I'd like to play a Spotify playlist on a CD player but Spotify tracks are encoded in Ogg Vorbis format. They are not fully compatible with a CD player. As far as I know, WAV is a standard and recommended audio format used for creating Audio CDs. It comes with accurate and lossless features. Is there any effective way to convert Spotify to WAV?
There are many tutorials and tricks of converting Spotify to MP3 written by others. But rare solutions focus on how to get a WAV file from Spotify. In fact, there could be a great demand for downloading WAV from Spotify.
Fortunately, it's not a difficult task if you have a Spotify to WAV converter helper. Here, we will introduce the best tools and show detailed guides to do it.
Part 1. Convert Spotify to WAV with Best Spotify to WAV Converter
Speaking of the best Spotify WAV converter, AudFree Spotify Music Converter should be put in the No.1 place. It adopts innovative coding technology to do Spotify format conversion.
It's not only a converter not only a smart Spotify WAV downloader. It empowers users to download Spotify podcasts, playlists, audiobooks, songs, and more. The highlight feature is it can finish the download process even if you are using a free account.
That's to say, it has the ability to convert Spotify to WAV for free without touching original audio files. Apart from supporting output WAV format, it can also convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc. with one click.
After conversion, you can use Spotify WAV downloads in wanted ways without a problem. For example, you can play a Spotify playlist on any device and music player. And you can burn Spotify WAV to CD, and so on.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter
How to Convert Spotify to WAV
To download Spotify WAV files, please install this smart third-party tool on your Mac or Windows computer. Besides, please make sure the Spotify app is well-installed on your computer.
It's also worth mentioning that it's better to buy the full version of this tool to convert Spotify to WAV with free accounts. Otherwise, you can download a one-minute WAV file of each Spotify song. Now, let's see how to get WAV files from Spotify step by step.
- Step 1Import Spotify music/playlist to AudFree software
- Double click the shortcut of this Spotify to WAV downloader to launch it from a computer desktop. It will detect the Spotify app automatically and launch it. You can add Spotify files to this tool by dragging and dropping them to the main interface. Alternatively, you can copy and paste the URL of Spotify music to the search box then press the '+' button. Please be well noted that there is no real-time preview in the Spotify app.
- Step 2Define Spotify output format as WAV
- As we described above, AudFree Spotify Music Converter can support many audio formats. It includes MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A, and M4B. To select the WAV as the output format, please click on the 'Preference' -> 'Convert' option to do that. Besides, if you want to play Spotify WAV files on CD players, you'd better customize audio parameters. You can set the output audio quality as 44.1 kHz and 16-bit stereo.
- Step 3Download and convert Spotify to WAV
- After settings are OK, hit on the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface. This Spotify downloader will automatically download added Spotify to lossless WAV files. Generally, it could work at up to 5X faster-converting speed.
- Video DemoDownload WAV Files from Spotify
- In this video, you can get a more intuitive tutorial to convert Spotify music to WAV files. And then, you will be able to play them offline on WAV compatible devices.
Part 2. How to Convert Spotify to WAV Online
After I did some research, I didn’t find any tools that can directly convert Spotify to WAV online. But if you are still looking for a way to do that, a free audio recorder online can be a nice alternative.
Free Audio Recorder Online is one of them and it's a free tool. As the name suggests, it's a professional audio recorder online, which enables users to capture any sound online. Obviously, it's also available to capture and convert Spotify playlists to WAV files. It doesn't require users to download an extra app but a small Installer to launch the conversion.
It allows you to record Spotify songs to MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4A, and OGG online. Also, this tool lets you add ID3 tags for recorded WAV files. Now, let's see how to use this online tool to get Spotify WAV downloads easily.
Step 1. Navigate to the website. There is a 'Start Recording’ button in the middle of the page. Under the button, there is a 'Download App' option for first-time users to install a small launcher.
Step 2. Click the 'Start Recording' tab, it will let you select the audio source. Please choose the 'System sound' option to record music from Spotify.
Step 3. Start to play Spotify music that you'd like to convert to WAV. At the same time, hit on the 'Start' button to launch the recording mode. When your files are recorded well, please click the 'Stop' icon to finish it.
Congratulations! Now, you can locate Spotify WAV music files on your computer by clicking the 'Open Folder' option. It's time to transfer them to other devices and players for offline playback with ease.
Part 3. FQAs to Convert Spotify to WAV
What Is Spotify Music
Spotify is one of the world's biggest online music streaming services. According to the report of the third quarter of 2020, Spotify had 144 million premium subscribers around the world. It also has a free tier for users to listen to over 50 million songs online. It's compatible with a wide variety of platforms, such as Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS.
What Is WAV Format
Waveform Audio File Format is more commonly known as WAV due to its filename extension. It's one of the most lossless audio file formats for storing an audio bitstream on PCs.
Why We Need to Convert Spotify to WAV
Spotify tracks come with a special Ogg Vorbis format. And they come with built-in Digital Rights Management protection. You can't get songs and playlists out of the Spotify app even if you are a Spotify Premium user.
To make Spotify music available for many devices without losing audio quality, converting Spotify to WAV is a necessary way.
Why Convert Spotify to WAV Instead of MP3
Although it comes with a very large file size, WAV has more advantages compared with the lossy audio format, like MP3. For example, you can record audio as WAV files with different bit rates and sample rates. And these files can be saved in CD-quality audio (44.1 kHz, 16-bit stereo) for burning them to a CD.