What is Audible AAXC? This is a new DRM format of the audiobook from Audible app, applied to Android and iOS since June 20, 2019. Now, all audiobook files from the Audible app are transferred to AAXC, which has completely replaced AA/AAX format for downloads.
It is beneficial for Audible to protect audiobooks in this new DRM format, which offers extra address protection. But for many audiobooks' listeners, it is getting harder to download AAXC audiobooks as local files. It is because most audiobook converters in the market are not compatible with AAXC. Therefore, in this article, I am going to offer you a different way to convert Audible AAXC to MP3 for offline playback.
Part 1. Convert Audible AAXC to MP3: Required Tool
This new AAXC format will not influence the way you listen to Audible books online. It only causes problems for those who like downloading or transferring Audiobooks to many devices (which are not supported to install Audible app) for offline listening. For the reason that AAXC is the newest DRM format, currently Audible AAXC cracker has not been created yet.
Thankfully, the downloaded audiobook from the Audible desktop app is still saved in AA/AAX format, which can be converted and saved locally onto the computer.If you want to convert AAXC to MP3, it is available to download the AA/AAX Audible books with the same titles from the Audible website on a computer, then transfer the downloaded audiobooks to your phone.
Besides, We are not sure whether audiobooks from all Audible source will turn to AAXC someday. In case that happens, it is very necessary for you to make preparation in advance, which is to convert Audible AA/AAX audiobooks to MP3 from now on.
Speaking of Audible book converter, AudFree DRM Audio Converter is the first choice without doubt, which is designed to break DRM lock from Audible AA/AAX and convert it to multiple DRM-free formats such as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, etc with 100% high quality and complete ID3 tags. Adopting the latest technology, this smart tool can run at 30X faster speed during the conversion so that an entire audiobook playlist can be converted successfully in a short time.
In addition, there are various built-in features for you to edit your downloaded audiobooks, for instances, you can manually adjust audio's volume, speed, and pitch. There is another big surprise: this intelligent software can automatically split audiobooks by 3 different ways: by hours/mins, by segments average, or by chapters, depending on your requirements.
With the assist of AudFree DRM Audio Converter, it is simple to download Audible audiobooks as local files and convert them to any common format for offline listening at any time and anywhere.
Part 2. Download Audible Audible AA/AAX to MP3: Detailed Instructions
It is available to download this powerful tool for a free trial. Each audiobook can be converted one-third of content by AudFree. Now let's follow the tutorial to see if it satisfies your needs.
- Step 1Load audiobooks from Audible and add to iTunes library
- Download and install AudFree DRM Audio Converter on your computer desktop. Turn on the iTunes library and input Audible books to "My Audiobooks" section. Then please move your mouse to click "File" > "Library" > "Import Playlist". Please remember to authorize iTunes to your Audible account.
- Step 2Stream Audible books to AudFree DRM Audio Converter
- Now please Open AudFree and the iTunes will be reopened automatically. Then you have two ways to import Audible audiobooks to AudFree. The first one to drag and drop audio files from iTunes to AudFree. The next one is to hit the first 'Add' icon in the lower-left corner of AudFree's main interface to add the Audible files to AudFree.<
- Step 3Redefine output format and modify other parameters
- You are allowed to set the output format relying on your requests. Once the audiobooks are added to AudFree, click on the "audio" icon on the left of the big "Convert" bar. Then a new settings window will show up. Here, you can customize the output music format as MP3, AAC, M4A, WAC or anyone displayed on the screen. Furthermore, the audio quality can be reset by changing the codec, channel, sample rate, or bit rate. For keeping the best audio quality of the Audible book, It is suggested to define the bit rate to 320kbps and the sample rate to 48000 Hz.
- Step 4Download and Convert Audible books to local DRM-free files
- Once all steps above are done, simply press on the huge 'Convert' button at the lower-right corner. Then the program will start to decrypt Audible DRM files to the unlocked ones. The conversion won't last for long. It runs at a 30X faster speed in an ideal occasion. When the conversion is over, don't forget to locate the target folder where keeps the converted Audible audiobooks. Just go back to the main page and click the "history" icon next to "Convert".
Now you successfully download and convert Audible audiobooks to local files on the computer. You can convert all of your Audible MP3 files to mobile devices or other portable players without downloading AAXC audiobooks. Just enjoy your high-quality Audible books on any players and device as you like.