Spotify is one of the preferred streaming services, offering you the opportunity to listen to your favourite artists and songs with a free subscription. Sometimes when you're listening to Spotify songs, you suddenly realize the addition of random songs in your playlist. You will be left wondering why does Spotify add songs to my playlist even when I didn't command it?
Even though several reasons lead to this, all hope is not lost even if it pops up additional hits that you didn't ask for, you can still find soft ways out to solve this menace here. Let's take a look at related reasons and effective ways to stop Spotify from adding songs to my playlist.
Part 1. Why Does Spotify Add Songs to My Playlist
Before discussing the solutiosn to stop Spotify from adding songs, let's figure out the several reasons behind it beforehand. Under this circustance, it could be easier to fix the issue of Spotify adding random songs to your playlist without your permission.
●1. Listen to a Spotify playlist created by Spotify. The system swings towards what you love listening to and offers suggestions based on that. It will add Spotify tracks under the "We Added" section, thus adding the songs on its own.
●2. Use a Spotify Free account. As a Spotify Free version user, you may also prompt the Spotify app to add more random tracks apart from the ever-popping ads, and no way to download Spotify songs without premium.
●3. Have a few songs in your created Spotify playlist. The Spotify app will also bombard you with more songs if you have added below 15 songs to your playlist. You will realize Spotify adding more hits without your permission.
●4. Turn on 'AutoPlay' or 'Enhance' Feature. With one of both features on Spotify enabled, new songs or similar Spotify songs will be added to your playlist automatically.
Part 2. How to Stop Spotify from Adding Songs to My Playlist - Common Ways
Listening to songs that you didn't plan to doesn't ogre well with most Spotify users. Up to now, it's clear why Spotify keeps adding songs to your playlist. Then we can easily fix this issue according to the factors. Here are a few tricks on how to stop Spotify from adding songs to your playlists.
1. Upgrade Your Spotify Account to the Premium Version
It is at the Free version you experience tonnes of pops and additional hits on your playlist. The quickest solution is to upgrade your account to the Premium version of Spotify, which will help you to evade the addition of songs issue and even listen to your Spotify tracks with the Spotify offline mode turned on.
Step 1. Just visit the official Spotify website and log in to your account.
Step 2. Next, go to the "Premium" option to upgrade your account.
2. Turn Off Auto Play Feature
Perhaps you have enabled the "Auto Play" feature, resulting in additional tracks. What happens is that once your Spotify hits are exhausted, the app automatically adds new songs to your playlist. You, therefore, have to disable this feature to stop Spotify from auto adding songs.
Step 1. First, launch the Spotify app on your device then go to the "Settings" section.
Step 2. Then scroll down to the "Auto Play" section to toggle it "OFF". This should stop Spotify from automatically adding songs to your playlist.
3. Add More Spotify Songs to Your Playlist
Keep in mind that the Spotify app will add more new songs to reach 15 or more hits. To evade this, simply add your favorite songs to accomplish the minimum threshold of 15 tracks. Once your playlist has more than 15 songs, Spotify will stop adding songs to your playlist.
Step 1. Launch the Spotify app and then search for the songs you wish to add to the Music Library.
Step 2. Then tap on the "Three-dots" > 'Add to Playlist' button to add the chosen song to your playlist.
📝Note: If you have created a new playlist by yourself, please also add more than 15 songs to this playlist. Otherwise, you will also meet Spotify keeps adding songs to your playlist issue.
4. Turn Off the Enhance Feature
The Enhance button should be turned off so that Spotify's algorithm doesn't suggest or add songs that are similar to your previously added list.
Step 1. Fire up the Spotify app on your device and then find the Spotify playlist that you don't want to add new songs automatically.
Step 2. Find the 'ENHANCE' button and click it to disable it manually.
Part 3. How to Stop Spotify from Adding Songs to Playlist - Forever Way
To tell you the truth, the above method may be short-lived in your quest to find out how to stop Spotify from adding songs to my playlist. If you're looking for a solution that works in the long run, you can turn to the AudFree Spotify Music Converter. Because it can download Spotify music and playlist to your computer locally, then you are free to listen to Spotify songs without being bothered by any adding algorithms.
In addition, this powerful tool can convert Spotify music to common formats including MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4B, etc. Using innovative technology, it also retains 100% original ID3 tags and metadata information of your songs. As a result, it does a great job of stopping Spotify from adding songs to your playlist, so you can enjoy your favourite Spotify music to the fullest.
Main Features of AudFree Spotify Music Converter
- Download Spotify songs, playlists, albums to your computer locally
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, WAV, FLAC, etc. for offline use
- Listen to Spotify playlists without any additional songs added
- Listen to Spotify offline without premium and the Spotify app
How to Stop Spotify from Adding Songs to Your Playlist Forever
- Step 1Import Spotify Playlist to AudFree SpoDable
- Select the playlist you want to convert in the Spotify software. You can drag and drop the Spotify music into the conversion window of this converter. Or copy the URL of the tracks and paste the link into the search box. Next, press the "+" tab to load your playlist.
- Step 2Customize Spotify Playlist Output Parameters
- Go to the "Menu" tab and select "Preferences" and "Convert" options. At this point, a new settings window will open, you can start selecting your preferred Spotify playlist audio format such as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC or any other format. Likewise, you can customize other Spotify output parameters such as bitrate, sample rate and channel.
- Step 3Stop Spotify from Auto Adding Songs to Playlist Forever
- Make sure the settings are perfect and then click on the "Convert" tab, it will start the conversion process and save the converted Spotify on your computer's local disk. After that you can play Spotify playlists smoothly without Spotify software and no longer worry about Spotify adding songs to playlist.
Part 4. Video Tutorial to Stop Spotify from Adding Random Songs
Check out the visual video below to learn why Spotify adds songs to playlists automatically and all the available ways to fix Spotify keeps adding songs to playlist problem.
Part 5. The Verdict
This article describes several common methods on how to stop Spotify from adding songs to your playlists other than your selection. What's more, for a permanent solution to this problem, AudFree SpoDable is your best assistant to download Spotify songs in your playlists you wish to listen to. This way, you can binge on Spotify music on any device all day long without any disturbance.