Apple Music, one of the giants in the music streaming world, has a large music library with over 75 million songs to help users find favorite tunes easily. Moreover, Apple Music is already available on many devices, like Android, iOS, Mac and PC.
As is known to many, it is able to convert iTunes music to MP3 directly using the iTunes app. So is it possible to apply the same method to convert Apple Music to MP3 with iTunes? Since the best way for Apple Music playback could be converting Apple Music to MP3, which can make Apple Music more compatible and play more freely.
Unfortunately, the answer may disappoint you. Because Apple Music files are protected, while iTunes music is not. To convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 for better playback, you need to look for another solution to do this. To save your time, here we will share several methods to convert Apple Music to MP3 free, online and best.
- Part 1. How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 - Best Way
- Part 2. How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 Online - Apowersoft
- Part 3. How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 for Free - Audacity
- Part 4. How to Record and Convert Apple Music to MP3 - AudFree Audio Capture
- Part 5. How to Convert Unprotected Apple Music to MP3 for Windows/Mac
- Part 6. FAQs about Converting Apple Music to MP3
- Part 7. In Conclusion
Part 1. How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 - Best Way
To download songs from Apple Music to MP3 with ease, the best professional tool we can meet is AudFree Apple Music Converter. It is a one-stop Apple Music M4P DRM removal and Apple Music to MP3 converter designed to make Apple Music more enjoyable.
As an excellent Apple Music to MP3 converter, it can not only bypass the protection of downloaded Apple Music files, but also convert Apple Music songs to MP3. In addition, it can convert Apple Music to WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A and M4B with with 100% original quality preserved.
What’s more, AudFree Apple Music Converter can work at 30X speed during the conversion process. All the ID3 tag information will be retained in Apple Music MP3 downloads, such as year, artist. With the help of this program, you can even burn Apple Music to CD and play Apple Music on your MP3 player freely. In short, it can make the most of your Apple Music subscription and play Apple Music anytime and anywhere.
How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 for Windows/Mac
Please first download and install AudFree Apple Music Converter as well as the iTunes appl on your PC or Apple Music app on Mac. Besides, please check that your Apple Music subscription has not expired. Now, you can refer to the following detailed tutorial to see how to convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 step by step.
- Step 1Import Downloaded Apple Music to AudFree Auditior
- Before getting started, you are required to download songs from your Apple Music playlist on your computer. Then please tap the Load iTunes Library button also the first add button from bottom-left corner, so that all Apple Music downloaded from iTunes library will be loaded into AudFree Auditior. In turn, you can start to select and add Apple Music to this Apple Music to MP3 converter. As a hint, you can also click the second Add Files button to import regular common for conversion.
- Step 2Define Apple Music Output Format as MP3
- Once all your Apple Music files are loaded well, you can define their output format as MP3. Please click on the Audio icon to open the settings window to do that. Meanwhile, you are given the option to define other output parameters, including audio codec, channel, sample rate and bit rate.
- Step 3Convert Apple Music to MP3
- Now, please click the Convert button to activate the conversion process. AudFree Apple Music to MP3 Converter will run at 30X speed to download Apple Music as MP3 as you wish. After the conversion, you can locate Apple Music MP3 files in the output folder. It’s able to transfer these Apple Music playlists to any MP3 player for offline playback.
- Video DemoHow to Convert Apple Music M4P to MP3
- There is a step-by-step video that demonstrates how to use AudFree Apple Music Converter and convert Apple Music files to MP3 easily.
Part 2. How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 Online - Apowersoft
If you don’t want to install more tools on your computer, it’s worth checking out online programs for converting Apple Music to MP3. It’s worth mentioning that Apowersoft Free Online Recorder is an option that uses recording technology to download songs from Apple Music to MP3 online.
As the name suggests, Apowersoft is a free online audio recorder that enables you to record high quality audio from your computer sound card and microphone. With this Apple Music to MP3 free online converter, you can record audio from Apple Music and get Apple Music MP3 files in a free online manner. Now, let’s see how to use this Apowersoft free online audio recorder to convert Apple Music to MP3 online.
