Have you met Spotify search not working on Windows 10 mobile app? Didn't you find the 'Spotify Connect' function on Windows Phone 10? Or Spotify Windows Phone not working for no reason? It's well-known that the Spotify for Windows Phone app was under the maintenance mode in 2017. But it's important to be noted that Spotify ended this status in 2019. The direct result of this move is that Spotify is no longer for Windows phones anymore.
Without the Spotify Windows Phone support, can you still play Spotify music on Windows Phones without a problem? If can't but want to get a solution to do this, you can follow the steps in this article.
Part 1. Alternative Way to Play Spotify on Windows Phone
Although you can't find and download Spotify for Windows Phone app on your mobile devices, it's also able to upload local songs to them for playback. That's to say, if you have downloaded Spotify music as local tracks, you can sync Spotify songs to Windows Phones for offline listening.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter is such a tool to make Spotify Windows Phone available again. It gives you the ability to record and download Spotify songs for free offline. At the same time, it supports you to convert them to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, and other Windows Phone compatible files for uploading. It will keep 100% original audio files so that you can enjoy the same listening experience on Windows Phone.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Music to Window Phone
Instead of the Spotify for Windows Phone app, AudFree Spotify Music Converter needs to work with the Spotify desktop app for Windows. So, please make sure you have downloaded it well on your PC. After that, you can refer to the following tutorial to download and transfer Spotify music to Windows Phone.
- Step 1Import Spotify music to AudFree
- When you open the AudFree Spotify to Windows Phone converter, it will activate the Spotify app automatically. It aims to help you add Spotify songs for converting. This smart tool can not only download Spotify playlists but also songs, albums, podcasts, audiobooks on Windows computers. You can copy and paste the Spotify URL to the text address and click the '+' button to load them. Or you can directly drag and drop songs that you'd like to play on Windows Phone to the main interface.
- Step 2Set Spotify output format for Windows Phone
- There is a top menu icon at the top-right corner. Please click it to select the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' button to open the setting window. And then, you can set the output format for Windows Phone that is compatible with WAV, MP3, WMA, AMR, AAC, M4A, and M4B. In this 'Convert' settings, you can also change the bit rate, sample rate, conversion speed, etc.
- Step 3Download Spotify music for Windows Phone
- After you click the 'file' icon to customize the destination folder, please press the big 'Convert' button to do the conversion. AudFree Spotify Music Converter will download and convert added Spotify songs to common files for Windows Phone. By adopting advanced capturing technology, this tool can download Spotify music at 5X faster speed. After conversion, you can navigate to the target folder to locate plain Spotify tracks.
- Step 4Play Spotify music on Windows Phone
- Now, it's time to transfer converted Spotify music to Windows Phone. Please connect your Windows Phone to your computer via the USB cable or WiFi network. And then find the music folder that covers the offline Spotify songs and drag it to the folder of Windows Phone. When the syncing process finishes, you can use any built-in music player to play Spotify music on Windows Phone.
By the way, to use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to convert Spotify music, you don't need to upgrade to the Premium subscription. Besides, the downloaded Spotify files can not only be playable on Windows Phone but also any other mobile device, like Android phones, iPhone, etc.