M4B is a kind of MPEG-4 file format, commonly used in audiobooks. If you have bought audiobooks from the iTunes Store, you may be familiar with it. It is similar to M4A format, but with the difference of containing info like chapter markers, hyperlinks, images, and so on. These features of M4B give users a much better experience in listening audiobooks, for example, you are able to listen from where you stop at last time instead of from the beginning, while M4A can't do it.
However, M4B is not widely used in audiobooks. The reason is simple: M4B is not compatible with most players expect Apple devices or some particular authorized players. Therefore, if you want to listen to M4B audiobooks on a universal player, you have to convert it to common formats such as MP3 firstly.
Today, in this article, you will find 2 great ways to convert M4B to MP3. Read to find the best one that you like.
Part 1. How to Change M4B File to MP3 by iTunes
Since most people get M4B audiobooks from the iTunes Store, it is very kind of iTunes to offer a built-in function to convert M4B to MP3 directly. Now let's see where we can find it.
Step 1. Launch iTunes and log in to your iTunes account.
Step 2. Drag and drop the M4B files to the library.
Step 3.Click to Edit > Preferences > Import Settings > Import Using > MP3 Encoder.
Step 4. Open Book > Audiobooks and choose the M4B file that you need to convert.
Step 5. Find File and drop it down to choose Convert > Create MP3 version.
Step 6. Wait for the conversion to be finished. Now the M4B files are transferred to MP3 audio formats.
Although iTunes can help you convert M4B to MP3 directly, it can only handle basic converting jobs. If you need to convert a batch of M4B files, iTunes is not suitable for you.
Part 2. Best M4B to MP3 Converter - Convert M4B File to MP3 Using AudFre
To complete a larger number of transcoding tasks, the way to convert M4B to MP3 online or to use iTunes can handle that. So, I recommend you to use a professional audio converter, which is named AudFree M4B to MP3 Converter. As an all-in-one audio converter, it is the primary choice to help you convert M4B files to MP3, and also transfer M4B to any kind of popular formats such as FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, etc. without touching the original quality.
Metadata such as the title, artist, album, and so on will be completely kept into the transferred audio files. Hence, you can order the local audiobooks as your preference without any difficulties. With the assistance of this intelligent software, you are allowed to sync a batch of M4B audiobooks at one time (up to 100) and listen on any devices or players.
Please confirm the following prerequisites before to start the conversion.
- Please download AudFree M4B to MP3 Converter on your desktop. You can get a 1-min trial in the free version. If you want to fully test it, please register to unlock the time limits.
- Please be sure that the M4B audios play well and download it to the library.
- Step 1Drag and drop M4B from iTunes to AudFree
- Turn on AudFree M4B to MP3 Converter. iTunes will be automatically opened. Directly drag and drop the M4B audiobooks from the library to the empty field of AudFree. Or tap on the Load iTunes Library to add files to AudFree.
- Step 2Redefine output format to MP3 in AudFree
- When you are using a Windows computer, please find the menu icon on the top side-menu of AudFree. Or go to the "AudFree Apple Music Converter" from the menu option of Mac's system. Then hit Preferences > Convert to open the settings box. Now you can reset the output format to MP3 and the related parameters like bit rate, sample rate, channel, etc.
- Step 3Download and convert M4B track from iTunes library to MP3
- Press on the big 'Convert' button on the bottom right corner of AudFree. Then it will start the converting job. When the process is finished, please follow the on-screen prompts to find the location of the target folder. Please remember to check if all selected M4B files are converted successfully.
Tips: Convert MP3 to M4B File
Since AudFree is an almighty audio converter, it is very easy for you to convert MP3 to M4B by using AudFree. Now let's have a quick look at how to achieve the goal.
Step 1. Run AudFree on your computer.
Step 2. Hit the load iTunes Library icon to import M4B into it.
Step 3. Click the audio icon > Format Setting. Switch the output format to M4B.
Step 4. Check the "Convert" button to recode MP3 to M4B.