How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 Online
Step 1. To use Apowersoft Apple Music to MP3 Online Converter, please install a small launcher. It is designed to make it work smoothly on your browser.
Step 2. Navigate to the official website and you will see a big Start Recording red icon in the middle. Please hit on it to select System Sound as the audio source for recording.
Step 3. Now, please play Apple Music in the Apple Music Web Player and click the Start button to record Apple Music to MP3. Moreover, you can control the audio recording by choosing the Pause and Stop buttons.
Step 4. After the recording is finished, you can find all Apple Music tracks in the output directory by clicking the Show in Folder button.
Part 3. How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 for Free - Audacity
If you are interested in a free way to convert Apple Music to MP3, a free Apple Music to MP3 converter - Audacity is recommended for you. It is a free and open source audio recorder for all streaming music sources. This free recording software also contains a lot of advanced features to record Apple Music songs to MP3 in an easy and free way.
What is even more surprising is that Audacity is not only compatible with Windows and Mac, but also with Linux operating systems. This means that it allows you to convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 free on Linux devices, which is very convenient indeed. Then let’s see how this free Apple Music to MP3 converter works.
How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 for Free
Step 1. Install and fire up Audacity on your computer. Hit on the ‘Edit’ > ‘Preferences’ > ‘Audio Host Box’ > ‘Windows WASAPI’ button.
Step 2. Please set your computer’s output device as the output sound card. Please hit the ‘Recording’ under the ‘Audacity Preferences’ to turn off the Software Playthrough.
Step 3. Click the ‘Record’ button in Audacity to launch the recording process. At the same time, please play Apple Music that you’d like to save as MP3.
Step 4. It will automatically record and convert Apple Music playlist to MP3 for free. To finish the recording process, please press the ‘Stop’ icon, then the recorded Apple Music songs will be saved to your computer as MP3.
Part 4. How to Record and Convert Apple Music to MP3 - AudFree Audio Capture
AudFree Audio Capture is a recommended professional audio recording tool designed to record and edit any sound played on your PC, including Apple Music, background audio, in-game sounds and more. In addition, it can save the recorded tracks in MP3, WAV, FLAC and other popular formats.
To record, rip and save Apple Music as MP3 files on your PC, this excellent Apple Music recording software is sure to meet your needs. By using innovative and advanced audio recording technology, this smart Apple Music Capture is able to not only capture and record Apple Music easily, but also customize the recorded Apple Music by cutting and splitting unwanted audio parts and merging the clips into Apple Music MP3 files with one click.
How to Record and Convert Apple Music to MP3
- Step 1Download and Launch AudFree Audio Capture
- Download and launch AudFree Audio Capture on your computer. You will see various programs downloaded on your computer in a pop-up list of windows, such as Apple Music software, browsers or other applications. Then you can select the Apple Music icons to record the audio track of this program. If the target program is not in the list, click the “+” button to add the Apple Music application directly.
- Step 2Customize Apple Music Output Format to MP3
- AudFree Audio Recorder can support multiple output formats, including MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A and M4B. Click the Format button in the bottom right corner of the AudFree Audio Recorder interface to define the Apple Music output format as MP3. In the new window, you can also personalize other output parameters to suit your specific needs, such as codec , bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Capture Apple Music to MP3
- Please touch the Apple Music software from the Start window and the AudFree Audio Capture will simultaneously bring up a new recording window. At this point, you can start discovering and playing the Apple Music you want to capture, while AudFree Audio Capture will automatically start the recording process.
- Step 4Save Apple Music MP3 Files
- You can stop the recording process by simply closing the track being played or quitting the Apple Music software. You can even split unwanted clips by clicking the Edit icon on each recording track. Once all settings are OK, touch the Save button to store the Apple Music MP3 files to the destination folder.
