Although Last.fm has discontinued their streaming radio service for a few years, it is still one of the world's biggest online music service. With the well-known music recommender system called 'Audioscrobbler', Last.fm allows music lovers to listen to favorite songs online, discover and explore more about your favorite artists and get extraordinary music recommendations.
But just like Pandora, another online music radio station, there is no way to download songs from Last.fm free for offline listening. What if you found out favorite music and desire to play these songs on MP3 devices offline? Please don't worry. In this article, we will introduce two special-purpose Last.fm music recorders to help you record Last.fm music as MP3.
Method 1. Record Last.fm Music with AudFree Last.fm Music Recorder
To solve the issue on how to download Last.fm music as MP3, you might think of upgrading to a premium Last.fm account. However, even subscribing to it for $3.00 a month, with which you can only access to Last.fm on web player and mobile app without ads, see more additional stats and visualisations, etc. Put it another way, there is no offline playback feature contained in the subscription plan.
The good news is that more and more software developers discover Last.fm users' demand and try their best to research and develop excellent Last.fm song recording solutions to extract MP3 files from Last.fm audios. Compared to top 5 best audio capture for Last.fm according to conversion stability, output audio quality, converting speed and other special features, AudFree Last.fm Music Capture could be the ideal choice among others.
With built-in advanced audio recording technology, AudFree Last.fm Audio Capture will be able to record and download Last.fm songs with zero quality loss and save Last.fm audio recordings as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC and other common audio files. What's more, it allows users to grab several tracks all at once and split the Last.fm audios into independent tracks intelligently.
How to Record Last.fm Music with AudFree
The following tutorial aims to guide you on how to use AudFree Last.fm Music Recorder to capture Last.fm music for offline listening on favorite devices. Please be well noted that AudFree Last.fm Audio Capture is available for both Mac and Windows OS. You can download the right one on your computer.
- Step 1Launch Last.fm Music Capture and define basic settings
- It will show up a list of installed programs on the main interface after launching AudFree audio recorder. And then you need to check whether Last.fm desktop app or web browser you used to navigate to Last.fm web player is in the list. If not, please click the big '+' button to add it quickly.
- Step 2Adjust output format and other audio settings
- Before starting the recording process, you are suggested to set output settings in advance. To do this, please hit on the 'audio' icon from the starting window and it will pop up a new setting window, in which you can define output format as MP3 or others and customize output audio quality by changing bit rate, sample rate, audio codec, channel, etc.
- Step 3Play and record music from Last.fm
- Just click the 'OK' button to get back to the starting window, and choose the target web browser or Last.fm desktop app to enter to Last.fm audio tracks. Now, you can discover the wanted Last.fm music and play them, AudFree Last.fm Audio Capture will automatically record and grab playing Last.fm songs.
- Step 4Edit and save recorded Last.fm music
- When all favorite songs from Last.fm are recorded well, you can stop the recording process by quitting up the whole web browser or Last.fm app or stop playing Last.fm music. Before saving Last.fm MP3 files to your computer, you can click the 'edit' icon to split unwanted audio clips or merge serval audio files from the same source into a new one.
Method 2. How to Record Last.fm Radio via Jaksta
If you are only a few Last.fm songs that you would like to capture as MP3 for offline playback, you'd better to use Jaksta Music Recorder to download songs from Last.fm as Jaskta Music Recorder allows users to record 25 songs from Last.fm for free. But if you have tons of Last.fm tracks to record, AudFree Last.fm Audio Capture could be better than Jaksta's, whose price is $30 lower than Jaksta Music Recorder with the same performance.
As a unique audio recorder for Last.fm, Jaksta Music Recorder is designed to capture songs, save Last.fm recorded music into MP3, FLAC, M4A, WMA or WAV and import audio records to iTunes and Windows Media Player for listening. Here are the basic steps on how to record music from Last.fm.
Step 1. Install and fire up Jaksta Music Recorder on your computer.
Step 2. Hit on the 'RECORD' button to make this software in recording mode.
Step 3. Click the 'Guide' option at the left-side menu and navigate to Last.fm music service.
Step 4. Play the target music from Last.fm and Jaksta will automatically grab audio tracks.
Step 5. While you press the 'STOP' tab and Last.fm songs will be split, renamed, and tagged with title, artist, artwork and lyrics, etc.
With one of two excellent Last.fm recording tools mentioned above, you can listen to Last.fm songs on any device or music player by recording without problem. If you have trouble in getting Last.fm music streams offline, please feel free to leave your problem in the comment area.