Q:"Does anyone know how to play Apple Music on an Android TV? I have an Nvidia Shield TV and Apple Music subscription. But I don't know how to get my Apple Music playback on it since I can't find the app store to download the Apple Music app. Many thanks!"
Well, I guess you are a fresh user of Apple's products. If you are very familiar with Apple company, you will soon know that Apple is not cross-platform friendly, and it could be a miracle to find any compatible app from Apple for the Android system.
But it doesn't mean that you can't listen to Apple Music on Android TV. In this article, I am going to give you detailed instructions to sideload Apple Music to Android TV with a few simple steps.
Part 1. How to Install Apple Music on Android TV
Although the Apple App store doesn't exist in Android TVs, such as Nvidia MI Box, Shield TV, and so forth, it is available for you to find Apple Music from Google Play Store. Just search for it and install Apple Music on Android TV. Then you can log in to your Apple account to access the entire Apple Music catalog and library.
Or you can stream Apple Music to Android TV with Chromecast. Here, I will give you a brief guide to cast Apple Music to Android TV through Chromecast connected.
Step 1. Confirm that your Chromecast, Android TV and smartphone are all linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 2. Launch Apple Music and start playing songs on the phone.
Step 3. Click the song which is playing from the bottom of the screen. Then open Now Playing page.
Step 4. Choose the Cast icon> Cast to Living Room TV.
Tips: You are also supported to find and hit the Cast button from the top field in the Apple Music app before start music playback.
Part 2. How to Cast Apple Music to Android TV without Limits
The method mentioned above is convenient to play Apple Music on Android TV, but there are still some limits that you should not ignore. For example, you are not allowed to upload the local music file to Apple Music from the Android device. Besides, you can't use Google Voice Assistant or Siri to control music playback from phone to Android TV. Therefore, I am going to share the ultimate guide to help you clear away for perfect music playback. To use this method, you need support from a third-party tool called AudFree Audio Converter, which is specially designed to download Apple songs locally and convert Apple Music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, and different common formats.
Absorbing the latest technical ability, this intelligent software can save 100% raw metadata. In this way, output quality is almost the same as the original tracks, providing you the most authentic auditory experience. Besides, you can find complete ID3 tags such as title, artist, album, etc. in the converted file, which helps you to manage the local library with less trouble.
In addition, without the upper limits of adding tracks, this smart tool is capable of converting the entire Apple library in one time at an amazing 30X faster speed. Other than being suitable for Apple Music conversion, AudFree Audio Converter is perfectly compatible with Audible, letting you download Audible audiobook for offline playback.
Part 3. How Can I Sideload Apple Music to Android TV?
- Step 1Import Apple songs and playlists to AudFree
- Download and install AudFree Audio Converter. Then the Apple Music app will open simultaneously and automatically. Next, please select what you would like to download in the Apple Music app. Please don't forget to download it from the Apple Music library. Later, just click to the first Load Library icon on the left corner of AudFree to import songs.
- Step 2Reset output settings for Android TV
- Now please go to the AudFree Audio Converter tab from the system's menu bar on the Mac computer. Or please hit the menu icon from the top right corner of AudFree's main interface on the Windows machine. Then open Format Settings by clicking the format icon that next to the big Convert bar. Here, you can customize the output settings by changing the displayed parameters.
- Step 3Convert Apple tracks for Android TV
- Simply check to the big Convert button to start conversion. The time of conversion depends on how many songs you added. When the converting phase stops, an obvious prompt will be shown on the screen. Please follow it to direct to the local folder where all converted Apple streams saved.
- Step 4Import Apple Music to Android TV
- Now we come to the final step. There are 2 methods for you to add Apple Music songs to Android TV.
- Usually, you can find several USB ports on Android TV boxes. Just copy your local Apple music to the USB drive and then insert it to your Android TV.
- It is available to stream apple music to Google Play for music playback on Android TV. Besides, it is much easier for you to access and manage all music files through the Google Play app on Android TV.
Stream Local Audios via USB Drive
Upload Local Tracks to Google Play