What is Rainmeter Spotify skin or plugin? Rainmeter is a desktop customization tool. It is free and open-source for users to create their unique "skins", which contains a series of desktop plugins or widgets. And the Spotify Rainmeter skin involves all the features of a standard player, such as Play, Pause, Previous, Next and so on. The user's interface is cleaner, simpler and easier to use. Users can customize the style based on their preferences.
However, the Rainmeter Spotify plugin has shut down since the end of 2018. It means that the Spotify Rainmeter plugin has been incompatible with the Spotify app any longer. But it doesn't mean that there is no workaround. In this article, I would like to share with you how to play Spotify music with Rainmeter Spotify visualizer, the latest practical method but little-known.
Part 1. Use Rainmeter Music Player for Spotify Music: What You Need
This workaround needs users to transfer Spotify music to iTunes or Windows Media Player to use the Rainmeter skin. So here comes the key point: how to import Spotify songs to iTunes and the Windows Media Player?
What you need is the AudFree Music Converter for Spotify, which is an all-in-one specific audio converter for Spotify Music. Without any quality loss, this smart tool can convert Spotify tracks to any common-used formats, including MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, AAC and so forth. These audio formats are 100% compatible with iTunes and Windows Media Player.
Besides, all these converted Spotify music files will be saved in your local computer permanently. In other words, you can listen to your favorite Spotify tracks offline without premium, even without the Spotify app installed. No more ads interruptions, no more function limits. With the help of AudFree Spotify Music Converter, you can obtain the purest listening experience of Spotify songs with Rainmeter Spotify Player.
Part 2. Set Up Rainmeter Spotify Visualizer: Step by Step
Now let's see how to use Rainmeter Spotify Visualizer in detailed instructions.
- Step 1Add Spotify songs to AudFree
- Download and open AudFree Spotify Music Converter on the computer. In the auto-opened Spotify app, browse and select what you would like to download. Next, click the "…" icons next to the track or playlist to copy the link of it. Then add the link to the search box in AudFree. Hit the '+' icon to load Spotify songs to AudFree.
- Step 2Reset the output preferences for Rainmeter Spotify player
- For Windows users, please open the menu icon on the top-right place of AudFree. For Mac users, please look for "AudFree Spotify Music Converter" under Mac's menu. Then go to "Preferences" > "Convert". Now, you are able to modify the output settings as you need. To get the top quality of Spotify songs, please choose the output format to MP3, bitrate to 320kbps and sample rate to 48000 Hz.
- Step 3Download Spotify playlists Rainmeter Spotify player
- Click the "Convert" icon on the main interface of AudFree. You can stop using other programs to speed up to 5X or faster. The duration of the converting phase is based on the number of tracks. After that, please follow the on-screen tips to locate the "Converted" folder. All converted Spotify songs are in there.
- Step 4Enjoy Spotify playlists with Rainmeter skins
On Windows Media Players
Step 1. Open the Windows Media Player. Find and click the "Switch to Library" button from the upper-right corner.
Step 2. In the library, hit "Organize" > "Manage libraries" > "Music".
Step 3. In the "Music Library Locations", click to "Add" to choose your wanted music.
Step 4. Hit "Include folder" and press on "OK".
Now you have loaded the local Spotify music files into Windows Media Players. Then go to search for Rainmeter skin for Windows Media Players and enjoy the music!
Step 1. Launch iTunes on your desktop. Then find and open "Files" > "Add File to Library".
Step 2. Select what you want to add from the "Converted" folder.
Now you can listen to Spotify songs on iTunes with Rainmeter skin.
More Tips: Enable Spotify Player Work for Rainmeter via Spicetify
There is another alternative to the Rainmeter Spotify plugin called to Spicetify. It is an extension that can help you play Spotify audios with Rainmeter skin. Just install Spicetify and enable the "WebNowPlaying" extension.
Sometimes it doesn't work after the installation, you can check the antivirus on your computer to see if it blocks the Spicetify. If it still doesn't work, you can go back to Part 1 to try the almighty method of using AudFree Spotify Music Converter.