Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant doesn't just tell the time, it also enables you to set alarms, play music, check the weather and other things people most frequently use on their home assistants. There is nothing more exciting than its alarm setting function depending on the music you like. Then some may wonder, can we wake to Spotify on Lenovo Smart Clock to start our day?
Of course, Lenovo Smart Clock currently supports Spotify, YouTube Music and Pandora. With Spotify Premium, you will be able to link Spotify to Lenovo Smart Clock 2/Essential. Alternatively, here is a workaround that allows you to play any Spotify song on Lenovo Smart Clock with just a free account.
Part 1. How to Get Lenovo Smart Clock Spotify Work without Premium
Since many users want to know how to get Lenovo Smart Clock to play Spotify with free account, to meet their needs, we are sharing a stable method applicable to all Spotify users. You just need to make use of AudFree Spotify Music Converter, which is designed to download tracks, albums, playlists and podcasts from Spotify locally without Premium. Then you can stream Spotify on Lenovo Smart Clock via Bluetooth and play any song on-demand for free.
Moreover, it converts Spotify music to normal audio files such as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, etc. It is smart enough to detect all the metadata of the music, such as title, genre, article, album cover, etc. and keep them intact. So when you stream them to Lenovo Smart Clock, all the information is displayed. In addition to Lenovo Smart Clock, you can even play these native Spotify files on any other player or device without any restrictions.
How to Download Spotify onto Lenovo Smart Clock
AudFree Spotify Music Converter now offers a free trial for both Windows and Mac versions which allow users to download the first minute of each track. After you have installed it on your computer, please make sure you have the Spotify desktop app as well to complete the whole Spotify download process for Lenovo Smart Clock.
- Step 1Add Spotify Music to AudFree SpoDable
- Launch AudFree Spotify Music Converter and you will see the Spotify app opens itself. Find your playlists or favorite music in the Spotify app and drag them into the main interface of the software directly. Alternatively, you can right-click on the music to copy its link and paste it into the address bar at the top. After that, hit the "+" button next to it.
- Step 2Set Spotify Output Format for Lenovo Smart Clock
- You should go to the Menu in the top right corner on Windows or navigate to Apple's menu bar to select 'AudFree Spotify Music Converter'. Click on the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option and you will see several audio parameters including format, channel, sample rate and bit rate. We recommend that you select the output format of Spotify music as MP3 for Lenovo Smart Clock. You can customize other audio parameters if required.
- Step 3Download and Convert Spotify Music for Lenovo Smart Clock
- Once all the settings have been saved, simply click on the "Convert" button to start downloading and converting Spotify music quickly. When it's all done, hit on the "Converted" icon to open the history list where you can find the actual downloaded Spotify music files and listen to Spotify offline without Premium on any device.
- Step 4Stream Spotify to Lenovo Smart Clock
- Sync Spotify music to your Android phone or iPhone. Then turn on Bluetooth on your mobile device, find Lenovo Smart Clock in device list and connect to it. After that start playing the downloaded Spotify music on your phone and select the sound output device as Lenovo Smart Clock. Now, you can get Lenovo Smart Clock Spotify connected without Premium.
Note: There is a USB port on the back of the Lenovo Smart Clock for charging only. You may not transfer downloaded Spotify to a USB drive and plug it into the Smart Clock for offline playback.
Part 2. How to Play Spotify on Lenovo Smart Clock with Premium
As for Spotify Premium users, you can connect Spotify Premium account to Lenovo Smart Clock 2/Essential directly with Google Home app. In addition, you can use Spotify as alarm on Lenovo Smart Clock using Google Assistant.
How to Connect Spotify to Lenovo Smart Clock 2/Essential
Step 1. Open the Googe Home app on your mobile device, sign in to your Google account and add Lenovo Smart Clock to it.
Step 2. On the home screen, press Add > Set Up Device > New Devices and wait for it to search for the Lenovo Smart Clock to connect.
Step 3. After you have set up your room and Google Assistant's voice, you are then asked to add a music service. Here, you can select Spotify and set it as the default music service.
Step 4. When all the settings are complete, you can say "Hey Google, play some music" and it will start playing some music randomly or a specific Spotify song on Lenovo Smart Clock Essential.
How to Set Lenovo Smart Clock Spotify Alarm
Want to set up a Lenovo Smart Clock alarm with your favorite Spotify song instead of a dull alarm tune? It's possible! With a hidden feature of Google Assistant, you can wake up to Spotify song or playlist of your choice.
Step 1. Ask Google Assistant to "Create a music alarm for 7:30 AM" and it will ask you what would you like it to play.
Step 2. "Play [Song title] by [Artist]" and your music alarm clock is set up. Or you can do it with a command like "Set alarm for 10:00 AM and play Highway to Hell".
Part 3. Lenovo Smart Clock Spotify Not Working - Simple Fixes
When you use Lenovo Smart Clock with Spotify, you may encounter some problems such as Lenovo Smart Clock not playing or not connecting to Spotify. With this in mind, it's time to look at the causes of this problem and the solutions to make Lenovo Smart Clock Spotify work properly.
1) Internet connection is not stable enough
2) Outdated Spotify app and Lenovo Smart Clock app
3) Can't connect to Spotify with incorrect settings
1. Check Your Network Connection
Both Spotify and the Lenovo Smart Clock app only work well on devices that have a good internet connection. Therefore, check your internet connection to ensure good signal reception.
2. Update the Spotify and Lenovo Smart Clock Apps
Make sure your Spotify and Lenovo Smart Clock apps are the latest versions so that they perform better. If not, go straight to the App Store and install the latest versions of them.
3. Reset Spotify and Lenovo Smart Clock App
Sometimes, Spotify may not work on Lenovo Smart Clock because the settings are incorrect. Please ensure that the settings for Spotify and the Lenovo Smart Clock app are correct.
4. Restart Your Phone
In general, restarting your phone is a straightforward way to fix most application problems, including Lenovo Smart Clock Spotify not working. Try restarting your phone to check if the problem is resolved.
Part 4. Conclusion
Whether you are a Spotify Premium user or not, you will find efficient ways to play Spotify on Lenovo Smart Clock. If you want to keep Spotify music as alarm on Lenovo Smart Clock freely, AudFree Spotify Music Converter may be a good choice. Hope you can wake up to your favorite Spotify music on Lenovo Smart Clock Essential to greet each day.