It could be the biggest disadvantage of premium music streaming service that all downloaded music and playlists you downloaded will disappear automatically once the premium subscription expires. As one of the largest music platforms, so does Spotify. After you have canceled the Spotify Premium, it means that you have no opportunity to access to offline playlists that you downloaded with your paid plan on Spotify.
Fortunately, the good news to Spotify music addicts is although there is no official method to listen to Spotify songs offline without Spotify Premium, it's still a legal way to help you how to keep Spotify music forever after unsubscribed. If you are interested in this topic, you can read on this article to download and get Spotify music for offline listening forever.
Part 1. What You'll Meet after Canceling Spotify Premium
Spotify offers two tiers for users to use Spotify app to listen to music and playlists on its music library, respectively Spotify Free and Spotify Premium. As for Spotify premium subscription, it also is divided into three types, Spotify Premium for Family, Spotify Premium for Individual as well as Spotify Premium for Student. No matter which plan you choose to update your account, Spotify enables you to download music and tracks to devices via 'Offline Mode' function, explore ad-free music experience, listen to high-quality audio tracks, skip music without limitations, etc.
But once you have discontinued the premium plan, almost all features provided by Spotify Premium will disappeared. The following things will happen:
1. With Spotify free account, you can still enjoy Shuffle playback of music and playlists. Objectively speaking, it sometimes limits us to play songs better.
2. All downloaded Spotify songs are not available for offline playback as they will automatically disappear from your music collection. By the way, you can still free access to them if you are online.
3. The music quality will be downgraded to lower. Spotify bitrate of music will be downgraded from 320 kbps to 160 kbps on computer.
4. Apart from the above things, you will be disturbed by ads when listening to online songs with skip limitations.
Part 2. How to Keep Spotify Music Forever after Unsubscribed
Spotify files can be downloaded as cache files with your Premium plan. That's the reason why you don't truly own these Spotify downloads and you can't save them as other common audio files. Only if you end this service, everything is back to the beginning. If you'd like to keep Spotify music permanently, the best way is to download Spotify songs to your computer for keeping them forever even if ending the subscription.
How to download Spotify songs as local files and save them on your computer forever? Obviously, Spotify doesn't offer an official way to make it available. As a result, you'd better get help from a professional third-party Spotify music downloading tool. AudFree Spotify Music Downloader is such a commercial music solution for Spotify, which is able to download Spotify music, playlists, albums to common audio files, like MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B and export them to the destination folder on your computer directly.
With the assistance of this powerful Spotify music downloader, you can not only keep Spotify songs forever, but also listen to them on any device even without Spotify app.
AudFree Spotify Music Downloader offers a free trial version for users to download the first 1 minute of each Spotify music. You can install it to test its performance in advance. If it can meet your needs, you can purchase the full version to unlock the conversion time limitation. In short, it's worth to buy it to keep Spotify offline playlists forever once and for all instead of paying for monthly Spotify Premium subscription fee.
- Step 1Add Spotify music/playlists to AudFree
- When opening AudFree Spotify Music Downloader, Spotify app will be launching automatically. And then you can directly drag and drop songs from Spotify to AudFree's main interface. Alternatively, you can also copy the URL of Spotify tracks, paste it to the search box of AudFree's and click the '+' button to load Spotify files.
- Step 2Set output format and enhance audio quality
- From what we mentioned above, Spotify audio quality will be at 160 kbps. To enhance the listening experience, you're suggested to click the 'Preferences' and 'Convert' option to set bit rate as 320 kbps and sample rate as 44,100 Hz. Besides, you can customize the output format as MP3 or other audio formats for playback on any device.
- Step 3Download and keep Spotify music forever
- After all settings are done, you can simply click the 'Convert' button to download Spotify music files on the target audio folder on your computer. You can locate all Spotify download by hitting on the 'history' and 'search' button, it will bring you to the destination folder including offile Spotify files. Now, you can keep Spotify downloads forever even without subscribing Spotify Premum anymore.
Part 3. How to Cancel Spotify Subscription - Detailed Guide
If you have subscribed a kind of Spotify paid plan but like to reverts the account to free level, Spotify allows you to do this any time. Here is the step-by-step tutorail:
Step 1. Log in your account page. There is a Subscription option from the left manu bar, please click it.
Step 2. Just click the Change or Cancel option to get the button of cancel your subscription and select it.
Step 3. It will require you to choose the reason why you'd like to leave susbcription. And then click Continue to confirm it.
Step 4. Just tap the Yes, cancel. button, your account will return to the Spotify Free service again.