Can I listen to Apple Music offline? – It could be one of the hottest topics on Apple Discussion Community provided by Apple Music users. It's most convenient way to play music and playlists offline since you can't keep your device connected to internet network always.
As a popular streaming music service, Apple Music offers users to explore and stream over 50 million songs on iTunes, HomePod, iPod Touch, iOS, Android, Mac and PC. But the prerequisite is you are connected to the internet. What if you are outside without internet connection or you have a smaller data plan? Don't miss Apple Music offline mode instead of streaming feature. How? Here are two effective ways to make Apple Music available offline in this article. Just read on to get them.
Method 1. Download Apple Music Offline for Listening
Fortunately, Apple offers its official way to play Apple Music offline only if you have an Apple Music subscription, which is available for free with 3-month trial and then costs $9.99 per month for individual, $4.99 every month with Apple Music for student discount as well as $14.99/month for family plan. And then, you will be able to download all songs, playlists, albums from its catalog for offline listening on Apple unauthorized devices.
To download Apple Music streams on mobile devices, please install Music app on them in advance. If you have a laptop that lives alongside your desktop, you can also use iTunes media player to download them offline with iCloud Music Library. The complete steps are as below:
Listen to Apple Music Offline on iOS/Android
Step 1. Launch the Music app on your mobile devices and then find the song, album or playlist you'd like to download.
Step 2. Tap the 'More' button (just like …) to the right of the music and there will be a 'Make Available Offline' option.
Step 3. Just switch it on and all Apple Music tracks will begin downloading and be your local audio files.
Step 4. To view Apple Music offline files, please hit on the 'My Music' tab to choose 'view type dropdown' button (by default, it reads 'Albums') in the middle of the screen.
Step 5. In the pop-up window, you will see 'Show Music Available Offline' button and please enable it switch to view saved offline Apple Music.
Listen to Apple Music Offline on Mac
Step 1. Open iTunes app on your computer and navigate to 'My Music' tab in the menu bar.
Step 2. Click on the 'view type dropdown' in the upper right corner of the screen to choose 'Show Columns' dropdown.
Step 3. Please hit on the 'iCloud Download' option to save Apple Music offline. If there is no cloud icon, it means that the song is locally stored.
Method 2. Make Apple Music Offline on All Devices
There is no doubt that the above is the best and easiest way to listen to Apple Music offline. However, it also comes with a few restrictions. For example, once you canceled your Apple Music subscription, all Apple Music tracks you downloaded and saved on your local library will disappear automatically. Additionally, you can only listen to offline Apple Music streams on authorized devices by Apple, like iPhone, iPod Touch, etc.
To use Apple Music offline on all devices without limitation, here, we will also introduce another way to download Apple Music for offline listening forever. To make it possible, we need to benefit from AudFree Apple Music Converter for Mac, which is designed to download and convert Apple Music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B offline. Once downloaded, you can keep Apple Music offline forever even without subscribing Apple Music plan anymore and play them on any device without Apple ID linked.
The following is the detailed guide on how to use AudFree Apple Music Converter to convert Apple Music and make all songs playable offline on all devices.
- Step 1Import downloaded Apple Music files to AudFree
- Double click the launch this smart software for Apple Watch, click the 'Add Files' button to open the iTunes library and you will see all audio files downloaded in iTunes. Now, just select the Apple Music songs you'd like to listen to offline to AudFree. Alternatively, you can use 'dragging&dropping' action to load the files.
- Step 2Set output audio parameters
- Click the 'Format' button (look like 'audio' icon), and then you can define output format according to your needs. Currently, it supports MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. Besides, in this window, you can also adjust other output audio preferences, like audio codec, bit rate, channel and sample rate.
- Step 3Download Apple Music files offline
- Once all settings have done, please simple press the big 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface and then AudFree Apple Music Converter will start downloading Apple music songs offline and converting them to target audio files you set before. After conversion, you can transfer them to any device for offline playback.
It's easy to listen to Apple Music offline with the assistance of the above two effective ways. Right? You can follow the suitable solution to get offline Apple Music for playback in the accordance with your situation. Hope you have a wonderful music trip with Apple Music.