LG's 2019 and afterward smart TVs support Apple AirPlay 2, which allows users to project content from their iOS devices or MacOS directly to an LG TV. Users can also play music on LG TV and sync it with other AirPlay 2 compatible speakers in the home.
If you have an Apple Music subscription, it would be easy for you to play Apple Music on LG TV. However, for those customers who possess an LG Smart TV early before 2019, there is not yet a direct way to stream Apple Music to LG TV. So in this article, we will introduce two effective ways to get Apple Music on LG 2019 TV and some older models respectively.
Part 1. How to Stream Apple Music to LG TV via AirPlay
In September this year, LG launched an integrated Amazon Music app for the OLED, NanoCell, and smart LCD TVs produced between 2016 and 2020 for LG TV owners. This is good news for Amazon Music subscribers, but what are the other LG smart TV music apps available? Well, there aren't many options. But don't worry. We can still stream music to LG smart TV 2019 models, and now let's take a look at how to do that.
Supported devices: iPhone 4 or above, iPad or iPad Mini, iPod Touch 4th generation or above.
Step 1. Make sure that your LG TV and iOS devices are connected under the same WiFi network.
Step 2. Press the 'Home' button on your TV remote control to open the LG menu. Go to 'Home Dashboard' and open AirPlay menu. Enter and make sure your AirPlay is turned on.
Step 3. Swipe up from the bottom of your iOS device to access Control Center and tap on 'Screen Mirroring' to choose your LG TV. A code will show up on your LG TV and enter it on your phone to pair.
Step 4. Now go to Apple Music on your iOS device and start streaming music to your TV. Next time you want to stream Apple Music to LG TV, you don't have to repeat the 3 steps above. You can directly start playing Apple Music on your phone and press the AirPlay icon and select LG TV.
It is also possible to cast Apple Music to LG TV via AirPlay 2 from a Mac computer, which shares similar steps as above.
Part 2. How to Play Apple Music on LG TV All Models Offline
Now let's move on to how to have Apple Music LG TV stream on older models that don't support Apple Airplay. Since LG TV supports importing local songs for playback so that we can download the Apple Music to local files and transfer them to your TV. However, one difficulty is that all Apple Music are encrypted in M4P format, readable by Apple only. So how are we going to make it available on LG TV?
With the help of a powerful tool - AudFree Apple Music Converter, you are able to solve the problem effortlessly. It's an all-in-one tool that can convert protected Apple Music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc. without touching original audio quality at high speed. It is also capable of remaining all the original ID3 tag information such as artist, title, album art within the converted music files. After conversion, you get to enjoy Apple Music on LG TV offline.
AudFree Apple Music Converter offers a free trial for Mac and Windows users. When you install it on your computer, you need the iTunes desktop app or Music app on macOS Catalina 10.15.
- Step 1Import Apple Music to AudFree
- Before getting started, please download the songs you wish to convert within iTunes or the Music app. Then launch AudFree Apple Music Converter from desktop, and click the first 'Load iTunes library' button from bottom-left corner. Once selected the songs, tap 'Add' to load Apple Music to AudFree software.
- Step 2Adjust output settings for LG TV
- To get plain audio files from Apple Music using AudFree Apple Music Converter, please click the 'audio' icon from bottom-right to open the setting window, in which you can define output format as MP3 and AAC, compatible for LG TV. Here, you can also customize other audio parameters including bit rate, sample rate, audio codec, and channel in accordance to your needs.
- Step 3Start to convert Apple Music for LG TV
- Before converting Apple Music files, you can touch the 'edit' button at each added Apple Music track to personalize ID3 tags. When all settings are ready, please simply hit on the 'Convert' button at the main interface to launch converting process, AudFree software works at 30X faster speed.
- Step 4Play Apple Music on LG TV offline
- The final step is to transfer converted Apple Music to a USB and plug it into the USB port on the side of your LG Smart TV.
Now, you can enjoy Apple Music on LG TV offline. This way helps you make full use of your Apple Music subscription.