"Just bought a new Sony Smart TV. The main reason was to stream my Spotify music to my TV. Now I see that Sony smart TV doesn't support the Spotify app. How can I play Spotify on Sony TV wirelessly?" – Question from the Spotify Support Community.
Due to the excellent picture quality and the great sound quality, Sony has been many people's first choice when it comes to TV. However, not until 2017 did Sony TV support Spotify Connect, and then Sony customers were able to enjoy Spotify music on their TVs. Before then, they have to seek all kinds of approaches like using Google Chromecast or other third-party tools.
If you are a new Sony Bravia TV user looking for ways to stream Spotify to Sony Bravia TV, just keep on reading. We are going to introduce how to get Spotify on Sony TV via Spotify Connect, and an alternative solution.
Part 1. Get Spotify to Sony TV via Spotify Connect
Some people might be confused: "Does Sony TV has Spotify?" The answer is NO, consider that there is no Sony TV Spotify integration. Instead of a Sony Smart TV Spotify app, users can use Spotify Connect to play and control the music from the Spotify app on mobile, tablet, or desktop.
Before getting started to play Spotify on Sony TV, there are a few things you need to do:
1. Install the Spotify app on your mobile, tablet, or laptop.
2. Make sure that your Sony TV and mobile devices are under the same Wi-Fi network.
3. A Spotify Premium account is required on some TVs.
If you don't have the Spotify Premium subscription, you can get a Spotify 3-month free trial now.
Steps on How to Stream Spotify on Sony TV via Spotify Connect
Step 1. Open the Spotify app on your mobile device and start to play some music.
Step 2. Click on Devices Available.
Step 3. Select Sony TV and start streaming.
With Spotify on Sony TV, you can now enjoy all the music and podcasts you love with cover art on the big screen surrounded by a high-quality sound effect. Using the TV remote control or your phone, tablet, laptop, you can browse for music your like or control music playback.
Part 2. Better Way to Play Spotify on Sony TV Offline
You may notice from above that the home audio device of some Sony products or operating systems does not support the Spotify Connect feature. To be more specific, only the Sony Bravia HDR and OLED Smart TV series that run Android TV Web OS support Spotify. Therefore, we are here to provide you with a better way to play Spotify on Sony TV without a Premium subscription.
Firstly, you will need a laptop and the AudFree Spotify Music Converter. It is a professional software designed to solve all kinds of Spotify music streaming problems. This powerful tool is capable of downloading Spotify music at high speed with zero quality loss, and meanwhile preserving all the ID3 tag information such as title, genre, year, album cover, etc. This way, when you listen to Spotify on any Sony TV offline, you can view the cover art on the big screen.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter is both available on Windows and Mac OS, and you can download the free trial version to download one minute of each track with a Spotify free account.
- Step 1Import Spotify songs/playlists to AudFree
- Launch AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your desktop, and you can directly drag and drop songs/albums/playlists from Spotify to AudFree's main interface. Or you can import Spotify files to AudFree by copying and pasting the URL of Spotify music to the address box of AudFree.
- Step 2Customize output format and other parameters
- Here, you can choose the Spotify output format as MP3, WMA, or AAC which are compatible formats for Sony TV. Additionnally, you can adjust other audio parameters including bit rate, sample rate, audio channel as you like.
- Step 3Download Spotify music for Sony TV
- Now, you can click the Convert button at the main interface to start the downloading. Once the process is done, all downloaded Spotify music will be saved in the local folder on your computer.
- Step 4Transfer local Spotify music to Sony TV
- The final step is to connect your laptop to Sony TV and put all the downloaded Spotify songs into Sony TV. Alternatively, you can transfer Spotify music to USB and then plug it into Sony TV. Then you can use the TV remote to play them offline with a build-in media player and all the information of Spotify music will be displayed on the screen.
Part 3. To Sum Up
We have introduced two most effective ways to get Spotify on Sony TV, which are using Spotify Connect between devices or using AudFree Spotify Music Converter for offline playback. You can choose either way to enjoy Spotify music on your Sony TV according to your needs. If you are looking for various solutions to do it, there are 3 more ways introduced in this article: Play Spotify on Smart TV.