SpotifyTube used to be a popular all-in-one Spotify Music Downloader and Spotify to MP3 online Converter for quite a long time. This third-party website has helped numerous Spotify music lovers download their favorite music with just a free Spotify account. No app or Premium account needed, and users were able to convert Spotify to MP3 online.
However, many have already noticed that this website disappeared all of a sudden. If you go to SpotifyTube online website, you will be redirected to a totally irrelevant page. Though SpotifyTube is no longer available, we are here to recommend a great SpotifyTube alternative that enables you to perform the same functions or even better. A detailed tutorial on how to convert Spotify to MP3 will be included as well.
Part 1. Best SpotifyTube Alternative Recommended
Back in the days when SpotifyTube still functioned, users could simply copy and paste the Spotify playlist URL to the search bar of this Spotify playlist downloader online or directly search for a song/artist/album on it. It was also possible to sign in with your Spotify account so that SpotifyTube can have access to your favorite Spotify music directly. The Spotify alternative which we are going to recommend shares many similarities with Spotify tube, however differs in audio quality and other aspects.
Here we meet AudFree Spotify Music Downloader, a brilliant Spotify downloader that assists users in downloading Spotify music at high speed and meanwhile converting them to 6 common audio formats, available for any media players or devices. You get to play Spotify music for offline listening anytime and anywhere without limitations.
Same as SpotifyTube, AudFree Spotify Music Downloader allows you to download all Spotify content with a Spotify free account, but what's better is that this tool is capable of capturing the original sound quality with zero loss. Additionally, it is intelligent enough to detect all the ID3 Tag metadata like title, genre, year, album cover, etc. and embed them all in the downloaded Spotify music files.
Highlight Features of AudFree Spotify Music Downloader
This free Spotify downloader is available on both Windows and Mac computer and lets you download one minute of each Spotify songs or podcast with full access to other functionalities, so you will be able to use Spotify as alarm or ringtone.
Part 2. How to Download and Convert Spotify to MP3 – Step by Step
Having installed the AudFree Spotify Music Downloader on your computer, please make sure you have the Spotify desktop app installed as well. Now let's take a look at how to use this Spotify alternative solution to convert Spotify to MP3 with ease.
- Step 1Import Spotify music into AudFree
- Double-click to run the AudFree Spotify Music Downloader on your computer and the Spotify app will launch automatically. Then select the tracks, albums, or playlists you like in the Spotify app. Same as SpotifyTube, you can copy and paste the Spotify URL to the search bar in AudFree's main interface. For your convenience, you can also simply drag and drop it from Spotify to AudFree. Now click the "+" button to load all the Spotify music you want to download into AudFree Spotify Music Downloader.
- Step 2 Set output format of Spotify songs
- Go to the upper-right corner of AudFree's main interface, tap Menu > Preferences > Convert. Here you can set ouput format as MP3 for Spotify songs and customize your personalized songs by setting the channel, bit rate and sample rate. In addition, you can set the speed as 1x for a more stable conversion process. What's more, AudFree Spotify Music Downloader for Windows version provides you with the option to sort the output tracks by artist or album automatically, so you won't need to organize your music manually.
- Step 3 Start to download Spotify to MP3
When all settings are done, please tap on the icon "Convert" to activate the conversion. A few moments later, you will get the downloaded Spotify music files in MP3. To locate them on your computer, just click the "Converted" button, and all the converted Spotify songs will be listed in the newly pop-up window. Select one track and tap on the little magnifying glass icon to open them output folder on your computer.
Spotify supports to add local files to Spotfiy app for offline playback, so there will be no difference from using the Spotify Premium account after you import and play these local Spotify music files in in the Spotify app, considering that all the metadata are kept.
Part 3. In Conclusion
As an excellent SpotifyTube alternative, AudFree Spotify Music Downloader offers you more possibilities. With the downloaded Spotify music files forever kept on your computer, you will be able to do whatever you want with them as long as it's for personal use only. For example, you can insert Spotify music to video as background music, or add Spotify songs to Serato DJ software to create your own DJ hits. Just use your imagination, and have fun playing around Spotify music limitlessly.