Mixxx is a free and easy-to-use DJ mixing software for DJing beginners. It supports almost all sound cards from different operating systems, like Windows, macOS, and Linux. Most common audio formats are compatible with Mixxx such as MP3, Vorbis, Opus, AIFF, and FLAC.
How about editing M4P Apple Music in Mixxx DJ software? In many DJ communities, people have been always keen on discussing how to add Apple Music playlists to Mixxx. If you are interested in this topic and still looking for a solution, well, here is the right place for you. In this article, you will find a brand-new method to import Apple Music to Mixxx with a few clicks.
Part 1. Import Apple Music to Mixxx: Required Tool
To begin with, you need to learn about why you can't stream music files from Apple Music library to Mixxx. If you have tried to load other popular streaming services to Mixxx, you will know that is a common circumstance in streaming music services. In order to protect the copyright of the song, every track downloaded from streaming services is protected. Apple Music is in the same situation.
But there is an exception. The songs you bought from Apple Music are unprotected, which can be added to Mixxx DJ directly. If you have subscribed to Apple Music, and don't want to pay an additional charge of audio copyrights, here is a workaround to help you.
What you need is a music converting tool name AudFree Apple Music Converter. Tailored for Apple Music, this smart tool supports to download and convert Apple Music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, and multiple common formats. In this way, Apple Music subscribers can easily download Apple songs as local music files without paying extra-large money.
Utilizing the top converting technology, this intelligent software enables every converted track to keep 100% lossless quality and 100% complete metadata, including titles, albums, artists and so on. These ID3 tags can bring you great convenience to organize the music library, helping you quickly find which song you need when using Mixxx.
Part 2. How to Use Apple Music to Mixxx: Detailed Process
Please choose the correct version of AudFree Audio Converter from the upper download button. In the trial version, there is a 1-min conversion for each song. In the registered version, every user can batch convert the whole playlist. Now I will pick the registered version as an example, to show you how to download Apple playlists as unprotected files.
- Step 1Stream Apple tracks, albums or playlists to AudFree
- Open AudFree Apple Audio Converter on your computer. The Apple Music app will automatically open. Next, go to browse and select songs in the Apple Music app. Then download those tracks into your Apple Music Library. Later, please tap on the first "Load Library" icon from the left corner of the main interface. Choose the tracks or playlist that you would like to download. Wait for a few seconds until the selected objects are loaded into AudFree.
- Step 2Reset output formats and quality for Mixxx
- If you are using macOS, please direct it to the top left corner of the whole screen. Then find the "AudFree Audio Converter" option from Mac's menu bar. If you are using Windows, please directly click the first "Format" icon from the lower right side of AudFree's home screen. Format Settings will pop out. Now you can change the output parameters by checking the drop-down arrow of each option. Don't forget to click "Save" to commit the results.
- Tips: To be usable on Mixxx, please choose MP3 or FLAC as the output formats.
- Step 3Covert and download Apple tracks for Mixxx
- Now you can start to convert the protected Apple music files. Simply press on the big "Convert" bar to start converting. The converting process will last for some time, depending on how many streams you added. When the task is accomplished, a red spot will flicker on the "History" icon. Please hit it to navigate to the "Converted" directory. All converted Apple songs are stored in there.
- Step 4Import Apple Music playlists to Mixxx from the local folder
- Open Mixxx on your desktop. If this is the first time you use Mixxx, it will scan and import your music folders automatically. If not, please find and hit "Add" to locate the "Converted" folder. Or find the directory from the library > Computer sidebar item. Mixxx will monitor this directory and its subdirectories to load new tracks. You can link several music folders to Mixxx. Then just directly drag the track to the waveform display to add it into a deck.
- Tips: If the linked directory is accidentally moved, you can choose "Relink" to locate the music folder and create a new connection with it.