Q: Can you listen to Audible offline? Is there an Audible airplane mode or an Audible offline mode to use Audible without Internet? If the answer is positive, what should I do to make Audible work offline?
Fortunately, the answer is a resounding "yes". In some cases, we are unable to keep our devices under the WiFi network at all times, for example, taking a plane, being in a no signal area, and so forth. So follow along and refer to the guide to learn how to listen to Audible offline with/without Audible App on all devices.
Part 1. How to Listen to Audible Offline with Audible App
Speaking of Audible offline listening, Audible provides the offline mode to make it available in this official app. Also, the Audible app is compatible with a wide variety of platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and more. Only if you have purchased some books, it's able to download Audible books to listen offline.
Therefore, you need to save Audible books offline when your device is under data connection. After that, you can continue listening to Audible on airplane mode or without internet. Since different devices feature different steps to use Audible offline, then here we will present the specific guide to make Audible offline mode a reality.
How to Use Audible Offline on iOS/Android
Step 1. Install the Audible app for Android/iOS on your mobile phone and open it to log in to your Audible account details.
Step 2. Enter the 'Library' option from the top-left corner and go to the Cloud section. And then you can start to select Audible audiobooks that you'd like to listen to offline.
Step 3. Click on the cover art and touch the 'Download' icon to launch downloading process. You will see Audible books will be downloaded to your mobile device as expected.
Step 4. Now, you are free to listen to Audible on iPhone or Android phone.
How to Listen to Audible without Internet on PC
For Windows users, it's able to refer to the above steps to save Audible books offline via the Audible app. Besides, there are also other three ways to get Audible offline listening. You can download Audible books to PC and then import them to Audible Manager, WMP, iTunes for offline playback.
For Audible Manager
Step 1. Download and install Audible Manager on your PC.
Step 2. Please open Audible Manager and hit on the 'File' > 'Add Audio Files' button. It will open a new window in which you can search and find Audible downloads.
Step 3. Now, please select and add offline Audible books to your Audible Manager. After that, just click on the book title and you are permitted to listen to Audible offline.
For Windows Media Player or iTunes
Step 1. First, this way needs to get support from Audible Download Manager, please download this tool and launch it.
Step 2. Tap the 'Option' > 'Activate PC' section to sign up for your Audible account details, after that a new window will pop up showing successful activation.
Step 3. To import Audible books into them, select 'Options' > 'Import Audible Titles' > 'Import into iTunes and Windows Media Player Library' icon.
Step 4. Just confirm it by clicking the 'OK' button, then you can use Audible offline on iTunes or Windows Media Player anytime.
How to Listen to Audible on Airplane Mode on Mac
If you are using macOS 10.14 or lower versions, you should use iTunes to play Audible audiobooks without the Internet. For macOS 10.15 Catalina and macOS 11 Big Sur, Audible books have been transitioned from iTunes to Apple Books, and you can still use the Apple Books app for enjoying Audible. Here are the detailed steps below.
Step 1. Find the favorite Audible book that you'd like to play offline. Right-click it to choose the 'Open with Books' button.
Step 2. If you don't authorize your computer, please do that by filling in your Audible account. It will pop up a window, click on the 'Activate Now' button.
Step 3. Once clicked, all Audible books will be imported into your Apple Books. You can listen to Audible without Internet on Mac now.
Part 2. How to Listen to Audible Offline without Audible App
In fact, there are still many portable devices that don't support the Audible app, such as the Sony Walkman, iPod Shuffle, SanDisk Sansa, or other popular MP3 players. What if you'd like to listen to Audible on them? Or you just want to play Audible offline without Audible App?
To solve this problem and facilitate users to enjoy audiobooks without WiFi and the Audible app, here is an effective tool to meet your needs, that is AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter, dedicated to Audible format conversion.
To tell you the truth, it can download and convert Audible to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B with ID3 tags preserved. In this case, you can transfer Audible books to other devices for offline playback without Audible app. In addition, it is possible to split Audible audiobooks by chapter, which makes playback easier and more convenient.
AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter
- Convert Audible books to MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, FLAC, etc.
- Listen to Audible audiobooks offline on all devices without Audible App
- Keep ID3 tags, chapters and all other metadata info
- Cut large Audible books into small segments by chapters
- Convert Audible audiobooks, Apple Music and other audios too
How to Listen to Audible Offline without Audible App
- Step 1Add Audible Audiobooks to AudFree Auditior
- There are two ways to add downloaded Audible books to AudFree Auditior. You can drag Audible book files from your computer into the program directly. Alternatively, you can click the first "Add" button to select the audiobook from iTunes.
- Step 2Set the Audible Output Format to MP3
- Since almost all devices are compatible with the MP3 audio format, you will be strongly advised to set the output format to MP3 by clicking on the 'Format' icon. In the settings window, you can customize other audio parameters, like bit rate, sample rate, audio channel, code. But if you'd like to split audiobooks by chapters, you'd better set the output format as M4A since MP3 format does not support playing audio files by chapters.
- Step 3Download Audible Books for Offline Playback
- Please click the big "Convert" button at the bottom right corner. AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter will convert and download Audible books to the target files that you set before. Generally speaking, the conversion time depends on how many audio files you have imported. Then you can locate converted Audible books on your computer by clicking the "File" icon.
- Step 4Listen to Audible Offline without Audible App
- To listen to Audible audiobooks offline, please connect your device to your computer via USB. After that, you can drag and drop the Audible book folder to your device for offline listening.
Part 3. Audible Offline Mode Not Working - Easy Fixes
Some people have complained that they are having trouble listening to Audible books offline. This can be caused by multiple reasons, and you can follow the solution below to try to fix it.
1. Re-download the Audible Audiobook
The most common reason why users cannot listen to Audible offline is that Audible fails to be downloaded properly, resulting in a corrupted file. You can try to delete the downloaded audiobooks from your device first, and then re-download the audiobooks.
2. Check Your Device's Speakers
If you can't hear Audible playing, you may have a problem with your device's speakers. Make sure your device is not muted, and check that you are not using an external audio device.
3. Restart the Audible Application
Most applications, including Audible, may experience a temporary glitch. Try closing your Audible app, wait a few minutes, and then restart the Audible application. After that, see if you can listen to Audible books offline properly.
4. Update Audible Applications
In normal circumstances, an outdated application is always more prone to failure, and the Audible application is no exception. This may also be the reason why Audible offline mode does not work.
5. Update Your Device System
After updating the Audible app, you find that you are still having problems listening to Audible offline, then the problem may be with your device. It's also important to update your system, as this usually fixes some of the bugs that existed in the previous operating system.
Part 4. In Conclusion
Here are two effective ways to enjoy Audible offline mode with/without Audible App. In the long run, using AudFree software to listen to Audible offline is the better option. Anyway, it can make Audible more compatible and play more widely on any desired device. Just have fun with Audible books offline.