Q: Is there any way to make it possible of adding Audible books to Garmin watch, no matter for Garmin Fenix, Forerunner, or Vivoactive? I take it for granted that I could easily listen to Audible on Garmin watch. But I meet some obstacles when I'm doing the first step - adding audiobooks to Garmin devices. Audible books don't appear in the Garmin Express app.
Garmin has been manufacturing devices for the automotive, aviation, and marine industries for 30 years. But now it has achieved significant success in fitness with the coming of Garmin watches, like Fenix, Forerunner, Nuvi.
Garmin GPS watches have a built-in player allowing users to enjoy audiobooks and music. But there are still some necessary things you need to do while playing Audible on Garmin. Here, we will share three ways on how to listen to Audible books on Garmin watch for your reference.
Part 1. How to Listen to Audible on Garmin Watch - Tool Required
Before you search the 'what devices are compatible with Audible', you would be happy to find Garmin GPS device is on the shortlist. But now, things have changed. Garmin watch disappeared from this compatibility table for no reason. In this case, you can't listen to Audible on Garmin via Audible Manager now.
Thus, how will you do to put Audible books on Garmin Forerunner, Fenix, and Vivoactive? Fortunately, Garmin supports lots of SD cards, from 4 GB to 16 GB with SD Adapter. So it's a selectable way to save Audible books to SD card and then use Audible on Garmin watch from SD card.
Garmin Watches have a built-in music player that supports several plain audio files. You can figure out what audio formats are compatible with Garmin Watch in the below chart.
|Supported Audio Formats||MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, WAV, ADTS, M3U, M3U8, WPL, ZPL, PLS|
Audible audiobooks are encoded in AA and AAX audio formats. To listen to Audible books on Garmin, you should convert Audible files to Garmin support files before adding them to SD card. To make Garmin Audible integration, AudFree Audible Book Converter is needed.
It can convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, M4B, and so forth at a 30X faster speed. With the assistance of it, you can freely play Audible books on all Garmin GPS devices through an SD card.
AudFree Audible to Garmin Converter
Part 2. How to Play Audible on Garmin Watch via SD Card
The following part will guide you on how to use AudFree Audible Converter to do Audible format conversion. By doing this, Audible files will be compatible with Garmin Venu, Forerunner, Fenix, Vivoactive, and all other watches. After that, it couldn't be easier to play audiobooks from Audible on Garmin watch via the SD card.
- Step 1Add Audible books to AudFree Software
- Hit on the first 'Add Files' button from the bottom-right corner of the AudFree's main interface. It will pop up a window, in which you can select audiobooks from iTunes library. And then, selected Audible files will be loaded to the main interface automatically. Besides, you can directly drag and drop Audible files from your computer to AudFree Software.
- Step 2Define Audible output parameters for Garmin Watch
- Please click the 'audio' icon to customize basic audio parameters according to Garmin's requirements. It's able to change the output format, bit rate, sample rate, audio codec, channel for better playback. If you'd like to keep or split audiobooks by chapters, you'd better choose M4A as the output format.
- Step 3Convert Audible books for Garmin watch
- Now, you can tap the 'Convert' button to convert added Audible files for Garmin watches. All .aa and .aax audiobooks will be converted to common audio files that can be synced into SD card. In general, the conversion time depends on how many audiobooks you have added.
- Step 4Play Audible on Garmin Watch via SD card
- Audible books are saved on your computer. You can locate them on the destination folder by clicking the 'file' icon. Now, please connect the SD card to your computer via a SD card reader. And then, you can move Audible books to SD card and play audiobooks on Garmin GPS device without a problem.
Part 3. How to Put Audible Books on Garmin Watch via Garmin Express
Let's go back to the question at the beginning of the article. Audible files don't show up in the Audiobook folder in the Garmin Express app. The reason could be the same as why you can't listen to Audible on Garmin through a SD card directly. Audible books have unique formats, which are not compatible with Garmin Express app.
So, you need to follow Part 2 to do format conversion of Audible audiobooks. After that, you can transfer audiobooks to Garmin Express and play them well on Garmin. Here, we will take Forerunner 645 Music as an example to show you how to listen to Audible on Garmin watch vis the Express app.
Step 1. Install and launch the Garmin Express app on your computer running Mac or Windows operating system.
Step 2. Please connect your Garmin Forerunner Music device to your computer via USB cable.
Step 3. Once paired well, the Garmin Express app will detect the Forerunner Music watch automatically.
Step 4. Please click the 'Music' on Windows computer. Please click 'iTunes' on Mac. Browse your local audio folder and locate the common Audible audiobook folder.
Step 5. When found out, please check the mark in the front of audio files. Please select 'Send to Devices' to import Audible books to a Garmin Forerunner 645 Music. And then you can listen to Audible on Garmin as you like.
For other Garmin watches, such as Venu, Fenix, and Vivoactive watches, the above steps also apply to them.
Part 4. Video Tutorial & Bottom Line
Here is also a video tutorial to guide you to play Audible audiobooks on Garmin watch with ease.
Although Garmin Audible app is not availble, there are still 2 ways to listen to Audible on Garmin watches. Thanks to the AudFree Audible Converter, you can now play Audible on not only Garmin watch and all other portable watches. Even your watch doesn't install the Audible app, it also works well.