Early in 2018, Spotify has announced a cooperation with the Clock app from Google to offer users a perfect soundtrack to start a day. No matter Spotify free or Premium users, they can all set their own unique alarms with Spotify music.
However, you can also find people reporting in the Spotify support community that Google Clock can't connect to Spotify, or Google Clock Spotify not working from time to time. This article here is about to show you how to fix this issue and introduce a workaround to help you solve the problem once and for all. If you are interested, just keep on reading.
Part 1. How to Fix Google Clock Spotify Not Working
After doing some research, we have concluded several possible reasons why this happens and give solutions accordingly.
Why Google Clock Can't Connect to Spotify
1. Spotify's new update causes a running issue with the Google Clock app.
2. Spotify seems to be playing at the background but with no sound.
3. Unstable Internet connection.
Solutions to Fix Google Clock Spotify Not Working
1. Install the beta version of Spotify and reset the alarm tune with the Clock app.
2. Clear Spotify cache to release storage.
3. Connecting to a different Internet connection like switching to 3G/4G data or a WiFi network.
4. Perform a clean reinstall of Spotify following the steps below:
• i. Go to Settings > Apps on your Android phone.
• ii. Find Spotify in the list, tap it and clear the storage. Then select Uninstall.
• iii. If you are using an external SD card to store downloaded Spotify music, delete the file com.spotify.music.
• iv. Switch your device off and on. Then reinstall the Spotify app from the Google Play Store.
Part 2. How to Connect Spotify to Google Clock
After reinstalling the latest version of Spotify app or the Google Clock app, we are here to provide you the details steps on how to connect Spotify to Google Clock. You can also refer to the steps to see if you have set it up correctly to avoid any Google Clock Spotify connecting issue.
Now, Let's see how to set your favorite songs from Spotify as the clock alarm with Google Clock.
Step 1. Open the Google Clock app on your Android device and go to the ALARM tab to tap an alarm you'd like to edit, or tap '+' button to create a new alarm.
Step 2. Tap the alarm SOUND icon (in a bell shape) and scroll to find SPOTIFY.
Step 3. You are required to connect with Spotify by clicking the Connect tab to continue and hitting OKAY to save it.
Step 4. Tap any track, album, or playlist to preview it and set it as your alarm tune.
Step 5. After you have set your favorite Spotify song as the alarm, please go back to the ALARM button. And then you can set the alarm time, vibrate mode, and other settings according to your needs.
Note: When the alarm music plays, you can choose to either snooze it or turn it off. After turning the Spotify alarm off, you still can keep listening to the Spotify music by clicking Continue Playing. In August 2020, Spotify even added a new feature to this integration, which is to set a sleep timer for Spotify.
Part 3. How to Use Google Clock Alarm with Spotify Offline
In this part, we are going to share with you a workaround to use the Google Clock alarm with Spotify offline music. This way, there will be no more Spotify Google Clock connecting problem. You'll first need to perform this procedure on a Mac or Windows Computer with the help of AudFree Spotify Music Converter, an ultimate solution to all kinds of Spotify streaming problems.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter is professional software that enables users to download Spotify music and save them in MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4B, or M4A formats. Once started, this tool can run at 5X high speed to download Spotify music without touching the audio quality. Meanwhile, it is intelligent enough to detect all ID3 tag information and embed them within the music files. After that, you are able to use the Spotify music as the Google Clock alarm freely.
Download and Convert Spotify Music for Google Clock
Before getting started, please make sure you have downloaded and installed the free trial version of AudFree Spotify Music Converter along with the Spotify desktop client.
- Step 1Import Spotify music/playlists to AudFree
- Open the AudFree software and find the song/playlist you wish to set as the alarm within the Spotify app. Simply drag and drop the Spotify tracks to AudFree's main interface to add music to AudFree.
- Step 2Customize output settings for alarm
- Navigate to Menu > Preferences to open a setting window and select Convert. Here we suggest you select the output format for Spotify music as MP3. Besides, you can also define the other output parameters including channel, sample rate, and bit rate according to your needs.
- Step 3Download Spotify music for Google Clock
- Now, please click the Convert button at the bottom-right corner, and AudFree will start to convert Spotify songs and playlists at high speed. After conversion, you can locate converted Spotify files in the 'history' list and locate them in output folder.
- Step 4Use Google Clock alarm with Spotify
- With the downloaded Spotify music files at hand, you can now sync them to your Android device via a USB cable and use them as an alarm sound in Google Clock app. You can follow the steps below.
1. Open the Google Clock app and tap Alarm to select the alarm you want.
2. Tap the Down arrow and the current sound's name.
3. Tap Add new, and then select the Spotify music file.
Now, you can use Spotify music as your alarm to wake you up each morning. Hope you have a nice start every day with Google Clock Spotify alarm.