 1Drag Spotify songs to AudFree
- First of all, open AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your Windows computer. Then it will launch the Spotify app automatically. Once loaded, go to your Spotify account and browse the store to find out the songs you need to download to iTunes. Drag the songs to AudFree main window and it will detect the songs intelligently. Or you can copy and paste the music URL to the search box of AudFree. Click the '+' icon to load the tracks or playlists.
- Step 2Choose Spotify output format for iTunes
- Once the songs are imported to AudFree, simply click the menu bar > 'Preferences' > 'Convert'. You can start to select the output format for iTunes and set other preferences. You can change the audio bit rate, channel, sample rate, and more. If you want to convert the music in stable mode, you are suggested to set the conversion speed at 1X. Since you need to transfer Spotify to iTunes, you need to choose the MP3 or M4A as output format here. Then move on to the next step.
- Step 3Locally download Spotify for iTunes
- Now click the 'Convert' button to let the program downloading Spotify songs for iTunes. After the conversion, click the 'history' icon to locate the unprotected Spotify songs. And then, you can get ready to transfer the converted Spotify songs to iTunes library.
- Step 4Transfer Spotify music to iTunes
Method 1: Drag the Spotify music file or folder from the desktop to the iTunes window. Wait until they are completely imported.
Method 2: Open iTunes, click menu bar > 'Files' > 'Add to Library'. Then browse your computer to locate the specific file or folder, and click Open.
You May Also Like:
Part 4. How to Transfer Spotify Playlist to iTunes via Soundiiz
Soundiiz, as a web-based playlist converter for various music streaming platforms, could be certainly used as another method to convert Spotify playlist to iTunes. Using it, there is no need for you to install an additional app. You just go to its official website and then do as follows.
By the way, the free Soundiiz account is sufficient to you to transfer musicf from Spotify to iTunes. Although limitation, it doesn't make a difference. In the event that you want to enjoy its full features, the Premium account is a must.
Step 1: Visit www.soundiiz.com and log into your account. After that, click "Start now" to get ready;
Step 2: From the left menu bar, go to "Transfer" > "Playlists" > select "Spotify" as source platform;
Step 3: Check the Spotify that you want to transfer to iTunes and then touch "Confirma and continue";
Step 4: Next, depending on your needs, configure the selected Spotify playlist by renaming title, presenting description, etc. Once done, hit on "Save configuration";
Step 5: In the following interface, freely choose your favorite Spotify tracks from the playlist to transfer;
Step 6: Now, set "Apple Music" as a destination platform. After a successful login to your Apple Music, Soundiiz will start convert Spotify music to Apple Music;
Step 7: Whereafter, use the "iTunes Match" feature built in Apple Music to sync the Spotify playlist to iTunes library.
Note: With Soundiiz free account, you have the right to select a Spotify playlist to transfer at a time. Transferring albums, artists, and tracks requires premium account.
Part 5. How to Transfer Songs from Spotify to iTunes via FreeYourMusic
FreeYourMusic is an open-source and cross-platform application, dedicating its power to transfer playlists, songs, albums between plenty of music platforms on mobiles and desktop. Like Soundiiz, it provides free and premium services. The free trial version allows you to migrate up to 100 songs. To transfer Spotify songs with any limits, you need to pay $9.89 to subscribe to its premium plan. Operating it to convert Spotify music to iTunes on mobiles requires the following steps.
Step 1: Download and install FreeYourMusic app on your mobile devices;
Step 2: After opening it, choose Spotify as a source and sign into your Spotify account as instructed;
Step 3: Then, you are required to define Apple Music as a destination;
Step 4: Check your desired Spotify playlists or songs to transfer to Apple Music;
Step 5: When transferring gets done, use the inbuilt "iTunes Match" option to move Spotify songs to iTunes library.
With any Spotify to iTunes converter described above, you will have no trouble in cracking how to transfer songs from Spotify to iTunes. Just choose the right one based on the actual situation. After that, you can start enjoying Spotify music on iTunes. If you have any other questions about this, please leave them in the comment area. We will try our best to help you out.