Q: In order to enjoy audiobooks from Audible on my Apple Watch series 3, I have downloaded Audible app on my iPhone. But to my disappointed, the Audible app doesn't appear on the Apple Watch. As a result, I couldn't listen to Audible on Apple Watch series 3 without bringing iPhone when working out, which is really inconvenient. Is there any possible workaround to play Audible books on Apple Watch directly?
Audible hasn't released an app for Apple Watch, but for iPhone and iPad yet. But the good news is that you are allowed to add DRM-free audiobooks to Apple Watch for offline listening via Bluetooth headphones. Put it another, only if you convert protected Audible audiobooks to DRM-free audio books, it could be easier to listen to Audible on Apple Watch 3. As for the detailed solution on how to play Audible books on Apple Watch, please read on this article to find out the answer.
View also: How to Listen to Spotify on Apple Watch
Part 1. Effective Workaround to Listen to Audible on Apple Watch without iPhone nearby
Best Audible Audiobook Converter to Unlock DRM
Generally speaking, we can use iTunes to transfer audiobooks and podcasts to Apple Watch with ease. But this solution doesn't currently work for Audible content. Audio books downloaded from Audible.com are encrypted by Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology as well as encoded in special AA/AAX audio format, which couldn't be cognized by Apple Watch directly. In the light of this case, we need to discover an excellent third-party Audible DRM removal tool to remove DRM protection from Audible books losslessly.
Here, we can meet AudFree DRM Audio Converter, one of the professional DRM removers for Audible files. By adopting advanced and extraordinary DRM decryption technology, it can remove DRM from Audible audiobooks losslessly and convert DRM AA/AAX books to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, and other Apple Watch compatible audio formats at 10X faster speed. The biggest feature of this powerful Audible Audiobook Converter is that it allows users to define output format as 100% lossless. That’s to say, all ID3 tags can be preserved in converted DRM-free Audible files for playing on Apple Watch freely.
AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter
Simple Guide to Bypass DRM from Audible Files Losslessly
Please download the free trial version of AudFree Audio Converter on your computer, which is available for both Windows and Mac operating system. And then you can refer to the following simple tutorial to convert protected Audible books to DRM-free audiobooks step by step. After conversion, you can sync them to Apple Watch for playback effortlessly.
- Step 1Import DRM Audible audiobooks to AudFree
- There are two methods for you to load downloaded Audible books to AudFree DRM Audio Converter. You can simply click the first 'Add Files' button to choose Audible files that you'd like to convert from iTunes library directly. Or you can import them to the conversion window of AudFree via dragging&dropping action directly.
- Note: Please make sure you have imported audiobooks downloaded from Audible to iTunes library under the 'My Audiobooks' option. Besides, this smart DRM Audio Converter can not only work for Audible books, but also for iTunes audiobooks, Apple Music and DRM-free audiobooks.
- Step 2Set output format and other parameters for Apple Watch
- Please click the 'audio' icon to open a new window, in which you can define output format as MP3 or other Apple Watch supported format and customize other audio parameters by changing the bit rate, sample rate, audio codec, and channel. And you can touch the 'edit' icon to set spliting audiobooks by chapters.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert Audible books for Apple Watch
- Now, please click the 'Convert' tap to launch the converting process, and AudFree Audio Converter will automatically remove DRM from Audible and convert DRM audiobooks to unprotected MP3. When conversion process done, you can click the 'history' icon locate the non-DRM audio books on the destination folder and start to transfer them to Apple Watch series 3.
Part 2. How to Transfer DRM-free Audible Books to Apple Watch for Playback
Now you can sync converted Audible audiobooks to Apple Watch with iTunes. After syncing, you are able to listen to Audible on Apple Watch without any limitation.
Step 1. Open iTunes app on your Windows or Mac. And then you need to click the 'File' -> 'New' -> 'Smart Playlist' to create a new playlist called 'Audible Audiobooks' or others as you like.
Step 2. Add converted DRM-free Audible audio files that you’d like to play on Apple Watch to 'Audible Audiobooks' playlist. And then you can sync all uploaded audiobooks to iPhone via iCloud or a USB cable.
Step 3. Please launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, and enter to 'Music' -> 'Synced Music' to choose the newly 'Audible Audiobooks' playlist (it will say 'Sync Pending').
Step 4. Now please connect Apple Watch to iPhone via Bluetooth. Audible audiobooks will automatically sync to Apple Watch from iPhone. If there are lots of audiobooks to sync, please attach your Apple Watch to its charger.
Now, you can listen to Audible on Apple Watch 3 when you work out even without iPhone nearby. By the way, there are two key points you should pay attention when converting audiobooks to Apple Watch: Audiobooks could be less than 200M for one file and bit rate of each audio book should be now lower than 128kbps.