PS4, also known as PlayStation 4, is a popular home video game console developed by Sony. Apart from playing games, one of the most well known features of PS4 is its ability to play movies and music thanks to the built-in "Media Player" app. It would be easier if you are Spotify music subscriber as Spotify is the default music service within PS4. In this case, you can listen to Spotify streaming songs in the background while playing the game.
As for now, PS4 doesn't natively support other streaming music services yet, such as Apple Music. Luckily, there are some alternative ways to help you get Apple Music to PS4 nevertheless. We'll introduce two of the best solutions to stream Apple Music to PlayStation 4 with ease.
Method 1. Download Apple Music to PS4 from USB Drive
As PS4 allows us to sync local music tracks from USB, you may wonder why can't we just transfer the Apple Music songs to USB and connect them to PS4 like we do with other local songs? That's only half true, though. Because before we can get Apple Music songs to USB drive, we need to firstly convert the songs to a more widely used format with the help of some third-party music converter. Why?
As a matter of fact, Apple Music songs are different with the common songs we got online. They are protected by DRM (digital rights management) and encrypted in a special format called M4P which can only be supported by authorized devices. Because of the DRM, you'll get 'file format not supported' error when moving the Apple Music M4P songs to USB drive or other devices. Therefore, in order to upload Apple Music to PS4 via USB, you should find a way to have the DRM removed from Apple Music.
Convert Apple Music to PS4: Best Tool You'll Need
To solve the problem better, you should try AudFree Apple Music Converter, which is dedicated to helping you completely removing DRM from Apple Music while converting the DRM M4P songs to MP3, WAV, AAC, etc. It can keep the original music quality and ID3 tags in output files. In addition to Apple Music, it also works with other audio types, such as iTunes songs & audiobooks, Audible audiobooks and more.
Complete Tutorial to Convert & Sync Apple Music to PS4 via USB
Now in the following part, we'll show you the steps to convert Apple Music to DRM-free formats, transfer them to USB drive, and stream the songs to PlayStation 4 from USB.
- Step 1Import offline Apple Music songs to AudFree
- After installing AudFree DRM Audio Converter on your Mac or PC, launch it by clicking the software icon. Then you can load the Apple Music songs into the converter either by clicking the first 'Add' button or dragging the files directly from iTunes music folder.
- Note: To make the conversion process smoothly, please make sure you've already authorized your iTunes with Apple ID to play the songs. Otherwise, some problems may occur during the conversion.
- Step 2Set output format and other parameters
- Once the Apple Music songs/playlists are imported into AudFree, click the 'audio' icon near 'Convert' button to choose the output format as MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, WAV or M4B, and other settings including audio codec, channel, bit rate, sample rate, etc. To transfer Apple Music to USB, you are suggested to set output format as MP3.
- Step 3Convert Apple Music M4P to MP3
- Click 'Convert' button from the bottom right to start converting the Apple Music songs to DRM-free MP3. It will proceed at up to 30X faster speed on Windows or macOS 10.12 (or lower). After that, you can locate the unprotected Apple Music tracks on the destination folder.
- Step 4Sync converted Apple Music songs to USB drive
- Connect USB flash drive to your computer. Then copy the well-converted unprotected Apple Music songs to USB from the destination folder. In order to make it easier to find, you can create a folder named 'Apple Music' on your USB drive.
- Step 5Stream Apple Music to PS4 from USB
- Plug the USB flash drive to USB port of PS4. Go to the content area and click the 'USB Music Player' button. Then highlight a specific Apple Music song and press the X icon to play it automatically on PS4.
Method 2. Listen to Apple Music Streams on PS4 via DLNA on iPhone
If you are using iPhone, you can also stream Apple Music to PS4 via DLNA server. If you haven't got such a server, you can find it and other similar apps from App Store.
Step 1. Launch the 'Media Player' app on PS4, and select your DLNA server on iPhone. From there, you'll be able to navigate through the Apple Music from iPhone as long as they are connected to the same network.
Step 2. Now you can freely choose any Apple Music song from for playing on iPhone and it will be streamed to PS4 simultaneously.