AllToMP3 is open-source software that enables users to download music from YouTube, SoundCloud, Spotify, and Deezer and convert them in 256kbps MP3, as you can tell from the name. AllToMP3 is a desktop application available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
However, users found that AllToMP3 not working from time to time. So in this article, we will focus on a Spotify AllToMP3 alternative to help you download Spotify to MP3, considering that Spotify is now the largest music streaming service with over 60 million songs and should be enough for most users.
Part 1. AllToMP3 Review: Why We Need Alternative to AllToMP3
We can find dozens of online converters that can help us convert Spotify to MP3 which is regarded as the most popular audio format. Among all these converters, AllToMP3 stands out as it's totally free and easy-to-use. Additionally, one great advantage that AllToMP3 has over other converters is that it's smart enough to detect and keep tags such as title, artist, genre, so forth.
Visit alltomp3.org to download and install the AllToMP3 software. Simply find the Spotify songs you'd like to download from the Spotify Web Player or the Spotify desktop app, right-click on it to copy its URL, and paste it to the search box of AllToMP3. Hit 'Enter' to start the download/conversion procedure and when it's complete, you can play the downloaded MP3 directly from the app.
Despite all the benefits you can get using AllToMP3, it also has some disadvantages. To give you a clearer and better understanding of this free tool, we have tested AllToMP3 and listed its Pros&Cons respectively.
1. Totally free, easy-to-use, and supports Windows/Mac/Linux
2. Download music from 4 music streaming services to MP3
3. Save in 256kbps MP3 with lyrics, tags, album art preserved
4. Supported languages: English, Arabic, Finnish, Japanese, Russian
1. Unstable real-time conversion that could make your computer hung up
2. Audio quality loss during the conversion process
3. Software sometimes crashes before downloading
Part 2. Best AllToMP3 Spotify Alternative Recommended
Here we meet AudFree Spotify to MP3 Converter, a professional software designed to help users download all Spotify contents with original music quality preserved. Don't be fooled by its name, this powerful tool can not only convert Spotify to MP3, but also to FLAC, AAC, M4A, M4B, and WAV at 5X speed. Similarly to AllToMP3, AudFree Spotify to MP3 Converter can keep all ID3 tags information within the downloaded music files.
Besides the high converting speed, a wide range of output formats, AudFree Spotify to MP3 Converter also allows users to customize output Spotify music by selecting the audio channel, sample rate from 8000Hz to 48,000Hz, and bit rate from 8kbps to 320kbps. No Spotify Premium account is needed, and you can download Spotify music to MP3 easily. AudFree Spotify to MP3 Converter offers a free trial version for Mac and Windows.
Part 3. How to Use AllToMP3 Alternative to Convert Spotify to MP3
In the part, we will show you how to use AudFree Spotify to MP3 Converter step by step. Before getting started, make sure you have downloaded the Spotify desktop app as well. Here we use this alternative to AllToMP3 Mac version as a display.
- Step 1Import Spotify music to AudFree
- There are two ways for you to import Spotify music to AudFree to MP3 Converter. You can either directly drag and drop music from Spotify app to AudFree's interface, or copy and paste the Spotify URL to the search box of AudFree software. Then click the '+' button to load them all into AudFree at once.
- Step 2Choose MP3 as output format for Spotify music
- Navigate to the menu bar of your Mac computer and click 'AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Mac' > 'Preferences' to open the setting window. Windows users can go to the upper-right corner of AudFree interface to find the Menu icon. In this newly pop-up window, you can select output format as MP3 or customize other parameters according to your needs.
- Step 3Start the Spotify music download/conversion
- When all settings are saved, please hit the big 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner and AudFree Spotify to MP3 Converter will start and complete the download/conversion procedure at the same time. After it finishes, you can locate all the downloaded Spotify MP3 tracks from the converted history list.
Conclusion: If you've read this far, then you have a better understanding of this AllToMP3 alternative we recommend here and know how to use it to convert Spotify to MP3. If you are looking for a web recorder or professional software that can download music from all sources to MP3, please refer to this article here: Top 5 Spotify Recorder Recommended.