Part 5. How to Convert Unprotected Apple Music to MP3 for Windows/Mac
From what we mentioned at the beginning, it is able to convert unprotected songs to MP3 directly from Apple Music or iTunes software. In this case, if you don’t want to use other apps to convert Apple Music to MP3, it’s better to buy your favorite Apple Music in iTunes store or Apple Music app. Therefore, please purchase the music in advance, and then you can convert unprotected Apple Music songs to MP3 by following the steps below.
How to Convert Unprotected Apple Music to MP3 via iTunes
Step 1. Open iTunes for Windows app on your PC, and then please go to the menu bar to select Edit > Preferences option.
Step 2. In the new window, please choose General > Import Settings... > MP3 Encoder section and click OK to confirm it.
Step 3. Select purchased Apple Music songs in your iTunes library, and click File > Convert > Create MP3 Version button. All Apple Music will be encoded in MP3 format automatically.
How to Convert Unprotected Apple Music to MP3 via Apple Music App
Step 1. Launch the Apple Music application on your Mac computer, then please click Edit > Preferences in the menu bar.
Step 2. Click the File tab and then click Import Settings, when you click the menu next to Import Using, you can choose the songs you want to convert to MP3 format.
Step 3. Click OK and then hold down the Shift key or the Option key on your keyboard and select the File>Convert>Convert to [Import Preferences] option.
Step 4. Select the Apple Music songs you want to convert to MP3 files, choose File>Convert, and then create [Format] version. In turn, you will have songs in the original format and converted songs in your library.
Part 6. FAQs about Converting Apple Music to MP3
Q: Why do we need to convert Apple Music to MP3?
A: As we all know, Apple Music streams are protected by DRM, which means downloaded Apple Music can’t be transferred to non-licensed devices for playback, and Apple Music users can never keep Apple Music tracks after unsubscribing. To break these restrictions and remove DRM from Apple Music songs, converting Apple Music to MP3 format is definitely the perfect solution.
There is no doubt that MP3 is the standard technology and format for compressing sound sequences into very small files, and is one of the most popular audio genres. Once you successfully convert your Apple Music from M4P to MP3, you can enjoy Apple Music without any limitation.
Q: Can you convert Apple Music to MP3?
A: You can use Apple Music application on Mac or iTunes on Windows to convert unprotected song files. As for those protected Apple Music M4P files, you can use specialized Apple Music to MP3 converters like the ones introduced above to make it all possible. Here you can't miss the professional AudFree Apple Music Converter, with which you can get lossless audio quality and always play and enjoy Apple Music on multiple devices.
Q: What features of Apple Music to MP3 Converter should I focus on?
A: It is very obvious that there are various options on the market to help you download Apple Music to MP3, such as those professional, free, online tools mentioned above. When picking these converters, you should pay attention not only to their basic conversion capabilities, but also to additional features such as conversion speed, audio output quality, and ease of use. It would be nice to have some special features such as CD burning, format conversion versatility, or file uploading.
Q: How can I convert Apple Music to MP3 for free?
A: You need a free Apple Music downloader to start the process of converting Apple Music to MP3 for free. Fortunately, this article lists some of these free tools for your reference. Just follow the guidelines provided by each of these tools to successfully carry out the conversion process. Try them one by one to find out which tool best suits your needs.
Q: What're the differences between Apple Music M4P and MP3
A: M4P stands for one of the audio file extensions. Encoded with the advanced audio codec (AAC), M4P is a lossy compression and represents protected MP4G 4 (files). Audio files from Apple Music are encoded in M4P format. It is protected by FairPlay DRM technology that prevents Apple Music from being played on any devices or media players.
MP3 is a standard technology and format for compressing a sound sequence into a very small file. It is also considered one of the most popular and common audio file types. MP3 can not only deliver near-CD sound quality but also has high compatibility with almost all devices and music players, like Bluetooth speakers, smart TVs, portable players, etc.
Part 7. In Conclusion
Converting Apple Music to MP3 gives us more possibilities to enjoy Apple Music. You can choose to use these free, online, professional Apple Music to MP3 converters to keep Apple Music free forever. Hope you can enjoy your favorite Apple Music songs on any device you want.