Q: Can I download music from Spotify to USB for free directly? - I would like to play Spotify through USB in car while long-distance driving, but to my disappointment, there is no such built-in feature in the Spotify app. I want to know if there is any solution to transfer songs from Spotify to USB for easy listening?
Downloading Spotify songs and playlists to USB is a great choice to get Spotify music playback on more devices offline. Besides, with the small size of the USB, it's a good choice for data backup and storage. Sometimes, it could be a bridge to sync Spotify music files. Without further ado, today, we will introduce the best workaround to download Spotify music to USB free with ease and the solutions to fix Spotify won't play through USB. So let's dive right into it.
Part 1. Why Can't You Download Spotify Playlist to USB Directly
As you may know, Spotify free users are only allowed to listen to Spotify songs, playlists or albums with network connection, as the available download options doesn't belong to the feature of the free tier. That's to say, it's no official way to download Spotify to USB free.
In fact, even if you can download music from Spotify with a Premium subscription, you are unable to put music from Spotify on a USB flash drive due to the fact that Spotify songs are protected by the special OGG Vorbis format. In this case, all Spotify downloaded files are restricted to use in the official Spotify app.
What's more, compatible audio formats via USB connection are MP3, WMA, AAC, M4A, and M4B, while Spotify's unique audio format is not compatible with USB flash sticks. In other words, it is impossible to download Spotify playlist to USB stick directly unless you seek the help of a free Spotify to USB converter, which can help you download Spotify songs to USB-supported format for cars and other USB-enabled devices.
Part 2. Best Tool to Download Spotify Music to USB Free
As we mentioned above, Spotify songs are encoded in a special OGG Vorbis format, which can be recognized by many popular devices, like MP3 players, Apple Watch, Sony Walkman, etc., and USB flash sticks are no exception. So, to download from Spotify to USB, it is necessary to do Spotify Music format conversion.
Here, we can meet AudFree Spotify to USB Converter, one of the most professional Spotify music converters, which is specialized in unlocking the limitations of Spotify songs and playlists. As the name suggests, it can convert Spotify to MP3, AAC, M4A, and other USB-compatible audio formats with lossless ID3 tags retained.
It is worth mentioning that it works for both Spotify free and Premium users to download Spotify music to USB at 5X faster speed without any problem. After that, you’re able to play Spotify in the car or other devices that support the USB port without any limitation, such as DVD player, smart TV, etc.
Part 3. How to Download and Put Songs from Spotify to USB Free
AudFree Spotify to USB Converter offers the opportunity to download Spotify songs for free and quickly put music from Spotify on a USB by just doing a few clicks. Let's take a look at the step-by-step tutorial below.
- Step 1Import Spotify Songs to AudFree SpoDable
- Please launch the AudFree SpoDable from your computer desktop, and then you will see that the Spotify app will be opened automatically. Now, you can find out your favorite Spotify playlist in the launched Spotify app. To import them to AudFree Spotify Music Converter, you can drag and drop them to the conversion window on the home page.
- Step 2Personalize Spotify Output Format for USB
- You can open the settings window by clicking the Menu icon and selecting Preferences > Convert Options. You have the freedom to set the target Spotify output format that can be compatible with USB flash sticks. In general, MP3 format is set as the output format of this Spotify to USB converter by default. In this new window, you can also change other audio settings such as sample rate, bit rate, channels, etc. for playing Spotify through USB better.
- Step 3Download Spotify Music to USB Free
- When all settings are ready, you can start to launch the converting process by touching the 'Convert' button. It will convert Spotify to unprotected audio files that can be recognized by USB sticks. Generally speaking, it works at 5X faster speed while doing the conversion.
- Step 4Save Spotify Playlist to USB
- You can locate unprotected Spotify playlists on the destination folder. All converted Spotify songs can be copied into a USB flash drive now without hassle. Let's get started .
- Note: You can also insert the USB stick to your computer in advance, and set the destination folder as USB. By doing this, AudFree Spotify Music Converter can download music to USB from Spotify directly.
1. Connect the USB drive to your computer via USB port.
2. Navigate to the local Spotify music downloads and transfer songs from Spotify to the inserted USB folder by copying and pasting.
3. Wait for the ending of the copying process. It depends on how many Spotify files that you'd like to transfer.
Part 4. How to Play Spotify through USB in Car
Now that you've downloaded Spotify Music to USB free, it's time to play Spotify in the car via USB. You can plug your USB stick into your car's USB port, but the premise is that your car has a USB port. Follow the complete tutorial below to play Spotify through USB in car.
How to Play Spotify in Car USB
Step 1. Insert your USB drive with Spotify music downloads into the car's USB port.
Step 2. Select the USB folder on the car's main interface, browse and find your favorite Spotify songs you want to play in the car.
Step 3. Click it and the built-in media player will be launched to play Spotify in car USB one after another.
Part 5. Spotify Won't Play through USB - How to Fix
Sometimes you may encounter the problem that the downloaded Spotify playlists in USB still doesn't play properly on the device you want. Don't worry, the following solution can solve your confusion.
1. Make sure your device is connected to the USB smoothly.
2. Check that your USB drive contains the downloaded Spotify songs and that the Spotify music is intact.
3. Please confirm that the Spotify music files on your USB are compatible with the connected device.
4. Test the media player on the device to see if it works properly.
5. If none of the above solutions work, you can try plugging the USB into another USB port or getting a new USB drive to save Spotify music.
Part 6. Sum Up
From the detailed guide listed above, you can get a powerful AudFree Spotify to USB Converter to download Spotify music to USB free without effort, in turn, it’s able to play Spotify through USB in car or any other preferred device as you like. If you have met some troubles of Spotify won't play through USB, it's also able to refer to the above troubeshooting to fix them well. Just take action to make Spotify USB a reality and start a free journey with Spotify music.