I have purchased Apple's HomePod to listen to music with my family in our own house. But I didn't realize that this smart speaker can't support third-party voice commends but for Apple Music. So, I would like to switch to Apple Music from Spotify. Before subscribing Apple Music, I wonder to know is there any way to export Spotify playlist to Apple Music?
According to The Wall Street Journal, Apple Music recently has surpassed Spotify's paid subscribers in the US. More and more people would like to transfer Spotify to Apple Music just like the person we described above for some reasons. But the most troublesome thing switching one music streaming service to the other could be that how to sync the big whole music library easily. So, today we are here to show you the effective solutions to make 'Spotify to Apple Music' available on mobile and desktop.
Part 1. Convert Spotify Playlist to Apple Music on Android/iOS
When it comes to transferring your Spotify playlists over to Apple Music on mobile devices, using a third-party application could be a great way to make the transition slightly easier. Fortunately, there are a few such software in the market, such as Stamp, SongShift, Houdini or Tune My Music which is specialized in moving Spotify playlist to Apple Music on Android or iOS device.
Here, we will take SongShift as example to show you the detailed steps of finishing the process from Spotify to Apple Music. Although it's also available for iOS device, it can support a wide variety of music streaming services, like Deezer, Tidal, YouTube, Pandora, LastFM, Discogs, etc.
Step 1. Install SongShift on your iOS device and open it to click on the 'Begin New Shift' to get started.
Step 2. Select 'Spotify' as source and then 'Apple Music' as the destination source in the 'available services' section. You'll need to give the app access to each music service.
Step 3. Choose 'Spotify' -> the specific playlist you want to transfer -> Apple Music option, Spotify songs will be added to an existing playlist in Apple Music or you can create a new one.
Note: SongShift allows users to transfer up to 100 songs for free. But if you would like to transfer more, you are required to pay $3.99.
Part 2. Import Spotify Playlist to Apple Music on Mac/Windows
There is no gainsaying that SongShift is a magic way to migrate Spotify to Apple Music without touching anything on your computer. But it's important to note that SongShift doesn't actually build playlist from Spotify in iTunes, but adds the song list to My Music section instead. If you would like to switch true Spotify songs to Apple Music on computer, please read on this article to get the answer.
Apple Music enables users to create new playlist to upload own local song files. So, all we need to do is downloading Spotify music to local folder on computer. You might have already known that you can get the Spotify cache files via the 'Offline Mode' on Spotify app. To download Spotify playlist offline, we need to get help from AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Windows and Mac, which can help free and paid user download Spotify songs to Apple Music compatible audio format on your computer. After conversion, you can transfer playlist from Spotify to Apple Music effortlessly.
AudFree Spotify Music Downloader
- Step 1Import Spotify playlists to AudFree
- You can import Spotify playlist to AudFree Spotify music downloader by dragging and dropping music or playlist from Spotify app to conversion window of AudFree. Alternatively, you can directly copy and paste the URL of the Spotify tracks to AudFree's search box and then press '+' button to confirm it.
- Step 2Customize output audio parameters (optional)
- AudFree software supports MP3, FLAC, M4A, AAC, M4A, and M4B, you can choose the target one as output format. Since iTunes/Apple Music is fully compatible with M4A format, we highly recommend you to define output format as M4A. Besides, you can also customize output audio quality as you like.
- Step 3Download Spotify playlist to local folder on computer
- When you simply click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface, AudFree Spotify Music Converter will automatically download and convert Spotify music to Apple Music supported files. Note: With the free version, there is a one-minute time limitation and you need to pay for the full version to break the lock.
- Step 4Import downloaded playlist to iCloud Music library
- To copy Spotify to Apple Music, you need to use iTunes as the bridge. Launch iTunes, you need to click File -> Add File to Library' option to upload Spotify local playlists to iTunes. And then you can hit on the '...' icon and choose the menu 'Add to My Music' to import Spotify playlist to iCloud Music Library. When all setting done, you can access to Spotify library via Apple Music app on mobile device and computer without limitation.
Part 3. Conclusion & Suggestion
Both solutions we discussed above can make it possible to transfer Spotify playlist to Apple Music. But Spotify and Apple Music are using totally different technology and process to move to Apple Music from Spotify. If you only would like to import playlist from Spotify to Apple Music, AudFree Spotify Music Converter seems a nice choice. But if you are looking for an all-in-one streaming music transfer, SongShift could be better.
Have you found some other easy-to-use yet professional tools to switch Spotify to Apple Music? Just share with us in the common area as below.