Q: As a fitness lover and an avid runner, I can't wait for making Fossil Sport smartwatch as my gym companion. I have made an impression by this lightweight, comfortable design, swim-proof and powerful chipset. But before shopping for this work-out companion, I wonder to know that whether this Fossil fantastic smartwatch can work well with Audible books as I'm also an audiobook lover who'd like to listen to audiobooks when doing exercise?
To your disappointed, there is still no official Audible for Fossil app that enables you to play Audible books on Fossil Sport. As a matter of fact, currently, only Apple Watch has the built-in Audible app. But it doesn't matter. As a saying goes, "Where there is a will, there is a way". We have figured out a way to listen to Audible audiobooks on Fossil Sport.
If you are interested in this topic, you can refer to the following effective solution to make Audible books available in Fossil Sport with ease.
Part 1. Play Audible Books on Fossil Sport - Tool You'll Need
Although you can't download Audible app on your Fossil Android smartwatch, it's able to stream audiobooks from your mobile devices to Fossil Sport only if your phone and Fossil are connected. But this way comes with some disadvantages, such as the larger cellular data uses, the higher prices for mobile date will be. Besides, when there is no network connection, everything will become normal as this method won't work again.
With the purpose to solve this issue once and for all, here, we will introduce an alternative yet powerful way to play audiobooks on Fossil Sport from Audible. As Fossil Sport are able to access to audio files from Google Play Music, we can upload Audible books to Google Play and then listen to audiobooks on Fossil smartwatch from Google Play Music.
When it comes to syncing Audible books to Google Play Music, we'll need to get assistance from AudFree Audible Book Converter, which is well-designed to convert Audible books to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and other common audio files with high quality preserved. What's more, if you choose to adjust output format as M4A, it also supports to split audiobooks by chapters or fixed time frames. With the help of this tool, you can easily play Audible audiobooks on Fossil Sport smartwatch.
AudFree Audible to Fossil Converter
Part 2. Convert Audible Books for Playing on Fossil Sport - Detailed Tutorial
The following tutorial will show you how to use AudFree Audible Book Converter to convert Audible books to plain audio formats that can be compatible with Fossil Sport and the detailed steps on how to sync added audiobooks to Google Play Music for playing on Fossil Sport.
- Step 1Add Audible Books to AudFree Software
- Before getting started to add Audible files to AudFree Audible Book Converter, please make sure you have downloaded iTunes app and authorized Audible account in iTunes. And then click the first 'Add Files' button to launch iTunes library and choose audiobooks that you'd like to put on Fossil Sport. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop Audible books to the main interface of AudFree to load them automatically.
- Step 2Define output audio parameters for Fossil Sport
- Directly click the 'audio' icon to open Format Setting window, in which you can customize output format, audio codec, sample rate, bit rate according to your needs. As you see, there are six audio formats you can choose, including MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, WAV, and M4B. Besides, you can also check the mark before 'Keep lossless (AA, AAX)' to export Audible books as original audio files.
- Step 3Convert Audible Files for Fossil Devices
- Now, you can click the 'Effect' icon to customize audio volume, speed, patch and 'Edit' icon to split audio files into small audio clips and customize ID3 tags as you like. Also, you can skip those two functions and directly tap the 'Convert' button to convert protected Audible audiobooks to unprotected Fossil files directly. You can locate all audiobooks on your computer by clicking the 'history' icon.
Part 3. How to Listen to Audible Books on Fossil Sport
To stream Audible books on Fossil Sport, the last step you need to do is to transfer converted audiobooks to Fossil Sport. If you have no clue to do this, you can refer to the following step-by-step tutorial.
Step 1. Open Google Play Music website on your computer and login your Google account. If you don't have, please register one.
Step 2. Touch the 'Upload Music' option and then it requires you to install Google Play Music Manager on your computer. Please do it.
Step 3. After that, please press the 'Upload songs to Google Play' section to select media folder stored Audible books and import them.
Step 4. Then please make sure Google Play Music is downloaded on your Fossil Sport well and you login the same account on Fossil watch.
Now, you can start to listen to Audible books on Fossil Sport via Google Play Music. If necessary, you can pair Bluetooth headphone with your Fossil Sport and enjoy Audible audiobooks when running or doing exercise.