Q: Recently I came across with an issue that I couldn't get Audible audiobooks to iCloud Music Library with iTunes Match. It showed the message that "This item is not eligible for iCloud". What's wrong with it? Anyone know the way to solve this issue?
Regarding to this issue, in this post, we will show you the reason why you can't upload audiobooks to iCloud from your Audible audiobooks files and introduce an easy way on how to put Audible audiobooks on iCloud with iTunes Match.
Part 1. The Reason Why You Can't Sync Audiobooks to iCloud
iTunes Match is a part of Apple iCloud service, which lets users upload and manage music on iCloud Music Library. And users can access to the music files via any Apple devices with the same Apple ID. In addition, iTunes Match supports the file formats, like MP3, AAC, WAV, M4A, AIFF, M4P and H.264. And iCloud is designed for music files and only supports songs files with bit rate higher than 96 Kbps, size small than 200Mb, length less than 2 hours.
According to what we mentioned above, you may had known the obvious reason. That is because Audible audiobooks are AA/AAX audio format with encryption technology and an Audible audiobook is usually hours long. Thus, that is the reason why iTunes Match isn't compatible with Audible audiobooks and you can't make audiobooks iCloud work.
Part 2. Effective Workaround to Upload Audiobooks to iCloud
In order to upload Audible audiobooks to iCloud Music Library with iTunes Match, it is necessary to convert Audible audiobooks to iTunes Match supported formats, such as MP3, AAC, etc. Besides, you also split Audible audiobooks to small clips by time or chapters. To make it, you just need a third-party program. There are many tools that can help you in the market, but they vary from quality.
Here, we would like to recommend a powerful and professional tool for you. It is AudFree Audio Converter for Windows/Mac, which can bypass the protection from Audible audiobooks and convert Audible audiobooks files to MP3, AAC, WAV and other iTunes Match compatible audio formats. You can trim Audible audiobooks to small parts and set the audio parameters for audiobooks iCloud. Moreover, AudFree will keep original ID3 tags for you after converting and then you can manage your audio files easily.
Simple Guide to Bypass protection from Audible Files Losslessly
Please download the free trial version of AudFree Audio Converter on your computer, which is available for both Windows and Mac operating system. Just click the "Download" button above and then you can refer to the following simple tutorial to convert protected Audible books to common audiobooks step by step. After conversion, you can upload audiobooks to iCloud for playback effortlessly.
- Step 1Import Audible audiobooks to AudFree
- There are two ways for you to load downloaded Audible audiobooks to AudFree Audio Converter. You can simply click the first 'Add Files' button to choose Audible files that you'd like to convert from iTunes library directly. Or you can import them to the conversion window of AudFree by dragging & dropping action directly.
- Note: Please make sure you have imported audiobooks downloaded from Audible to iTunes library under the 'My Audiobooks' option. Besides, this smart Audio Converter can not only work for Audible books, but also for iTunes audiobooks, Apple Music and other audiobooks files.
- Step 2Set output format and other parameters
- Please click the 'audio' icon to open a new window, in which you can define output format as MP3 or other supported format of iTunes Match and customize other audio parameters by changing the bit rate, sample rate, audio codec, and channel. And you can hit on the 'edit' icon to set splitting audiobooks by chapters.
- Step 3Convert Audible audiobooks
- Now, please click the 'Convert' tap to launch the converting process, and AudFree Audio Converter will automatically convert Audible audiobooks to common audio format. When conversion process done, you can click the 'history' icon locate the converted audiobooks files on the destination folder and start to sync audiobooks to iCloud with iTunes Match.
Part 3. How to Put Audible Audiobooks on iCloud
Now you can follow the steps below to upload audiobooks to iCloud Music Library with iTunes Match.
Step 1. Turn on iCloud Music Library with on computer and IOS devices with the same Apple ID. IOS users can turn on iCloud Music Library from "Setting" >> "Music". As for computer users, you can go to iTunes, click "Preferences" >> "General" >> "iCloud Music Library".
View also: How to Turn Off iCloud Music Library
Step 2. Open iTunes, hit on "File" >> "Add File to Library" to import the converted Audible audiobooks. Then iTunes Match will detect the new imported files and add them as new music files to iCloud.
Step 3. Finally, you had successfully put Audible audiobooks on iCloud and you can access them from any Apple devices.