Q: Can I use a different Apple ID for Apple Music playback? I have recently switched to a new Apple device and would like to transfer music between these two different Apple accounts. But I unfortunately find it difficult to transfer music from one Apple ID to another. Any suggestions?
No need to worry, in the following guide, we will share effective ways to transfer Apple Music to new Apple ID as well as move music from one iTunes account to another on computer. Follow the tutorials below to access the original Apple songs on the new Apple ID now.
Part 1. How to Switch Apple ID on Apple Music
In general, an Apple ID is able to connect to everything in the Apple ecosystem, such as Apple Music, podcast subscriptions and everything stored and backed up in iCloud. Here are the steps on how to switch your Apple ID on iPhone.
Step 1. Navigate to the "Settings > Apple ID > Logout" option to log out of your current Apple ID. Then fill in the password associated with your Apple ID and tap the "Close" button.
Step 2. To retain your data, you can open the options for "Contacts" and "Safari". Afterwards, tap the "Sign out" button and the "Copy iCloud data" section.
Step 3. Go to the "Settings > Sign in to your iPhone" option and select "Email" to fill in the email address and password for your new Apple ID.
Step 4. Click on the "Merge" button to merge the data on your iPhone with your new iCloud account. You can also tap to "Do not merge" to refuse to do so.
Part 2. How to Transfer Music from One Apple ID to Another
If you have purchased some songs with your original Apple ID, you can transfer them to another Apple ID for backup or other purposes. To do this, please refer to the following steps.
Step 1. Run the iTunes Store application and tap "Sign in" to select "Use Existing Apple ID".
Step 2. Fill in your original Apple ID account and password, then tap the "OK" button to sign in to the iTunes Store.
Step 3. Hit on the Purchased and More section and then select the option "Music > Not on this iPhone". Tap on the iCloud icon and download the music files purchased on iTunes to your device.
Step 4. Now, refer to the first part to log out of your current Apple ID on your phone and sign in to your new Apple ID.
Step 5. Remember, you will need to click the "Merge" button at the end to transfer Apple Music subscription to another Apple ID .
Part 3. How to Get Music from One iTunes Account to Another
As far as transferring music from one iTunes account to another on your computer, the following steps are beneficial to achieve this. Please note that this method does not transfer non-purchased music and there may be duplicate music after the transfer.
Step 1. Open the iTunes app and go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced to view the location of your iTunes media folder.
Step 2. Then click on File > Library > Organize Library > Consolidate Files > OK to merge your iTunes library so that everything is stored in the iTunes media folder.
Step 3. Copy the iTunes media folder to an external hard drive or USB flash drive and plug it into a new computer.
Step 4. Now you can copy and paste iTunes media folder to another computer in order to transfer iTunes library smoothly.
Part 4. How to Transfer Apple Music to New Apple ID Freely
As you may have noticed, the above methods are not perfect and only transfer purchased content from the iTunes store. In order to transfer Apple Music more freely, the AudFree Apple Music Downloader has been developed. It is designed to convert Apple Music, iTunes M4P songs and Audible audiobooks. With it, you have the ability to download unprotected Apple Music to your computer locally in 100% lossless sound quality.
Moreover, it allows you to convert Apple Music to MP3, FLAC, AAC and other popular audio formats. In this instance, there are no format restrictions to worry about and you can sync Apple Music to any device for offline playback. In addition to the original sound quality, it will retain all the ID3 tags of your Apple songs, including album art, titles, covers and more. This way, it is easy to transfer downloaded Apple Music to other Apple IDs for free use.
How to Transfer Apple Music to New Apple ID
- Step 1Import Apple Music into AudFree Auditior
- There are two ways to add Apple songs. One is to drag and drop Apple Music songs onto the main screen of this downloader. The other is to add favorite Apple Music by clicking on the first 'Add' button at the bottom left. Please note that the second Add button is for importing regular audio files.
- Step 2Configure the Output Parameters for Apple Music
- Click on the 'Format' icon in the bottom right hand corner to launch the format window. At this point, please select the output formats for Apple Music such as MP3, WAV, FLAC and AAC. Then you will be able to change other output parameters for Apple tracks such as channels, bit rate etc.
- Step 3Download and Convert Unprotected Apple Music Locally
- Tap the large "Convert" button in the bottom right corner to start downloading and converting Apple Music songs. This tool will work for you at 30X faster speed. When finished, you can view all your Apple Music downloads in the output folder or simply hit on the "Converted" icon.
- Step 4Transfer Apple Music to New Apple ID
- Now, you can transfer these converted Apple Music songs to your iTunes library whether you have a new Apple ID or not. And you are also allowed to listen to Apple Music offline on other devices or MP3 players anytime, anywhere.
Part 5. In Conclusion
This article describes the best ways to transfer Apple Music to new Apple ID with freedom. For your convenience, it is recommended that you make good use of AudFree Apple Music Downloader to back up unprotected Apple Music to the computer locally forever. This way, even if you switch to a new Apple device, you don't need to worry about losing your Apple music songs.