Q: Can I download music from Spotify to a USB flash drive for free? - I would like to play Spotify from in-car USB while long-distance driving. To my disappointment, there is no such built-in feature in the Spotify app. I want to know there is any solution to transfer music from Spotify to USB?
Spotify allows free users to listen to Spotify songs, playlists, or albums on devices with network connection only. Obviously, it's no official way to download Spotify to USB for free. What's more, even if you can download Spotify music with a Spotify Premium subscription, you are unable to copy Spotify playlists to USB. Because Spotify songs are protected Ogg Vorbis files.
But don't worry, every problem comes with a possible answer. You can draw support from a free Spotify to USB converter, which can help you download music to USB for cars. Read this article to get the best tool and see how to use it to get Spotify to work in a car with the only USB.
Part 1. Free Spotify to USB Converter to Download Spotify Music
It's well-known that Spotify songs are encoded in special OGG Vorbis format. As a result, not all popular devices are compatible with them directly, like MP3 players, Apple Watch, Sony Walkman, and more. So does USB flash drive. To transfer Spotify playlists to USB, it's necessary to do format conversion.
Here, we can meet AudFree Spotify to USB Converter, one of the most professional Spotify music converter. It is specialized in unlocking the limitations of Spotify songs and playlists. As the name suggests, it can convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, and M4B with lossless ID3 tags retained. It works for both Spotify free and premium users to download music to USB from Spotify at 5X faster speed. With this smart Spotify to USB converter, you can easily transfer songs from Spotify to USB. After that, you can play Spotify in the car or other devices that support the USB port, like DVD players, smart TVs, etc.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Music to USB for Free
AudFree Spotify to USB Converter offers the opportunity to download Spotify songs for free by doing a few clicks. With the free Spotify account and this tool, you can quickly put a Spotify playlist on a USB. Let's see the step-by-step tutorial below.
- Step 1Import Spotify music or playlist to AudFree software
- Please launch the Spotify converter from your computer desktop. And then you will see that the Spotify app will be opened automatically. Now, you can find out favorite Spotify playlist in the launched Spotify app. To import them to AudFree Spotify converting tool, please do dragging&dropping or copying&pasting action.
- Step 2Personalize output format and other audio parameters for USB
- MP3 format is set as the output format of this Spotify to USB converter by default. But it can also support other common audio formats as output format, like FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. You can click the 'audio' icon to set the target output format as you like. In this new window, you are also free to change other audio settings, like sample rate, bit rate, channel, etc.
- Step 3Download Spotify playlist for USB without Premium
- When all settings are ready, you can start to launch the converting process by touching the 'Convert' button. It will convert Spotify to unprotected audio files that can be recognized by USB sticks. Generally speaking, it works at 5X faster speed while doing the conversion.
- Step 4Transfer Spotify music downloads to USB Stick
- You can locate unprotected Spotify playlists on the destination folder. All converted Spotify tracks are compatible with a USB flash drive now. Let's start to copy downloaded Spotify songs to USB.
- 1. Connect the USB drive to your computer via USB port.
- 2. Navigate Spotify music downloads and transfer them to inserted USB folder via copying&pasting action.
- 3. Wait for the ending of the copying process. It depends on how many Spotify files that you'd like to transfer.
- You can also insert the USB stick to your computer in advance, and set the destination folder as USB. By doing this, AudFree Spotify Music Converter can save Spotify songs to USB directly. To play Spotify in the car via the USB, you can plug into your USB to the USB port of your car. Launch the built-in media player to play Spotify songs offline for free.
Part 3. Sum Up
From the detailed guide that we listed above, you can get the powerful Spotify to USB converter. It can transfer Spotify music, playlists, or albums to a USB drive with ease for free. Just download and install the trial version of the AudFree Spotify converter on your computer to test it. You can easily download Spotify music to USB by yourself and play them on all devices that have a USB port.