Tidal is popular for its high-fidelity music streaming. It offers over 80 million songs to all Tidal users. In addition, it allows its premium members to download songs from Tidal for offline playback. Therefore, many users want to know: Can I keep music from Tidal?
When you download Tidal songs, they are saved as protected cache files. So, you don't actually own the songs. If you cancel Tidal subscription, you will lose your offline downloads.
Is there a way to save Tidal music as local files and keep them forever? Yes, there is! Keep reading to learn the best way to keep Tidal music forever even if you cancel your subscription.
Part 1. Can You Keep Music from Tidal
Is music downloaded from Tidal yours to keep? Unfortunately, the answer is no. Tidal has added protection to the streaming audio in the Tidal music library. While you can download songs from Tidal and listen to them offline, you don't own them. All offline downloads are encrypted and they are only saved as cached files. Once you cancel your Tidal subscription, you won't be able to access them.
So, if you want to save Tidal music as yours, you will need to rip music from Tidal. The best tool you can use is AudFree Tidal Music Downloader. It allows you to rip Tidal music files without any quality loss and switch the output audio format to the commonly used one. Moreover, it will retain the complete metadata such as title, artist, album, etc.
Besides, this smart program can work up to 5 times faster to convert 100 songs at a time. With the help of this tool, you can download and keep any music from Tidal forever and play it on any device.
Part 2. How to Keep Tidal Music Forever After Canceling Subscription
From the beginning, please note that your Tidal free/premium account is active. If you've never used Tidal before, you can get Tidal for free with a 3-month free trial.
Then let's move on to complete the rest of the preparation. Please install the AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on your desktop, as well as the Tidal app. To install AudFree Tidal Downloader, just click the 'Download' button above. Or you can go to the official AudFree website.
Now, follow the steps below to download and save Tidal music forever. Note that it's available for Tidal free or premium users.
- Step 1Drag and add Tidal music files to AudFree
- Open AudFree Tidal Music Downloader and the Tidal app will show up with it. Then, please find the track, playlist, or album you would like to download from the Tidal app. Then find the URL of the music by clicking the icon that looks like '3 points' next to the title. And copy and paste it to the search blank of the AudFree software. After that, press the '+' icon to add it.
- Step 2Modify output parameters of Tidal music
- Click on the 'menu' icon on the upper edge and then choose the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option to turn to the setting page. It is available for you to reset the output audio settings such as format, sample rate, bit depth, channel, and so on. Generally speaking, you'd better set the output format as MP3 since it's the most common one.
- Tips: If you want to export the best quality, you are suggested to change the output format to FLAC or WAV, the bit depth to 24bit or 32 bit, and the sample rate to 48000Hz. Moreover, please remember to check the 'Conversion speed' box to stabilize the conversion.
- Step 3Download Tidal music locally and keep forever
- Start the conversion process by hitting on the 'Convert' bar in the bottom-right corner. The AudFree Tidal Downloader will run at a 5X faster speed to convert and download your Tidal songs as your former settings. When the conversion goes over, a red spot with numbers will appear on the 'Converted' button. It shows how many songs are converted successfully and you can click it to find the converted files. Plus, they are also stored in your computer's local folder. And you can follow the 'Output' folder on your computer to find them. You can keep the converted Tidal songs for as long as you want.
With AudFree Tidal Music Downloader, you can download and keep Tidal music forever. The offline downloads will be kept forever whether your Tidal subscription is expired or canceled. You can also burn Tidal music to CD to create a backup. Or you can transfer Tidal music to USB and then move this USB to the device you want to play.