Spotify brings over 50 million songs for all users to explore the music world for free. But like other streaming sites, Spotify encrypts its songs, playlists, and albums. The built-in copyright technology prevents users from converting Spotify to AAC format. As a result, it's impossible to play Spotify songs on AAC compatible devices and music players.
Is there a tool to extract the unprotected AAC files from Spotify to your local folder on the computer? By doing it, it's able to transfer Spotify AAC files to AAC supported music players for playback.
Fortunately, the answer is positive. A third-party Spotify to AAC Converter can help you out with ease. In this article, we will share the best tools and detailed tutorial on how to convert Spotify to AAC. If you are interested in this topic, move on to read this guide!
Part 1. Best Spotify to AAC Converter - AudFree Spotify Music Converter
Today, the full-featured Spotify to AAC converter that we will meet is AudFree Spotify Music Converter. It can get AAC music download from Spotify at up to 5X faster speed. Apart from converting Spotify to AAC, it can support other popular output formats. It can also convert Spotify to MP3, FALC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B with a few clicks.
AudFree Spotify AAC Converter can keep 100% original audio quality and ID tags in AAC files. Besides, to make users enjoy music easier, it offers the option of classifying Spotify AAC tracks by artist or album. It's worth mentioning that this tool allows users to finish the conversion process with a free Spotify account.
Now, you can download and install the free trial version to get AAC tracks from Spotify. But you should know that the trial version can convert 1 minute of each file only. You can purchase the full version to unlock the time limitation.
How to Convert Spotify to AAC Format
The following is the detailed guide on how to convert Spotify songs or playlists to AAC format. No need for professional technical skills, you can do it with ease.
- Step 1Add Spotify music to AudFree
- Please double click to open AudFree Spotify Music Converter from the computer desktop. You will see the Spotify desktop app will be launched automatically. And then you can start to discover favorite Spotify files that you'd like to convert to AAC format. Once found out, you can drag and drop music files to the main interface of AudFree Software. Or, you can copy and paste the URL of Spotify tracks to the search box to add Spotify files.
- Step 2Set Spotify output format as AAC
- When all Spotify songs are uploaded to AudFree, you need to open the setting window. Please enter to the top menu -> 'Preference' > 'Convert'. Now, you can set the output format as AAC format. Besides, you can customize output audio quality by changing audio parameters. It depends on your special needs.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music to AAC format
- Once finishing customization, you can click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner. It will start the conversion process. AudFree Spotify Music Converter will convert Spotify files to AAC audios automatically. After conversion, you can locate converted AAC files on the destination folder. It's able to transfer them to AAC compatible players through a USB cable.
- Video DemoHow to Convert Spotify to AAC
Part 2. Free Spotify to AAC Converter to Convert Spotify to AAC Online
There are some users who'd like to get a method to convert Spotify to AAC online. In this case, here, we will also introduce a free Spotify to AAC converter to make it possible. It's called Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder. As the name suggests, it's actually an online audio recording tool. Because there is no tool that meets this demand out-and-out on the market.
It doesn't require installing an extra application but a small launcher. The stunning feature of this tool is adding ID3 tags and manage recorded AAC files in a desirable way. Now, let's see how to use it to online convert Spotify to AAC.
Step 1. Navigate to its official website, and then there is a "Start Recording" button in the middle. Please click it to select the audio source.
Step2. Play Spotify music that you'd like to convert to AAC. And then you can click the 'Start', 'Pause' and 'Stop' option to control the recording process.
Step3. When the process finishes, you can click the 'Show in Folder' tab to locate them.
More Tips: What Is AAC Format
AAC is short for Advanced Audio Coding. As the name suggests, it is a proprietary audio coding standard for lossy digital audio compression. AAC has been standardized by IOS and IEC. AAC is the default or standard audio format for a series of platforms. It includes YouTube, iPhone, iPod, iPad, iTunes, DivX Plus Web Player, PlayStation, and more. It is also compatible with manufacturers of in-dash car audio systems.
As a matter of fact, AAC is designed as the successor of MP3 format that is also lossy format for audio files. But AAC format comes with better sound quality and smaller size than MP3 at the same or similar high bit rate. That's to say, if your music player or device can recognize both audio formats, an AAC file could be a better option.
Now, you can follow the above two ways to convert Spotify to AAC and play Spotify music on all AAC devices.