Transferring songs between two platforms couldn't be too difficult but also not a too easy task. Have you met the situation that you need to transfer music from one music service to another? Today, we will focus on Amazon Music and the iTunes library.
How to transfer Amazon Music to iTunes or import iTunes playlists to Amazon Music? It's happy to be noted that there are 2 effective ways to download Amazon Music to iTunes. And there is a solution to achieve the latter demand. Now, you can refer to the below step-by-step tutorials to do these with ease.
Part 1. How to Download Amazon Music to iTunes via Amazon Music App
Amazon enables users to export downloaded Amazon Music files to other media players directly. Fortunately, iTunes is one of them. That's to say, the only required tool to download Amazon Music to iTunes is its Amazon Music desktop app. (There is no 'Download' icon in the official Amazon Music Web Player.)
Before getting started to follow the below solution, please make sure you have installed it on the computer in advance. Let's see how it works.
Step 1. Launch Amazon Music app on your computer and fill in your Amazon account details.
Step 2. Discover the music and playlists that you'd like to export to iTunes. Click the 'Download' icon to download Amazon Music to your computer firstly.
Step 3. Next, please open the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the main interface. And hit on the 'Settings' option to open the setting window.
Step 4. Click the 'Export Downloads to' > 'iTunes' option. And then all downloaded Amazon Music songs will be transferred to iTunes automatically.
Notes: If there is no option for the 'iTunes' app on your Mac computer, please do the following steps. Launch the iTunes app and navigate to the 'Preferences' > 'Advanced' button. Please check the mark of 'Share iTunes Library XML with other applications. And then refer to the above steps to download music from Amazon to iTunes successfully.
Part 2. How to Transfer Amazon Music to iTunes Library Directly
It's well-known that iTunes supports adding local files to its music library directly. So, this way is to get help from the iTunes app. To transfer Amazon Music to iTunes, the first thing you need to do is to download Amazon Music to local files on your computer.
The Amazon Music files you download via the Amazon Music app are cache files. It's even not able to locate them on your computer. Thus, it's necessary to draw support from the third-party tool, AudFree Amazon Music Converter. It has the ability to convert Amazon Music to iTunes compatible audio files.
It can convert Amazon Music and Prime Music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, and other audio formats at 5X faster speed. The stunning feature of this software is no need to install the Amazon Music app. It can directly transfer music from Amazon Music to iTunes via the built-in Amazon Music web player.
It's worth mentioning that this tool is available for all Amazon Music users. No matter using a free, Unlimited, HD, or Prime membership, you can add Amazon Music to iTunes without restrictions.
How to Convert Amazon Music to iTunes Supported Files
- Step 1Fire up AudFree Amazon Music Converter
- Double-click the short icon of this AudFree tool to launch it from the desktop. It will pop up a clean and easy-to-use interface with an Amazon Music Web Player. Now, please log in to your Amazon account. If you don't have it, please create a new one.
- Step 2Adjust Amazon Music format for iTunes
- iTunes allows users to import music encoded in MP3, AAC, M4A, and more. To make Amazon Music and iTunes compatible, please define the Amazon Music output parameters according to iTunes. Tap the top-right menu from its toolbar to select the 'Preferences' > 'Advanced' option. In the new window, you can set the output format of Amazon Music playlists to MP3. Or, you can also do some other customization.
- Step 3Add Amazon Music for download to iTunes
- Browse Amazon Music playlists in the built-in web player. Once found, please click on it, you will see the '+' button is available to work. Press it and start to select certain Amazon Music songs to convert for iTunes.
- Step 4Convert Amazon Music to iTunes supported tracks
- The last step is to hit on the 'Convert' button. AudFree Amazon Music Converter will download and convert Amazon Music to target audio tracks you set before. In general, the conversion speed depends on the network speed. It's time to transfer Amazon MP3 to iTunes by following the below steps.
How to Move Amazon Music to iTunes
Step 1. Install and open the iTunes app on your computer.
Step 2. Please choose 'Music' from the navigation catalog bar in the main window.
Step 3. You need to choose 'File' > 'Add File to Library' from the top menu bar to scan all music folders on your computer.
Step 4. Once you locate Amazon Music download folder, please open it and start to select favorite songs to add to iTunes library for listening.
That's all to move Amazon Music to iTunes. Now, you are free to sync Amazon Music with iTunes on supported devices.
Part 3. How to Import iTunes Playlist to Amazon Music
By following the above two workarounds, you can put Amazon Music on iTunes. And then, what should you do if you would like to transfer music from iTunes to Amazon Music? Is there a way to transfer Apple Music to Amazon Music for offline playback?
Sorry but important to notice that music purchased from iTunes before 2009 and Apple Music are M4P files under protection. This audio format is not available in the supported audio files by Amazon Music. It is only compatible with unprotected MP3 and M4A formats.
The good news is that there is a professional Apple Music converter, called AudFree Audio Converter. It can unlock Apple Music and iTunes M4P music files. Without a doubt, it can convert them to MP3 and M4A that can be recognized by Amazon Music.
If you are interested in this topic as well, you can read on to get the complete guide. Let's get started to transfer iTunes to Amazon Music.
- Step 1Add music from iTunes to AudFree software
- AudFree Audio Converter is available for both Mac and Windows operating systems. You can choose the right version to install it. After installment, please double click the shortcut icon of AudFree to launch it. Hit on the first 'Add Files' button to load Apple Music files from the iTunes library.
- Step 2Convert iTunes music to MP3/M4A
- Click the 'audio' icon to customize the output format and other audio parameters. The last step is to click the 'Convert' button to convert Apple Music as audio files you set before. For the detailed tutorial, please visit this source page: How to Convert Apple Music to MP3.
- Step 3Import iTunes playlist to Amazon Music app
- It's time to transfer iTunes music to Amazon Music. Amazon supports uploading up to 250 songs at no cost. For more, please subscribe to Amazon Premium Music or Unlimited Music plan. You can drag and drop them into the Upload option under Actions. Alternatively, you can choose the My Music > Songs > Offline > Upload icon to import iTunes playlists to Amazon Music app.