Q: Q: How do I download music directly to a USB flash drive from Spotify for free? - I would like to play Spotify through my USB in my car while long-distance driving. To my disappointment, there is no such built-in feature in the Spotify app. I want to know there is any solution to transfer music from Spotify to USB?
USB flash drive has many advantages, such as portability, big storage capacity, high compatibility, easy accessibility, cheap price, data security, and more. In this case, downloading Spotify songs to USB is a great choice to get Spotify music playback on more devices offline. Without further ado, let's dive right into downloading Spotify music to USB free with ease.
Part 1. Why Can't You Download Spotify Playlists to USB Directly
Spotify allows free users to listen to Spotify songs, playlists, or albums on devices with network connection only. The available Download option doesn't belong to the feature of the free tier. That's to say, it's no official way to download Spotify to USB free.
In fact, even if you can download music from Spotify with a Premium subscription, you are unable to copy Spotify playlists to USB. Because Spotify songs are protected by the special Ogg Vorbis format. All Spotify downloaded files can't be pulled out from its own app.
What's more, Spotify's unique audio format is not compatible with USB flash drives. The compatible audio formats via USB connection are MP3, WMA, AAC, M4A, and M4B. In other words, you will need to draw support from a free Spotify to USB converter, which can help you download Spotify playlists to USB-supported audio formats for cars and other USB-enabled devices.
Part 2. Spotify to USB Converter to Download Spotify Music for USB
As we mentioned above, Spotify songs are encoded in special OGG Vorbis format. Not any popular devices are compatible with them directly, like MP3 players, Apple Watch, Sony Walkman, and more. So does USB flash drive. To transfer music from Spotify to USB, it's necessary to do Spotify music format conversion.
Here, we can meet AudFree Spotify to USB Converter, one of the most professional Spotify music converter. It is specialized in unlocking the limitations of Spotify songs and playlists. As the name suggests, it can convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, and M4B with lossless ID3 tags retained.
It works for both Spotify free and premium users to download music from Spotify to USB at 5X faster speed. With this smart Spotify to USB converter, you can easily save Spotify songs to USB. After that, you can play Spotify in the car or other devices that support the USB port, like DVD players, smart TVs, etc.
Part 3. How to Download Spotify Songs to USB for Free
AudFree Spotify to USB Converter offers the opportunity to download Spotify songs for free by doing a few clicks. With the free Spotify account and this tool, you can quickly put a Spotify playlist on a USB. Let's see the step-by-step tutorial below.
- Step 1Import Spotify songs or playlists to AudFree software
- Please launch the Spotify converter from your computer desktop. And then you will see that the Spotify app will be opened automatically. Now, you can find out favorite Spotify playlist in the launched Spotify app. To import them to AudFree Spotify converting tool, please do dragging&dropping or copying&pasting action.
- Step 2Personalize output format and other audio parameters for USB
- MP3 format is set as the output format of this Spotify to USB converter by default. But it can also support other common audio formats as output format, like FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. You can click the 'audio' icon to set the target output format that can be compatible with USB flash drives. In this new window, you are also free to change other audio settings, like sample rate, bit rate, channel, etc.
- Step 3Download Spotify songs to USB without Premium
- When all settings are ready, you can start to launch the converting process by touching the 'Convert' button. It will convert Spotify to unprotected audio files that can be recognized by USB sticks. Generally speaking, it works at 5X faster speed while doing the conversion.
- Step 4Transfer Spotify music to USB Stick
- You can locate unprotected Spotify playlists on the destination folder. All converted Spotify songs are compatible with a USB flash drive now. Let's start to save downloaded Spotify songs to USB.
- 1. Connect the USB drive to your computer via USB port.
- 2. Navigate Spotify music downloads and transfer them to inserted USB folder via copying&pasting action.
- 3. Wait for the ending of the copying process. It depends on how many Spotify files that you'd like to transfer.
- Note: You can also insert the USB stick to your computer in advance, and set the destination folder as USB. By doing this, AudFree Spotify Music Converter can download music to USB directly from Spotify.
Part 4. How to Play Spotify through USB in the Car
To play Spotify in the car via the USB, you can plug into your USB to the USB port of your car. But the premise is that your car has a USB port. The following is the complete tutorial.
Step 1. Insert your USB flash drive with Spotify music downloads into the car's USB port.
Step 2. Choose the USB folder on the car main interface, and browse and find your favorite Spotify music to play through USB in the car.
Step 3. Click it and the built-in media player will be launched to play Spotify music from from your USB in the car one by one.
Part 5. Sum Up
From the detailed guide that we listed above, you can get the powerful Spotify to USB converter. It can download Spotify music, playlists, or albums to a USB drive without effort for free. Just download and install the trial version of the AudFree Spotify converter on your computer to test it. You can easily download Spotify songs to USB by yourself and play them on all devices that have a USB port.