"I subscribe to Tidal HiFi to enjoy high-quality music listening. But I usually use iTunes to manage and control my music library. I'd like to put my all music in one place for a better music collection. Does anybody know how to download music from Tidal to iTunes?"
There are over 50 million songs on iTunes and more than 60 million tracks on Tidal. Both of them provide some exclusive songs, albums, playlists on their respective platforms. With iTunes and Tidal, you can find and listen to your favorite songs and playlists.
There is no doubt that putting the files together will be more convenient to play. Since iTunes allows users to upload local files to its library, the easy way is to transfer Tidal music to iTunes. Today, we will share a professional tool and a detailed tutorial with you to achieve this goal.
Part 1. Best Tool to Transfer Tidal Music to iTunes
We need to declare that you can't download Tidal music to iTunes in a direct way. If you are not familiar with Tidal, you may still puzzle why you can't do that. Let's explain firstly.
Like other streaming services, Tidal files are under the protection of music copyright. Streams you download from Tidal are cache files, you can't locate them on your device. In this case, you can't transfer and play them on other music platforms. That is to say, you can't upload Tidal music to iTunes though the feature of "Add files to Library".
To figure out this problem, what you need in urgent is a Tidal to iTunes converter. It can download Tidal songs to the computer so that you can add local Tidal files to iTunes.
Here we can meet AudFree Tidal Music Converter. It's dedicated to doing Tidal songs downloads and conversions with 0% quality loss. It's capable to convert Tidal tracks to MP3, M4A, WAV, AAC, FLAC, and other formats. Moreover, the original ID3 tags and metadata will be saved well, including title, cover, artist, album, track number, and more.
With the help of this advanced tool, you can download playlists and tracks from Tidal to iTunes with ease.
Part 2. How to Download Music from Tidal to iTunes
If you are interested in how this software works, please read the following guide. You will know how to use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to download Tidal music. Also, the following section covers the steps to import iTunes files to the iTunes library.
Before getting started, please install the free trial version of this smart tool. It has a limitation of conversion time. After you test this software, you can purchase the full version to unlock it.
- Step 1Drag/ Paste Tidal tracks to AudFree Tidal converter
Launch AudFree Tidal Music Converter and the Tidal app will be run automatically. After that, enter your Tidal account. You can browse the store to find whatever streams you would like to download to iTunes. Then, it is supported to copy and paste the URL of Tidal tracks to load songs to the AudFree page.
Note: Make sure your Tidal desktop client is the web version. The Windows Store version does not match with AudFree Tidal Converter at present.
- Step 2Customize Tidal output format and other parameters
- On the Windows version, you have to choose the "menu" icon of the user interface. On the Mac version, you need to hit the "AudFree Tidal Music Converter" option from the Apple menu bar. Next, select "Preferences" > "Convert" button. Later, a new window will show up, it enables you to define output format as iTunes compatible format. Also, you can customize Tidal music quality by setting the bit rate, sample rate, audio codec.
- Step 3Download music from Tidal to iTunes supported files
- Once the adjustment is saved, you can click the 'Convert' bar at the right-bottom corner of the main window. It will get down to downloading and converting Tidal files to the target format for iTunes at 5X faster speed.
- Step 4Upload converted Tidal music to iTunes Library
- Now, locate the target folder on your computer. Then upload these local Tidal files to iTunes Library in these 2 methods:
- Method 1: Directly drag and drop the converted Tidal audio file or folder to the iTunes window.
- Method 2: Simply click "menu bar" > "Files" > "Add File to Library"/ "Add Folder to Library" to add Tidal music to iTunes.
- Video DemoDownload Music from Tidal to iTunes
Part 3. Benefits to Download Tidal Music to iTunes
y following the above complete tutorial, it's easy to put Tidal and iTunes music together. Apart from music collection, what are the other benefits of downloading music from Tidal to iTunes?
* 1. Burn Tidal music to CD for playing on CD players.
* 2. Make Tidal music as an iPhone ringtone to set an exclusive ringtone.
* 3. Play Tidal music on other devices supported the iTunes but not the Tidal app.
* 4. Listen to Tidal music offline even without the Tidal HiFi or Premium account.
* 5. Share Tidal songs stored in the iTunes library wirelessly via the 'Home Sharing' function.
Don't hesitate to upload music from Tidal to iTunes to get the above benefits.