Q: "Is there a way to keep the downloaded songs after unsubscribing or canceling Tidal?" If you cancel Tidal subscription or unsubscribe Tidal after the free trial expired, you are no longer to play any piece of tracks from your Tidal library, though those songs are added and even downloaded before. All of the functions of Tidal are disabled, you can’t access any content anymore.
This situation occurs because of Tidal adds DRM protection to the streaming audio in Tidal music library. Whether you download it or not, you are prevented from keeping Tidal songs in your local folder or other storage devices for offline listening after canceling the subscription.
As you see, Tidal limits you to listen to downloaded Tidal songs after unsubscribing. But this situation can be reversed if you continue reading what I am preparing to mention below: A practical method to keep Tidal Music forever after unsubscribed will be shown in this article.
Part 1. Keep Tidal Tracks Forever: Necessary Tool
The success of this method depends on whether you have a professional third-party tool. It must conform to the needs of decrypting DRM from Tidal music files without any quality loss, switching music output formats to common-used ones like MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, M4B AAC, etc. and encapsulating full metadata such as title, artist, album, etc. in the downloaded songs.
AudFree Tidal Music Downloader exactly fulfills all the conditions. Beyond that, this smart program can work at up to 5X faster speed, converting 100 songs at one time and saving them as local audio files. Without this efficient helper, it is difficult to download and keep Tidal streams for offline playing forever after you unsubscribe Tidal. In other words, you can get Tidal for free by using this intelligent tool.
Part 2. How to Keep Downloaded Tidal Songs After Cancellation
From the very beginning, please noted that your Tidal account is valid. This method is not suitable for those with expired subscription. If you have never used Tidal before, please click here to get a free trial of Tidal streaming music service.
Then let’s continue finishing the rest of the preparations. Please download the Tidal app and AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on your desktop. If you have a pre-installed Tidal app from Window Store, please use a powerful uninstaller to uninstall it completely and re-install the standard version from Tidal’s official website.
Note: The trial version of AudFree Tidal Music Downloader just offer 1 min conversion for each song. If you want to experience all the function, please download the full version.
- Step 1Drag and add Tidal music files to AudFree
- Switch on AudFree Tidal Music Downloader. The Tidal app will show up with it. Then, please find the track, playlist or album you would like to download from the Tidal app. Then find the URL of the music by clicking the icon that looks like 3 points next to the title. And copy and paste it to the search blank of AudFree. After that, press the '+' icon to add it into AudFree.
- Step 2Modify Tidal output parameters in AudFree
- On the Windows system, just find and click the menu icon on the upper edge of AudFree. Then check to the "Preferences" > "Convert" to turn to the setting page. On the Mac system, please choose the "AudFree Tidal Music Converter" on the menu on the upper left corner of Mac’s screen. Now, it is available for you to reset the output audio settings such as format, sample rate, bit depth, channel, and so on.
- Tips: If you want to export the best quality, you are suggested to change the output format to FLAC or WAV, the bit depth to 24bit or 32 bit, and the sample rate to 48000Hz. Moreover, please remember to check the box of "Conversion speed" to stabilize the conversion.
- Step 3Download Tidal tracks locally and keep forever on your computer
- At this point, you have set up for conversion. So just start converting by hitting on the "Convert" bar on the bottom right corner of AudFree. The tool will run at a 5X faster speed (Or 1X speed if you ticked "Conversion speed" in the last step) to release DRM from Tidal streams, convert and download them to local audio files that saved as the former settings. When the conversion goes over, a red spot with numbers (it shows how many songs are converted successfully) will appear on the "Converted" button. Please check it to locate the local music folder where all converted tracks from Tidal are preserved.
Congratulations! Now you have downloaded DRM-free music from Tidal on your computer, which will be kept forever whether your Tidal subscription expired or canceled. In case of accidental broken occurs on the computer, it is better to back up those local tracks, for example, burn Tidal to CD, transfer Tidal to USB and so forth.